Write off your car and make a fortune!

Ebized

I find this quote from Mr Clark a bit bizarre...

Mr Clark said: ‘If I had the choice of buying a 1,000-mile McLaren F1 that has been hidden away or Rowan’s with 41,000 miles, I would take Rowan’s. It has the interesting history and this is what people look for.

So what he seems to be saying is that what "millionaires" look for in a secondhand sports car is that it's been owned by a celebrity who has obviously driven it hard and crashed it at least twice. :dry::lol:

Personally I think I'd rather the well looked after 1000 mile F1 that's been hidden away & not crashed twice especially if I was having to spend an 8 million pound price tag. :scare::D

• Like 1

I wouldn't be too bothered about the accidents, after all they were sent back to and repaired by McLaren. No doubt it was returned to Mr Bean Atkinson better than new :)

True, ...but if I was buying one for that money I'd still rather one that hasn't been crashed. ;)

True, ...but if I was buying one for that money I'd still rather one that hasn't been crashed. ;)

If you could find another one of the 106 made that was for sale, I think you might struggle to get it for as "little" as £8million. Considering the last one I know of went for just over £10million - that was a low mileage collector piece with just under 4 digits on the odometer, by the way - a couple of years ago and that was a million or so more than a similar collectors piece that sold three months before that.

Then again, I'm old enough to remember the days when you could pick up a pristine 2nd hand example for a mere £675,000 on Auto Trader. Sigh.