350z Greddy Twin Turbo Croatia

Snjur

Well if your paths ever cross over Croatia give me a shout. 3 of boosted Z in our garage. Each to their own taste. 2 bi turbos one with lot of grunt from basment other on top and 1 mid mount 800 bhp roadster DD for 402m races.

As for brakes yes that was my concer mainly. Is BBK really worth of exstra cost over 2 piece rotors and some top of the range pads. Since 2 piece standard size rotors plus pads and racing oil will be almost close to half price of BBK.

I see here few members are tracking their boosted Z on this combo of 2 piece standard rotors and high stuff pads

Would love a ride in any of those Zeds so yes I'll give you a heads up if I'm ever heading your way. :teeth:

Brakes

I did run my 436Bhp supercharged Zed on track with only a little better than the standard brakes set up, ...I used EBC Turbo Groove discs (standard OEM size), Ferodo DS2500 pads, Goodridge s/s braided brake lines with Motul RBF600 brake fluid.

This set up worked well enough for a short stint but anymore than 5 laps or so and I'd have started to lose the brakes imo I'm sure.

Although obviously your car doesn't weigh more than a standard Zed it does go a lot faster now (as did mine).

The problem with that though is that when you're on track you'll be going a lot faster than any standard Zed in a much shorter space meaning that a corner a standard Zed might approach at 60mph you could be doing more like double that speed. This means that you'll realistically need to start braking a lot earlier for corners than a standard Zed if you're still running standard or near standard brakes.

Personally I didn't get a BBK but only because I ran out of funds to get it done when I had my car supercharged. It was on my to do list though should I have kept the car for longer.

Is it worth getting?

Tbh in your case I'd say 100% yes especially as I think you're going to be keeping your Zed for the long haul and you enjoy driving it hard (as it should be ;) ).

Just think of it as an investment in "not crashing". A big brake kit new or used is a lot of money but definitely cheaper than repairing your Zed should you run out of braking space on the track or road.

Maybe try zmanalex to see if he has a used BBK you can get cheaply? Probably not but just an idea.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/user/9648-zmanalex/

Interested to see what you decide but at the end of the day it is your money, your car & your decision so it's all good whichever way you go as long as you're happy. :thumbs:

Well if your paths ever cross over Croatia give me a shout. 3 of boosted Z in our garage. Each to their own taste. 2 bi turbos one with lot of grunt from basment other on top and 1 mid mount 800 bhp roadster DD for 402m races.

As for brakes yes that was my concer mainly. Is BBK really worth of exstra cost over 2 piece rotors and some top of the range pads. Since 2 piece standard size rotors plus pads and racing oil will be almost close to half price of BBK.

I see here few members are tracking their boosted Z on this combo of 2 piece standard rotors and high stuff pads

Would love a ride in any of those Zeds so yes I'll give you a heads up if I'm ever heading your way. :teeth:

Brakes

I did run my 436Bhp supercharged Zed on track with only a little better than the standard brakes set up, ...I used EBC Turbo Groove discs (standard OEM size), Ferodo DS2500 pads, Goodridge s/s braided brake lines with Motul RBF600 brake fluid.

This set up worked well enough for a short stint but anymore than 5 laps or so and I'd have started to lose the brakes imo I'm sure.

Although obviously your car doesn't weigh more than a standard Zed it does go a lot faster now (as did mine).

The problem with that though is that when you're on track you'll be going a lot faster than any standard Zed in a much shorter space meaning that a corner a standard Zed might approach at 60mph you could be doing more like double that speed. This means that you'll realistically need to start braking a lot earlier for corners than a standard Zed if you're still running standard or near standard brakes.

Personally I didn't get a BBK but only because I ran out of funds to get it done when I had my car supercharged. It was on my to do list though should I have kept the car for longer.

Is it worth getting?

Tbh in your case I'd say 100% yes especially as I think you're going to be keeping your Zed for the long haul and you enjoy driving it hard (as it should be ;) ).

Just think of it as an investment in "not crashing". A big brake kit new or used is a lot of money but definitely cheaper than repairing your Zed should you run out of braking space on the track or road.

Maybe try zmanalex to see if he has a used BBK you can get cheaply? Probably not but just an idea.

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/user/9648-zmanalex/

Interested to see what you decide but at the end of the day it is your money, your car & your decision so it's all good whichever way you go as long as you're happy. :thumbs:

Yes you have pointed all out well. All from A to Z is on spot. I have a long winter ahead of me and car wont see road b4 spring il say April. Until that time i will try to figure out what and how.

Second hand BBK well like looking for needle in haystack here in Europe.

In States yes but than with such a weight shipping costs and customs again abnormal price.

Always something comes along the way to mess with the plans. Now I was planning to upgrade injection system injectors and pump, i need to upgrade suspension and brakes. Never ending projects.

