Carbon Fibre Interior Overlays

chrism350z

Hi Guys

I have seen a few topics about this across the forums.

But for the life of me I can't find anyone selling such anywhere in the UK.

I am particularly looking for the interior door ones, as my originals look like edward scissor hands had my motor for the weekend. :s

Can anyone help ?

Thanks Chris (y)

Just my opinion, and I don't mean to offend anyone.

But fake carbon (dip, wrap or any other) is awful. It cheapens any car.

Probably offended 80% of the forum :lol:

Don't worry I'm with you.

Each to their own and all of that malarkey.

The only thing, if the interior is scratched to buggery, what can you do - spray it ?

Edited by RobPhoboS

Probably offended 80% of the forum :lol:

Don't worry I'm with you.

Each to their own and all of that malarkey.

The only thing, if the interior is scratched to buggery, what can you do - spray it ?

I'd say piano black overlays are a better option than fake carbon fibre.

I love high quality carbon fibre, but not the fake stuff. It's horrible.

• Like 2

I tend to agree, but I don't mind it if it's a really good job and not too much of it. What I really don't like is that crap plastic moulded trim they have in new cars that vaguely resembles a carbon weave.

• 2 weeks later...

found this website in the US that overlays real carbon and it looks good but don't know if anyone has got any from here yet though? have to email for prices!

http://www.apsisusa.com/Lamination%20Real%20Carbon/Lamination%20Black%20Carbon/Nissan%20350Z/Lamination%20Nissan%20350Z%2002-UP%20BlackCarbonDashesindex.htm

found this website in the US that overlays real carbon and it looks good but don't know if anyone has got any from here yet though? have to email for prices!

http://www.apsisusa.com/Lamination Real Carbon/Lamination Black Carbon/Nissan 350Z/Lamination Nissan 350Z 02-UP BlackCarbonDashesindex.htm

Price is 2000 usd onwards I have been in touch. Plus they take original core and return 500 usd if you like

Quite pricey for me.

I found my luck home (Croatia) and is perfect. Real cf

399645a83888f3d08869f18a6270b9dd.jpg

14088e6a74ba79b60998e5b503c90b1c.jpg

9312c0a4cbb8f342e1edfe02479cee5f.jpgd337e7ee684cd39ad9fdb0950ef2bce9.jpg

fe564b07b4040a6a60ae478fafd7a79c.jpg

Edited by Snjur

Real carbon fibre is of course the best, because, well, its real. But you pay $$$$ for it. The hydrodipping I think looks pretty good as an option for a fraction of the cost and is a better option than leaving it as tatty and old looking.

Piano black is wrong on so many levels for me, just makes the rest of the interior look dated (when its meant to be black) and is overly glossy which looks a bit tacky - it just doesnt sit properly with the matte look of the rest of the interior. Just my opinion though.

hey snjur. can the place you had it done do more and if so how much?

I can ask the guy. He is actually in aviation branch, repairing airplane's and stuff technician plus he is working with cf. So this comes like hobby to him and relaxation. I have already sent him a message and will let you know as soon as he replies. This what I did was just wrapping original parts in cf matt gloss. Making moulds and all from CF was not much gain in weight loss and would be a bigger job

• 2 months later...