£2460 For Sat Nav For My 2006 350Z

keithvmx1200

I have just rang up Gloucester Nissan to see what it would cost to have a Satnav put in my 2006 car and was told it would cost £2150 for the parts and £310 to have it fitted and to update the maps each year would cost £150. I did not realise it would be so expensive and do you think I should buy a Tomtom.

Regards Keith B)

The built in system is pants anyway. Tomtom is much better, even the iPhone maps are better. You could even buy a head unit with built in nav, which would be cheaper and kill two birds with one stone.

• Like 1

Go to a decent audio shop and get a built in unit fitted for around 1k. Looks a lot better than having something on your windscreen and they are easily updated every year now too.

Also it will make the Bose System sound much better :)

It think it just comes down to whether you want a neat original factory look / want to, or, are willing to, change the original radio / want something stuck on your windscreen obscuring the view and leaving sucker marks on the windscreen and trailing wires across the dash. I don`t find anything wrong with the OEM unit. I put in where I want to go and it takes me there, what more do you really need ? That is a lot to pay though for the convenience and look of original factory.

It think it just comes down to whether you want a neat original factory look / want to, or, are willing to, change the original radio / want something stuck on your windscreen obscuring the view and leaving sucker marks on the windscreen and trailing wires across the dash. I don`t find anything wrong with the OEM unit. I put in where I want to go and it takes me there, what more do you really need ? That is a lot to pay though for the convenience and look of original factory.

the 370 nav, though Wayne is far better than the 350 one

• Like 1

He has a 350, the oem bird view sat nav is pants, the 370 sat nav is decades ahead and works fine

In the end I bought a 5in Tom-Tom Start 25 from Halfords yesterday and got them to fit it in the top cubbyhole and hard wired it and it took them 2hrs to fit .I am well pleased with it as it not only covers the UK but all of Europe as well and I get four free map updates a year for life.It cost me £105 which included fitting I will post a pic when I find my camera.

Regards Keith B) .

• Like 2