Good evening everyone,

I have been reading a lot of threads on this forum since around Christmas time through tapatalk+ and thought it about time I introduced myself as a new member.

I am looking at part ex'ing my current car for a 350Z roadster and I have been considering the Boxster S, S2000, SLK350 and the 350Z.

The 350Z has come up on top and comes across as a pretty bulletproof car. It also has very good reviews in terms of handling and performance. The Z is also much more exclusive compared to the others as well as being reliable and very good value for money.

I am looking to get a 07/08 car with 30k or less, in blue, black or grey. I would like a car with the GT pack, Bose and Brembo's. I'm still not sure whether to save a couple of grand and get the non HR car or spend a couple of grand more for the extra BHP. I see that supercharging is easier with the single air intake cars and that may be an option for me in the future if I miss the power.

I've seen a few cars I like so I plan to have a look over and drive some in the coming months, so I will see what happens. In the meantime I will continue to read posts and build a good base knowledge. Keep writing the build threads people :-)

• Like 1

Hello and :welcome: to the forum Garfield :thumbs:

You mention you might 'miss the power' and look at getting FI. What is your current car?

I currently drive an 4200 cambiocorsa MY05 facelift. It's mostly standard other than a straight through x pipe mid section, primary cats deleteted and the secondary cats replaced with 200 cell cats. They are quoted at 395bhp on paper but almost all the owners find them to have around 420-430bhp. The exhaust mods release up to 28bhp so its certainly not slow.

The thing is, most driving is done at normal mundane speeds and it quickly becomes apparent that it's just a serious waste of money. I've put on 18K since I bought it in March 2014 and enjoyed the car, but I'm now looking to have a nice little roadster that's still very fast, handles well, looks good, still exclusive, has that Jap reliability and cheap parts if anything goes wrong.

I do have that thought in my mind that if I don't get the HR engined car i will regret it and never be satisfied (can always get a rev up?). I'm going to have to compromise at some point though as a 2-3 grand saving on the non HR is a lot of cash in the bank.

Thank you for the welcomes everyone. I've not even bought a Z and I'm already looking at Eibach anti roll bars, white line links and Berk HFCs. It's an addiction. :-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...