Hi Folks

Hi everyone,

After draining this great forum completely of it's invaluable information and contributions I finally bought my '06 Azure GT Coupe just 2 weeks ago.

Put a deposit on the car without even seeing it (subject to it being mint which it is) and was shipped down to me in Bracknell (car originally from Glasgow)... absolutely loving it so far! Have come from an Elise 111R so the Z is a little slower but I'm loving the proper engine note, still great handling and interior quality etc. and already looking to purchase the essential Nismo exhaust from Adam @ Z1 (plus need to get stubby aerial and popcharger)...

After leaving such a strong Lotus community was well chuffed to see a Z the other day flash me as we passed each other - it was even dark so good headlight recognition and also need to reply to the spotted section as I've already been seen in Eversley.

Thanks again all for such a great forum and here's to many happy months of Z ownership!

cheers,

Pete.

p.s. before you say it I'll try and post some pics up soon!! :)

Welcome! :thumbs:

I have a Lotus in the stable too, so know what you mean. Wait until you get north of 100mph (on a private road / track of course) then you'll notice the difference in the Zed.

Another candidate for the Wokingham area meet?? :thumbs:

thanks to all for the great welcome and yeah, please let me know if there's a Wokingham meet happening or any other major events? I'm just married too (hence the change in fleet) and so when not working sorting our new house out takes all the time so any excuse to escape will be welcome!

now we just need it to stop raining :boat: so I can clean the car and take some pics for you all!

cheers,

Pete.

Hya Pete welcome, glad to hear of your purchase mate, wait till you get the nismo exhaust on there, it will feel like you bought the car all over again feeling :yahoo:

Bracknell, if you spot a 911 GunMetal Turbo spinning around during the week with numberplate D1 CAT flash your headlights at her, its my mum, she studies at Newbold and Reading Uni during the week, and comes back on weekends, she is always driving around there as she bought a house in Temple Park Binfield :thumbs:

When I was at reading Uni I use to work at Blue Mountain Golf Course, the bar there use to have live Jazz music every saturday night, perhaps we should do a Z meet there B)

Hya Pete welcome, glad to hear of your purchase mate, wait till you get the nismo exhaust on there, it will feel like you bought the car all over again feeling :yahoo:

Bracknell, if you spot a 911 GunMetal Turbo spinning around during the week with numberplate D1 CAT flash your headlights at her, its my mum, she studies at Newbold and Reading Uni during the week, and comes back on weekends, she is always driving around there as she bought a house in Temple Park Binfield :thumbs:

When I was at reading Uni I use to work at Blue Mountain Golf Course, the bar there use to have live Jazz music every saturday night, perhaps we should do a Z meet there B)

That's a great idea, I live just a few hundred yards form the golf course. I could walk - or am I missing the point?

:D:D:D:D

:thumbs: already on the case for when I get spotted again! trying to search on ebay now for the cheapest deal on a stubby aerial...

apologies if I'm veering off topic from the original welcome but other posts in the forum suggest the IS300 JDM aerial is a closer (more OEM) fit but I can't find one anywhere so will probably go for the Honda one (approx £12 inc delivery on Ebay is the cheapest I've seen).

plus I've also PM'd Adam re: the exhaust so will get his advice on Nismo vs. alternatives plus whether to get the hi-flow cats as well etc.

cheers,

Pete.

That's a great idea, I live just a few hundred yards form the golf course. I could walk - or am I missing the point?

:D:D:D:D

:lol: bring the car wally