Le Mans Blue 370z GT

JoshC

So, finally picked up my 370 yesterday, just over a month after writing off my old 350.

Very, very happy with the car! Now that I've had time to take a good look at everything it does feel like a huge upgrade from the 350, just in interior quality etc and although I was expecting it to be a little faster than the old car I was quite suprised just how much faster it feels.

Paddle shift is great fun too, definitely better to use the auto mode at slow speeds around town etc but when you put your foot down the paddle shift is great! :teeth:

Anyway I know you've all seen them before but a few pics of it...

Picked it up from the BMW dealer who had it in as a part exchange and they'd had it in the body shop for a week respraying any small scuffs or stone chips so it looked brand new and they also refurbed the alloys so I chose BMW Ferret Grey which is the perfect colour against the blue!

10846599_10205531885201181_1958865680_n_zps4177f1b9.jpg

photophp_zpsa40f0a92.jpg

photophp4_zpsb8e2b2a3.jpg

photophp5_zpsb29186b6.jpg

Few plans for it;

- Exhaust - It was booked in to have a new cat back at Prospeed in Cardiff Tuesday just gone but picked the car up late so now it's booked in for Jan 7th

- Steering wheel - Already ordered a new wheel from Jack @ Royal. Spec will be, re-profiled/flat bottom, smooth nappa leather top and bottom, grey alacantara on the sides and blue stitching with the blue centre band.

- Vinyl wrapping - on the rear 'diffuser' and centre section of the front lip and fangs in either gloss black or CF.

- CS/Tarmac side skirts - I already have these second hand from Andy.

- Spacers - 20/25mm

- Calipers - Going to spray them to match the body colour and also replace the stickers with Akebono ones

- Minor mods - new plates/front mount removed, rear wiper delete, LED bulbs all round etc.

I'm sure that list will grow but for now just hoping for some more dry weather like today to enjoy it over Christmas :)

• Like 1

Oh, and also meant to ask about a few minor faults;

Firstly, somehow my rear plate fell off on the half mile drive to work this morning :lol: I haven't had a chance to re-trace my steps to look for it yet! :blush:

But also, the rear parking sensors, they seem to be working intermittently, when I first got in it and put it in reverse there was a constant beep (did get BMW to look at it then but I wanted to just get going in it and they said to come back another day). They were working for a while as they should but the constant beep comes on som times and the repeated beeps seem to be completely random. Is there a common fault here?

Also, getting a warning on the dash sometimes about the washer fluid level but it's completely brimmed. Is this a common faulty sensor or something?

I'll be taking it back to Sytner soon to fix them as I have a 6 month warranty with them but might be useful to give their guys some inside info as they did seem a bit lost with the parking sensor issue with it not bing a BMW :dry:

Nice upgrade! Love the colour combo :)

I didn't think there was much in it between the 50 and the 70 until I followed one of the guys here on track at Bedford. I was in my old 50 at the time which was UpRev'd to 305bhp.

On the big straight he could pull away quite happily in a stock 70.

Nice upgrade! Love the colour combo :)

I didn't think there was much in it between the 50 and the 70 until I followed one of the guys here on track at Bedford. I was in my old 50 at the time which was UpRev'd to 305bhp.

On the big straight he could pull away quite happily in a stock 70.

Cheers mate!

Yeah, I was quite surprised! The pull seems to be a lot more aggresive and I'm loving the paddle shift on the auto when your really going through the gears!

Edited by JoshC

Looks great in blue. B)

Cheers mate, fell in love with the car as soon as I saw the colour :teeth:

Welcome to the Le Mans club.

Steering wheel sounds amazing.

What are your plans for mounting your front plate then ??

Cheers man! Yeah looking forward to getting the wheel although I'm slightly worried now for 2 reasons. One, I asked for him to add some thickness after I test drove a Z4 and loved the cusioned feel of the M wheel but actually the wheel on the 370, although not padded, is much thicker than I thought so worried it might be too thick.

Also using the exchnage option he only supplies the outter wheel, not the centre bit with air bag and controls etc so now I'm worried that with the new flat bottom I'm not sure how the centre plastic will fit with it! Jackl seems to know his stuff though so putting some trust in him :blush:

Looks awesome Josh!

Issue with park sensors could be simply that the rear bumper has been resprayed and paint over the sensors is too thick.

Happy Zedding :thumbs:

Hadn't thought of it being an issue with paint to be fair mate, so thanks for that! After cleaning them didn't work I just assumed maybe one was lose or had moved slightly but seeing as BMW had it in the bodyshop you may well be right. Will mention that to them when I visit later :)

Anyone got any ideas on the washer level warnings I'm getting despite the washer fluid being full?

Looking good Josh B)

Did they take the front bumper off to spray it ? washer bottles are behind it, seems a coincidence, no it's not a common fault

Cheers mate! They may well have actually, so will ask them about that! Not too worries about it as I have a comprehensive warranty with BMW so plenty of time to fix minor faults like these! Will suggest that to them though :thumbs:

Firstly, somehow my rear plate fell off on the half mile drive to work this morning :lol: I haven't had a chance to re-trace my steps to look for it yet! :blush:

But also, the rear parking sensors, they seem to be working intermittently, when I first got in it and put it in reverse there was a constant beep (did get BMW to look at it then but I wanted to just get going in it and they said to come back another day). They were working for a while as they should but the constant beep comes on som times and the repeated beeps seem to be completely random. Is there a common fault here?

Also, getting a warning on the dash sometimes about the washer fluid level but it's completely brimmed. Is this a common faulty sensor or something?

I'll be taking it back to Sytner soon to fix them as I have a 6 month warranty with them but might be useful to give their guys some inside info as they did seem a bit lost with the parking sensor issue with it not bing a BMW :dry:

I had the same issue,with my washer bottle.. But it "went away " after a few weeks and is yet to come back.. I am convinced it was when I put it in the garage after a few 🻠and hit the lawnmower😆

Ps my fave colour love it

Edited by Brayster

Great looking 370 Josh and pleased it all came good for you in the end.

First picture at the BMW dealership made me think this. ;):lol:

10846599_10205531885201181_1958865680_n_zps2cb6a194.jpg

Hahaha! Love it! Did look a tad odd sitting amongst all those grey and black Beamers but certainly stood out :D

A nice blue in a sea of re-sale. Love my Z but wish it was Le Mans blue :(

Yeah, sat next to a load of fairly understated 3 series' etc te blue made it look even more special :)

Very nice looking motor you've got there......enjoy!!! :thumbs:

Congrats :teeth:

Glad you like the auto box, guess it makes driving too easy now :blush:

Congrats Josh, seems like you are much happier with 370z B) car looks great mate. Hope you'll sort out those minor issues soon. Enjoy mate!

Cheers all! Yeah the auto box is very nice just pottering around town or using alongside cruise control down the M4 and the paddle shift is pretty awesome when giving it some! :)

• Like 1

I had the same issue,with my washer bottle.. But it "went away " after a few weeks and is yet to come back.. I am convinced it was when I put it in the garage after a few 🍻 and hit the lawnmower😆

Ps my fave colour love it

I'll be getting my friend who's a mechanic to look at it this week, maybe it is just a lose lead or something then! Fingers crossed an easy fix! If not, BMW will be paying for it! Haha!