350z Greddy Twin Turbo Croatia

Snjur

How is looking i think tomorrow we can have all assembled and ready to start. We have produced end plugs/caps which are missing on Cosworth cams.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo

Finished dyno. 640 HP on 1.3 bar pressure.

Thing is we have difference in bank 1 and 2 roughly in high rpm 10% which we compensate with fuel corrections and they are equal now

We suspect it has to be due to turbos.

Plan is now to drive a car, did already 300 km and today going for street race event.

After on we are going to take down turbos and inspect them. Booth of them where brand new.

Just want to squeeze out that 10% more of power plus i need to change springs in WG as they cant hold more than 1.3 bar

Edited by Snjur
  • Like 2

Went on a street race today and.... Not what i was hoping for.

I had constant problem with heating. Brand new Mishimoto radiator with fan shrouds, Mishimoto thermostat and radiator cap. All was well until i was hold up in waiting line. Car started increasing temperature.

We took out Mishimoto thermostat as it malfunctioned and replaced it with oem. Seemed at that moment all was ok but again once i lined up in line same problem. We drained system and replaced Mishimoto radiator cap with oem one. Didn't try this combo since huge rain stop event.

Anyway i feel bit low due to this problem. Car didn't over heat as Haltech ECU dealt with that but still :( :( :(

Edited by Snjur

Air lock in the coolant system? Checked all hoses? Bleeding valve also?

Yes checked all. After thermostat replacement one coolant pipe was leaking on right side when i noticed second time problem

3257215ce28f1fa594f357861e42e7e4.jpg

This upper one bended.

We tighten it again, add missing water and drained system over bleeding valve.

A buddy mentioned he had similar problem on his S2000 supercharged and it was due to radiator cap. I took a look on Mishimoto radiator cap and looks all ok but decided to put stock back.

Yes exactly what we where thinking but we drained every time on drain valve. Will try tomorrow and drain really good amount of water over drain valve

So update from this morning.

After taking my morning tea i went to see my beloved Zed.

f0df543c65240968da70f2833bb0e160.jpg

Added water to Full mark and topped up radiator and went for test run.

No issues. Temperature was firm, i pushed car from 3rd gear till 6 gear. My God this is fast now. Ecu didn cut any rpm which mean water temp was ok.

Booth brand new Mishimoto thermostat and radiator cap have failed.

Car was runing in safe mode 13.5 on 402

Glad you got it sorted mate. It must go like poo off a shovel! Are you planning any styling mods? I ask because I like it as it is, nice and stealthy :D

Not much of mods. Actually in in search for some wing. I need something functional now for downforce but i dont wanna go that fast and furious look. So im in dilema now which wing to go. Somehow i like that APR wing but that is quite costly. Other option is Nismo 380RS replica wing. I really hope it is functional.

I need to remake that air duct at front as quality was not so good. I have a buddy here who is working with CF so he can fabricate new one

Edited by Snjur

My preference would be the APR - I think that style suits the zed shape better. It might look a bit OTT without a bigger front bumper though, but if you're only concerned about downforce then I'd imagine that would give you more than something like the 380RS one, and being a replica it might be more aesthetic than functional (although I don't know how faithful replicas are to the originals).

• Like 1

My God this is fast now.

Love it :)

With this setup 2xTD0620g turbines car is insane.

Until 4000 rpm just a regular 350z. Excellent dd no noise just enjoy crusing with it. Since it's a v6 has a lot of grunt there for normal and spirited driving. After 4000 noise is coming in, car starts pulling by the time it reaches 5300 rpm it is already transformed into beast and from there to 7500 is pulling mentally fast and sick. It really takes time to get used to that forces and all.

Now the only weak link are brakes. For NA application there where just fine Ebc GD and yellow stuff. But now with small or even noo boost at all just small touch of gas pedal you are crusing with 100 120 mph. As soon as you floor it you are above 160 in few seconds

Buddy did a fantastic job with Haltech. Really i can't say that this car was ever NA. No lag no any isuse whatsoever car behaves like it left factory with turbos. Throttle response all is perfect

Edited by Snjur

My God this is fast now.

