Le Mans Blue 370z GT

JoshC

Haha I had the same thought with the BMW picture...

haha_zpsa67b4ffc.jpg

Looks great and blue on anthracite wheels is such an awesome combo!

Hahaha! Love it! It definitely could have done more to blend in!

Looks great Josh!

Make sure you get plenty photos of the steering wheel when it comes! I have been speaking to Jack about re trimming mine, and had settled on a similar finish to yours, but with the red centre ring.

:thumbs:

Will do, was sent out today and should have it tomorrow so looking forward to it! Little worried though now I've been driving the car that the extra padding may make it too thick. Also, as he only sends the wheel and not the centre part, I'm not sure how the bottom spoke of the centre of the wheel will fit over the new flat bottom!

Edited by JoshC

Looks great Josh!

Make sure you get plenty photos of the steering wheel when it comes! I have been speaking to Jack about re trimming mine, and had settled on a similar finish to yours, but with the red centre ring.

:thumbs:

Will do, was sent out today and should have it tomorrow so looking forward to it! Little worried though now I've been driving the car that the extra padding may make it too thick. Also, as he only sends the wheel and not the centre part, I'm not sure how the bottom spoke of the centre of the wheel will fit over the new flat bottom!

Looking at the flat bottom carbon ones on the US forums, i think it will be okay mate:

http://www.the370z.c...cf-element.html

This is the photo he sent me:

jr5xtu.jpg

Edited by ross27

That wheel is awesome.

Is it a Juke Nismo one ?

The 370z shares the same wheel as the Juke, however the one above has been significantly re worked.

The Nismo (Juke & 370z) has a standard shaped wheel with alcantara sides, and the red ring at the top.

I don't find anything wrong with the 370 wheel on track especially with gloves but that said, I'd love alcantara and a centre ring !!

Looking forward to seeing yours tomorrow Josh.

Expensive ??

Tbf I ordered it before I picked the car up and I did so because I drove an M sport Z4 on the same day as a brief test drive of the Z and just remember the chunky and padded Z4 wheel being much nice to hold. The 370 wheel is a lot nicer than I remember from the test drive but still worth the upgrade hopefully!

It was £120 for the retrim with half leather/alacantara and and extra £70 for the re-shape! Bargain IMO considering the cost of some of the Momo wheels which obviously don't retain your airbag and controls etc!

Edited by JoshC

New wheel turned up this morning and took it straight to my friend to fit it. More than chuffed with if, spot on for what I was looking for and looks completely OEM! The thickness is spot on, it's kept the shape of the thumb grips etc and you'd never know the flat bottom was a modification. Anyway, some pics of it....

image_zpsdaece4c3.jpg

image_zps698da3da.jpg

So as I said, it's the standard 370 wheel that Royal retrimmed the putter but for me, top and bottom in smooth nappa leather, sides in grey alacantara, blue stitching and centre band and a flat bottom.

Can't recdomend Jack at Royal enough! Amazing work and very quick and affordable too! :)

My mats, spacers and led's all round are here ready to go in too!

• Like 4

New wheel turned up this morning and took it straight to my friend to fit it. More than chuffed with if, spot on for what I was looking for and looks completely OEM! The thickness is spot on, it's kept the shape of the thumb grips etc and you'd never know the flat bottom was a modification. Anyway, some pics of it....

image_zpsdaece4c3.jpg

image_zps698da3da.jpg

So as I said, it's the standard 370 wheel that Royal retrimmed the putter but for me, top and bottom in smooth nappa leather, sides in grey alacantara, blue stitching and centre band and a flat bottom.

Can't recdomend Jack at Royal enough! Amazing work and very quick and affordable too! :)

My mats, spacers and led's all round are here ready to go in too!

oh now that i like

Cheers all! Like I said, can't reccomend them enough!

The company is called Royal Steering Wheels. Google them and give Jack a call or email. To be honest he's not all that quick at replying but if you call him and talk through exactly what you want and get him to send you a PayPal invoice he's very quick from payment to getting it sent out :)

This looks sweet ! , out of interest what are the costs involved ?

Josh said ...

It was £120 for the retrim with half leather/alacantara and and extra £70 for the re-shape! Bargain IMO considering the cost of some of the Momo wheels which obviously don't retain your airbag and controls etc!

• Like 1

Josh said ...

Thats good value , looks superb too

Josh said ...

Thats good value , looks superb too

Yep! Great value, as far as I know it's always been very expensive to retrim a wheel but Jack seems to be the cheapest around and I can't imagine anyone else doing a better job!