And always there is this 15% of unfinished stuff on car.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

I know of a bbk kit that would be great on your car

Or have you considered the 370 brakes

I also know of a set with uprated discs and pads

Both fourum members that are not on here much if your interested I'll give them a nudge

I have been reading bit a long time ago on my350z in States that Akebono's are not much of upgrade over Brembos with decent rotors and pads so i ruled them out for now.

Always interested if some BBK available

• Like 1

Yes you have pointed all out well. All from A to Z is on spot. I have a long winter ahead of me and car wont see road b4 spring il say April. Until that time i will try to figure out what and how.

Second hand BBK well like looking for needle in haystack here in Europe.

In States yes but than with such a weight shipping costs and customs again abnormal price.

Always something comes along the way to mess with the plans. Now I was planning to upgrade injection system injectors and pump, i need to upgrade suspension and brakes. Never ending projects.

And always there is this 15% of unfinished stuff on car.

Not always easy to find such bargains here in the UK either but could be worth seeing what Nic (nissanman312) below knows about getting a used BBK for you. ;)

I know of a bbk kit that would be great on your car

Or have you considered the 370 brakes

I also know of a set with uprated discs and pads

Both fourum members that are not on here much if your interested I'll give them a nudge

Sounds good Nic. ;)

I would agree that bigger brakes are needed with your power level, easy to cook the stock brembo caliper setup when on a challenging track.

I've managed to cook stock brembo with stock engine on country road 😂

d6ffd2be78dcedd1a302caab5c9ac402.jpg

You want to put me in debt till rest of my life :o

I need something that can fit inside 18" wheels.

I have been bothering Adrina b4 for this kits. Price are really fair

Theyre not that expensive relatively speaking. Cant put a price on life mate.

Theyre not that expensive relatively speaking. Cant put a price on life mate.

Naa mostly this has can to my attention on track. Again due to my job and since we have 1 track in whole country Track days events are very rare.

On the road i really didn't have issues with EBC

Ive seen members on here with torqen bbk behind 18" wheels.

Yes 355 can fit under 18" not all models of wheels. I have copy of Volks Japan Racin JR3 and they can accommodate BBK

All comes down to the alloy wheel spoke design I'd say. Some will fit, some won't as you say. ;)

Yup. Buddy has Rotora Forget 6/4 kit on his Z and we test fitted mine wheels on his car. Manage to squeeze under 18" even without spacer

Edited by Snjur

https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=6446_6565

Before you go funding a bbk have a read of the above.

In reality the Brembo set up is very very good for actual stopping power, i doubt there isnt an owner on here that couldnt stamp on the std set up and get it to lock up and get the abs working so how is a bbk going to stop you any quicker? Tyres are also worth consideration when it comes to stopping, sticky tyres are going to stop you quicker too.

A bbk will come into its own with continued use and heat dissipation, i.e less fade for continued stopping power, I would also say you get better pedal feel too but a lot of that will be down to pads used.

Personally unless i was tracking the zed 90% of the time the std set up with decent pads, discs, lines and fluid is more than adequate, you would be better off following that route with perhaps some thoughts to ducting and additional cooling.

As per your brake thread, get rid of those ebc pads and get some ds2500, ds3000 or rc5+ pads in, change the fluid and lines and pretty sure you will be more than satisfied with the results.

https://www.zeckhausen.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=6446_6565

Before you go funding a bbk have a read of the above.

In reality the Brembo set up is very very good for actual stopping power, i doubt there isnt an owner on here that couldnt stamp on the std set up and get it to lock up and get the abs working so how is a bbk going to stop you any quicker? Tyres are also worth consideration when it comes to stopping, sticky tyres are going to stop you quicker too.

A bbk will come into its own with continued use and heat dissipation, i.e less fade for continued stopping power, I would also say you get better pedal feel too but a lot of that will be down to pads used.

Personally unless i was tracking the zed 90% of the time the std set up with decent pads, discs, lines and fluid is more than adequate, you would be better off following that route with perhaps some thoughts to ducting and additional cooling.

As per your brake thread, get rid of those ebc pads and get some ds2500, ds3000 or rc5+ pads in, change the fluid and lines and pretty sure you will be more than satisfied with the results.

Yes spot on what I was interested on and asked couple of posts ago.

I really don't think Brembo in combo with a proper 2 piece rotor and high stuff pad can't cope with car.

Think this will be my first choice since I'm not tracking car that regularly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ordered yesterday a new bumper 😃

It's a mix of abs plastic and fiberglass. Comes with mash and lip.

My plan is as well to put in N1 air ducts like on R33 to maximize air flow to radiator.

663092256505f6cdc6f6820f5a4f90ef.jpge50fc06ccf5debeff8bde9744a5fcd04.jpg

• Like 1