Until 4000 rpm just a regular 350z. Excellent dd no noise just enjoy crusing with it. Since it's a v6 has a lot of grunt there for normal and spirited driving. After 4000 noise is coming in, car starts pulling by the time it reaches 5300 rpm it is already transformed into beast and from there to 7500 is pulling mentally fast and sick. It really takes time to get used to that forces and all.

Now the only weak link are brakes. For NA application there where just fine Ebc GD and yellow stuff. But now with small or even noo boost at all just small touch of gas pedal you are crusing with 100 120 mph. As soon as you floor it you are above 160 in few seconds

Is that when boost cones on, 4000rpm?

I quite like that there's no lag with my turbo's (supposed to be fastest spooling in the world) power is really instant.

Would you say I would get increased lag with more boost?

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Is this your first time with a turbo Z? Boost really does make cruising at high speeds of 120/130mph very very easy and licence losing.

Like you say, just a few seconds of full throttle and you easily approach over 150/160.

And that's in mine with 430bhp.

Yours must feel like the millennium falcon. If you're young and don't know Star Wars (I'm old now so it's wrong to assume everybody has seen old films! ) that's a space ship that goes to light speed in seconds lol.

My God this is fast now.

Is that when boost cones on, 4000rpm?

I quite like that there's no lag with my turbo's (supposed to be fastest spooling in the world) power is really instant.

Would you say I would get increased lag with more boost?

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Is this your first time with a turbo Z? Boost really does make cruising at high speeds of 120/130mph very very easy and licence losing.

Like you say, just a few seconds of full throttle and you easily approach over 150/160.

And that's in mine with 430bhp.

Yours must feel like the millennium falcon. If you're young and don't know Star Wars (I'm old now so it's wrong to assume everybody has seen old films! ) that's a space ship that goes to light speed in seconds lol.

Well depends of throttle position concerning boost. Full boost is high around 5000 rpm. Car start boosting from 3500 rpm with low boost around 0.3 bar and is increasing.

Due to size of turbines car is bit "numb" on low rpm and his main power is in hih rpm. So from 5000 to 7500 car is really insane.

A buddy who was assembling all has a same Greddy kit but with TD06-18G turbines. Smaller ones. And his response is much better in low rpms but is losing breath above 5000 rpm. So as i see bigger turbos bit more lag but more end power and high rpms.

Since 350z has enough grunt as NA car and torque this setup with bigger turbos is quite ok. In every day use and let say country driving on empty roads i don't see situation where i will need to rev it more than 5500 6000 rpm's. All above 6000 rpm is for drag racing with this combo.

Yes this is my first boosted Zed.

We reckon after we deal with few issues more that on RON 100 we should overpass 700 bhp.

489d9cc9d4ce32d4e39c696caaec32b3.jpg

Edited by Snjur

Nothing much here going on. Parked Z in garage. Im am having some issues with coolant temperature. I have tried numerous times to drain the system. Recently after 400 km trip as well with that drain bowl you can screw onto your radiator. Again few boubles came out.

I dont know. I will try ordering Nismo thermostat and replacing the second thermostat located at the back of the engine and replacing radiator cap with Nismo one. Hope that will help with this.

Bit strange booth of my buddies are running oem radiator with oem fan shroud on similar hp and more. And im the only one facing this problems running on Mishimoto larger radiator and fan shrouds as well

Edited by Snjur

Yet to see a rear stat fail, however first time for everything.

Try running without the front stat.

I have also seen the impeller braking off the water pump.

If you are running the old style Mishimoto fan surround then it is possible to wire up wrongly which will result in your fans rotating in the wrong direction. ;)

Having said all that, probably an air lock.

Edited by ZMANALEX

Well engine was rebuilded with brand new parts. As for Mishimoto and shrouds, new silicone hoses, new water OEM pump.

How can I know if the shrouds are newer or older type. As i see booth of them are working as they are taking air from outside over radiator instead blowing on them.