Anyone planning any road trips this summer?

sasha@lazytrips

I'm just working on the last road trip plan for September which will either be the second trip to the Pyrenees or the Black Forest.

Kicking off in April with a week club tour to Monte Carlo

May, a trip to Scotland to visit friends but taking the family car as the roads up there are nothing exciting.

June, a two week trip to the Pyrenees.

Have you never done the A82 road, if not try, it's a fantastic road

I've got a trip to northern Italy planned for early June so was really interested to see your northern Italy route but it turns out it's all the places I'm not going!!

My route is to get from Folkestone to Basel in the first day and then head through the Dolomites (including Stelvio) and on to Lake Garda, Venice, Florence, on to the coast and then back up to Switzerland (Geneva/Lausanne), maybe stopping in Dijon and Reims on the way home...should be awesome!

• Like 1

Do you mean this A82?

From Glasgow all the way to Inverness following the Lochs; absolute amazing roads an scenery. Done it loads of times on my motorbike over the years and will be doing it in the Zed this summer, can't wait.

A%2082_zpse96o5cub.png

If so, then no. I have done the Duke's pass when going up this way. Imho, it's probably the most interesting road in Scotland where you can push hard without breaking the speed limit too much.

• 5 weeks later...

I've got a trip to northern Italy planned for early June so was really interested to see your northern Italy route but it turns out it's all the places I'm not going!!

My route is to get from Folkestone to Basel in the first day and then head through the Dolomites (including Stelvio) and on to Lake Garda, Venice, Florence, on to the coast and then back up to Switzerland (Geneva/Lausanne), maybe stopping in Dijon and Reims on the way home...should be awesome!

Think your route sounds good. Dijon in particular is a fantastic spot en route to southern/central Europe. Be sure to stop at a few other places in the north-east near venice starting with Verona. If you haven't got it in your itinerary, Bologna is a fantastic place to visit. Zero tourists, amazing medieval architecture and arguably the best food you'll have in Italy. Perhaps add that last stop on our North Italy tour to yours as it's on the way?

• Like 2

I've got some good news! The underlying site structure is now complete and live! A huge update which should now look great on all manner of devices and has a cool fresh feel. Be sure to check it out:

Lazy Trips

Updates scheduled in the upcoming weeks:

1. Loads of new content - this should really help with information.

2. Reopen user area with ability to save favourite locations, etc

3. Add trip planning with full itinerary, hints and tips. You can share these on social media, add any relevant information (e.g. ferry crossing details or hotel bookings).

Plus a whole lot more after this to bring the entire planning process under one awesome roof.

The summer is here, so get ready to pound some European mileage. Or should that be kilometrage?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So............where are any of the trips being offered to other 350 members ?

Think its horrid - everyone shouting out - I am off here on this road trip. that road trip.........where are the invites ?

I know there is Wales and The Lakes - not quite the same. Oh well.

Feeling grumpy - have VAT Visit - nothing that really concerns me - but how many questions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got a Wales trip planned next month with mates. Brecons, Elan Valley and up to Snowdonia over 3 days with the hope we can watch racing at Anglesey.

Going with a 300bhp S15 and an M135i so will probably be left behind!!

Snap going on the 15/05/15 might see you there just me ( 350Z ) and the girlfriend ( 207 GTI )

Alan

Got a Wales trip planned next month with mates. Brecons, Elan Valley and up to Snowdonia over 3 days with the hope we can watch racing at Anglesey.

Going with a 300bhp S15 and an M135i so will probably be left behind!!

• Like 1

Think its horrid - everyone shouting out - I am off here on this road trip. that road trip.........where are the invites ?

Feeling grumpy - have VAT Visit - nothing that really concerns me - but how many questions !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You asked for it.

https://mapsengine.g...user=0&hl=en-GB

Depart Portsmouth 20th June return Santander 5th July

Booking the ferry might be difficult at this late stage but all the hotels are booked but I'm sure they're not booked up.

You asked for it.

Depart Portsmouth 20th June return Santander 5th July

Booking the ferry might be difficult at this late stage but all the hotels are booked but I'm sure they're not booked up.

Thanks !! :teeth:

The first 2 links did not work !! ;)

You certainly have what look like good trips planned.

I look forward to hearing about the one which you depart on Sunday.

I think I already have several commitments for the June/July one, will check later and pm you.

Are you doing the Monaco classic ? I don't recall the dates right now, do they tie up to this ?

Actually I think they are May.

Spring Road Trip 2015 Starts with free practice this weekend, race from Monday :yahoo:

Two Weeks in Scandinavia: Denmark, Norway, Sweden - inlcuding the legendary Troll's road as featured in this short video.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/b893u8j4hikuo18/Troll%27s%20Road.mp4?dl=0

Three men, one brand new Beemer, one brand new Jaaaagg, a go-pro, expensive beer, no xenophobic jokes - it's basically new Top Gear :lol:

Folkestone to Basel in one day is not my idea of a fun road trip. Take plenty of red bull with you!!

• Like 1

Folkestone to Basel in one day is not my idea of a fun road trip. Take plenty of red bull with you!!

could be worse... :)

the other week I did Folkstone to Durham in a day. Detour via Rockingham speedway to visit friends for a few hours.

Did a few hundred miles sighseeing while up there.

and back the next day.

It's too easy in the Z.

Calais to Basel will be a much nicer, easier drive. Only decision is to pay the toll roads or go the parallel scenic roads and save the £.

You're rigiht about the Redbull, I always have the essentials ready in the car: pair of emergency sunglasses and a couple cans rockstar or the cheapest no-name brand drink.

Edited by chips
  • Like 1

Yeah that is going to be a long old drive on the first day but it does get us to the more interesting roads sooner so it'll be worth it :)

Some strong but questionable French service station coffee will see me through..!

could be worse... :)

the other week I did Folkstone to Durham in a day. Detour via Rockingham speedway to visit friends for a few hours.

Did a few hundred miles sighseeing while up there.

and back the next day.

It's too easy in the Z.

Calais to Basel will be a much nicer, easier drive. Only decision is to pay the toll roads or go the parallel scenic roads and save the £.

You're rigiht about the Redbull, I always have the essentials ready in the car: pair of emergency sunglasses and a couple cans rockstar or the cheapest no-name brand drink.

Wow, that's a drive! :/ Any advice on whether the non-tolled route would be realistic in a day if starting in Calais at 10am?