350z Greddy Twin Turbo Croatia

Snjur

• 2 weeks later...

So D day yesterday. Went second day in a row on dyno after upgrading fuel system.

First dyno run was only on 0.6 bar of boost due to some fuel issues which we cleared out for yesterday.

Yesterday run was on 1.4 bar of boost with little bit above of 600 bhp and 700 nm.

We couldn't go more as we need to adjust gap on spark plugs to go on 1.7 1.8 bar of boost and see what engine can deliver.

Next week to continue

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

So bit of review after a hundred miles on new injectors, fuel pump and most important OEM cams instead of Crapysworth ones.

After placing OEM ones back AFR bank 1 and 2 are flawless.

Car feels much more responsive on OEM ones, in terms of power delivery is much more explosive than before.

With Crapysworth cams car was fast but to get the max out of it I needed to Rev it above 5000 rpm. Range until 5000 was fast but if you stumble against some fisty car and in wrong gear it wouldn't look good.

Car did have nice power but in limited RPM range

With OEM cams in place all the fun is now way bellow. Car starts pulling much earlier and already on 3700 rpm has a strong pull.

Surprisingly and positive observation on OEM cams is that power is not fading with higher RPM'S.

I have rev it until 7500 and I didn't notice any loss of power there.

All in all much better response on pedal, much more fun to drive. And again learning process

Are you having a lot of problems trying to run reliable big power?

Mine will be back on the scene next month.

Well not much. I did upgrade fuel system to walbro 485 and id1050x but I didn't enlarged one hole in tank on fuel pump which was adequate for previous pump. Thats why on first dyno run I was not able to go over 0.7 bar of boost. After arranging this 40 min job we managed to go up to 1.4 bar of boost. But ignition was bit trick so my tuner told me most probably it was due to spark plug gap. Monday I will arrange this and we will see how much power we will have. I'm driving car all is fine. I'm on 1.4 bar od boost with 606 bhp and 700nm of torque.

I reckon will will over pas 650 bhp

But no any problems. Water and oil temperatures are fine, Afr with oem cams perfect just this small things along the way which need to be adjusted to get max out of engine.

Edited by Snjur

I always heard that the stock cams are best for forced induction.

Maybe a custom cam to make power more linear would be best?

Well if these where OK who knows. Like this hard to tell

Yeah I have promised to myself on JWT now for the car concerning all parts.

After this horor with this Cams I have been told that Cosworth parts in tuning scene and tuning forums are well known for failures

:lol:

So it's quite powerful then !

:scare:

Well unfortunately I haven't chance to try it as by the end of dyno run it started to rain. Will try to get some videos of acceleration

How much $$$$$$ so far in this project? I dread to think. Mines cost enough and not as comprehensive as this build!!

Man I forget counting. It was bought and than stripped painted went basic NA and than FI. Huh.... A lot of money but... Every time it I get behind the wheel it puts the smile on my face

• Like 1

I need to put a few words on mods that I had high hopes for.

Brakes

Dba Rotors 2 piece in front and solid in rear with Carbotrch pads Xp10 compound all around.

I was amazed by shear beating and abuse I have put them during bed in period. I have never used nor braked till now like that, except in real emergency.

Bite of brakes is phenomenal (once warm and on working temp).

On cold they feel bit numb and lack of power but again this is nothing serious for DD driving even this numb feeling is and power is satisfactory.

Only downside is squeaking noise when car needs to get to complete stop.

They are bit noisy but I can live with that knowikg what they give in return.

Excellent upgrade worth every penny.

Second was Meister R GT1

Build quality excellent. You can see really guys did a good job on it. Ride comfort as well excellent. I'm running 10 click from hardest at front 13 at rear. Car is soaking bumps equally at front and rear.

No any pounding or so.

Day after tomorrow I will test in country road 300 miles of curves straights all.

What I can see from first I'm resin car is more "alive" on steering. Much more direcet at steering wheel and much more responsive.

Edited by Snjur
  • Like 1