Where to park?

Grundy

^^ Cheers for the comments guys,

Just spoke to my company, who deal with social housing - We have some garages near me up for rent :woop woop:

They are just bog standard garages, which could possibly be 6/7ft - 8ft deep. Their going to give me the keys to take a look at some point, but it's a starting point, hopefully it's big enough :)

I bet you get more dings and scratches getting in and out that you ever would parked on the road :p

Check insurance too, a lot of companies actually charge MORE if your car is garaged...

Edited by spursmaddave

Just spoke to my company, who deal with social housing - We have some garages near me up for rent :woop woop:

They are just bog standard garages, which could possibly be 6/7ft - 8ft deep. Their going to give me the keys to take a look at some point, but it's a starting point, hopefully it's big enough :)

I bet you get more dings and scratches getting in and out that you ever would parked on the road :p

Well right now on my road is a Punto, with it's front bumper missing and a smashed head light :lol: I'll take my chances else where.

Well right now on my road is a Punto, with it's front bumper missing and a smashed head light :lol: I'll take my chances else where.

Why not park it how me and madmikster did haha

• Like 1

That looks like an escape ramp from the bedroom :lol:

. I think it is supposed to be

what for his victims?

Sorry Matt!

or slightly less cruel, for when he sees a spider the size of a pin prick?

Edited by Flex

• 3 weeks later...

Check insurance too, a lot of companies actually charge MORE if your car is garaged...

I was going to mention the insurance thing too.

I think nearly every insurance quote ive had has come in MORE expensive if you say its garaged rather than left on a public street. The logic from the insurance companies perspective is that if its in a garage a thief can break in, then as he is out of sight can spend as long as he wants messing about with your car. Whereas if its on a street then more chance of someone seeing/disturbing any potential thief.

However, you may figure that the increase in insurance premium to keep the car garaged is worth it. I know I would if I was worried. As it is, my garage is full of low(ish) value motorbikes/cars and I keep my £25k beemer on the drive. :lol:

• Like 1

I think nearly every insurance quote ive had has come in MORE expensive if you say its garaged rather than left on a public street. The logic from the insurance companies perspective is that if its in a garage a thief can break in, then as he is out of sight can spend as long as he wants messing about with your car. Whereas if its on a street then more chance of someone seeing/disturbing any potential thief.

Wow :scare: , I didn't know that, who'd've thunk it?

Edited by Rock_Steady

The other day I saw a bed for your car. It was an inflatable mattress that fitted into the rear footwell and over the rear seats.

Not so good for the 350, but I thought it was brilliant - I was always saying I will just sleep in the car - now just trying to remember all those folk who thought me mad years ago for wanting to spend so much an fancy cars rather than more practical stuff like houses and a roof over my head !! :lol:

Re the garage and insurance.I do not think all Insurers charge more for a car being garaged.

I am with Brentacre and they certainly didn't - although I am going to check come renewal time to be sure this has not altered.