350 or 370

formatzero

Sold my 350z last year and boy do I miss it.So do I buy another or go for the 370z.I have read the clutch and flywheel can be a problem on 370's so if i get one of those do I need a warranty?never had one on the 350.Also read manual has very heavy clutch is the paddle shift a better bet?

Transmission comes down to personal preference.

Its a 0-5 year old Japanese car so I wouldn't get warranty but then it gives others peace of mind so its worth it.

In regards to 350 or 370 it really depends on your budget. The 370 is a better car fact but is it worth £X more, that's the decision you need to make :)

Edited by 370Ad

Depends, are you going to be living with this as a daily?

If you look at the price of the 370z and go thats fine then thats your answer. There isn't as much parts for the 370 yet so you might be saved from zeditis. half the folk on here with a 350z could have easily had the 370 2 times over with what they end up spending on the car!

• Like 1

Personally I wouldn't be comfortable doing mods to a car I've paid over 15K for (370). I like the idea of spending a lot less money on a 350 and doing my own mods to it. On the other hand if it is an everyday car a 370 being younger should be more reliable.

Me too, I would never ever modify a 370z... :surrender:

Since I was retiring I panicked a bit and sold the 350z and my daily driver for a 62plate Seat Supercopa,I now find I could still run a daily and a Z if the daily was a cheaper runaround.Or I could maybe keep the Seat and get a cheaper 350z,however I do like the look of the 370z.Guess best plan is as suggested test drive the 370 and go from there,cheers

Personally I wouldn't be comfortable doing mods to a car I've paid over 15K for (370). I like the idea of spending a lot less money on a 350 and doing my own mods to it. On the other hand if it is an everyday car a 370 being younger should be more reliable.

Me too, I would never ever modify a 370z... :surrender:

What he said ^^

:D

Seriously though I had a 2007 350z (VQ35DE) and it was fabulous, but the 370z is worth the extra pennies over its predecessor. I prefer the way it drives, it feels better balanced and the interior is much improved too. If I was going for a 350z I would get a VQ35HR motor.

Sold my 350z last year and boy do I miss it.So do I buy another or go for the 370z.I have read the clutch and flywheel can be a problem on 370's so if i get one of those do I need a warranty?never had one on the 350.Also read manual has very heavy clutch is the paddle shift a better bet?

All other things aside don't rule out the 370 on reliability grounds. They are a reliable car.

All other things aside don't rule out the 370 on reliability grounds. They are a reliable car.

Seconded. I've put 39k on mine, 11k supercharged. I drive it like it is meant to be driven too, and hope to again when it's back from the insurance repair! I've got a couple of niggles related to fine tuning the AFR and possibly need to replace the plugs, but everything stock is solid.

Edited by dajw

The two of them are reliable, but both have their faults like most things, just take into account that; not too aware of what the 370's are but I've replaced a few suspension arms and bushes on my HR 350. If you want a bit cheaper get a 350 HR, from what I hear they are a bit different feeling from the DE's and not too far away from the 370's. Again it could be down to cost or even looks. Theres some bits I prefer on a 350 (the rear and the fact it has a 'tail', sounds better, dash design (not the quality before you jump in lol), more practical with a CLOSED cubby behind the seats.. dunno why they left the 370's open) and some on the 370 (front look,faster.. lol)

Edited by AMT

I am still not sure myself if my 70 is worth almost double the 50 I swapped it with. But after test driving every other 16k under the sun all I can is it has a lot more value to me than them.

So yeah drive both the 50 and the 70 and decide for yourself :)