Where to park?

Grundy

Rent a garage from someone? aka C, failing that D.

Or just accept it's an old Nissan and leave it on the street.

Was going to say the same thing, stop being so precious and accept it is a 10 year old car worth a few grand, park it in the best place you can and forget about it, much more important things to worry about in life imo

Was going to say the same thing, stop being so precious and accept it is a 10 year old car worth a few grand, park it in the best place you can and forget about it, much more important things to worry about in life imo

A few Grand may not seem a lot to you, but it definitely is for me, worked hard to get my car, and even harder to get it back on the road. Had it been a bog standard Zed, then yeah I wouldn't be bothered as much where it was parked, But it's not, it can easily attract the wrong attention down this road, so I'd like to do what I can to look after the car.

A few Grand may not seem a lot to you, but it definitely is for me, worked hard to get my car, and even harder to get it back on the road. Had it been a bog standard Zed, then yeah I wouldn't be bothered as much where it was parked, But it's not, it can easily attract the wrong attention down this road, so I'd like to do what I can to look after the car.

Wasn't meant as an insult Matt you should know that, I just meant stop worrying about what might happen and enjoy getting the car back.

What do you mean by attracting the wrong attention? When I have lived in areas I thought were rough and worried about my car I found there was usually quite a bit of respect for cars like Zeds or Supras etc as they are affordable performance cars rather than Porches etc :shrug:

Wasn't meant as an insult Matt you should know that, I just meant stop worrying about what might happen and enjoy getting the car back.

What do you mean by attracting the wrong attention? When I have lived in areas I thought were rough and worried about my car I found there was usually quite a bit of respect for cars like Zeds or Supras etc as they are affordable performance cars rather than Porches etc :shrug:

Yeah my bad with that one, I know what you mean.

It's funny, with the attention, there's been reports of keyings, mainly from residents doing it :lol: Because people park in spaces outside there houses (Public road, they can) So they don't have to pay to park to go on the train. So residents get snobby about cars left there all day, thus mine would be left there all day too :/

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to get back on the road, as a lot of things wont matter when I'm back in my car, I guess this was just a thread to see what other people have done to with regards to 3rd party storage

Yeah my bad with that one, I know what you mean.

It's funny, with the attention, there's been reports of keyings, mainly from residents doing it :lol: Because people park in spaces outside there houses (Public road, they can) So they don't have to pay to park to go on the train. So residents get snobby about cars left there all day, thus mine would be left there all day too :/

Don't get me wrong, I can't wait to get back on the road, as a lot of things wont matter when I'm back in my car, I guess this was just a thread to see what other people have done to with regards to 3rd party storage

Sounds like they just don't like commuters parking there all day while at work, if they see you and your car regularly and know you are a resident then I doubt yours would get any attention like that would it? :shrug:

Obviously not ideal parking any car on the street especially a cherished one but there are many members on here that don't have an option, I wouldn't get too hung up on it to be honest, you could pay for a garage or parking spot and then get the car keyed while parked up when you are out and about...

Are they choppered in? Is that even a word?

:lol:

Probably some sort of car lift involved maybe. :shrug::dry:

Nah, sounds too simple, much cooler to have them dropped off by helichopter.

As shown by the Red Bull F1 team in Australia this year. B)

image13.png

Link: http://richardsf1.com/2014/02/03/2014-australian-gp-launched-in-style/

;)

Are they choppered in? Is that even a word?

:lol:

Probably some sort of car lift involved maybe. :shrug::dry:

Nah, sounds too simple, much cooler to have them dropped off by helichopter.

As shown by the Red Bull F1 team in Australia this year. B)

image13.png

Link: http://richardsf1.co...nched-in-style/

;)

That's how they should start all F1 races, dropping the cars from above by 'chute.

• Like 1

where did you park the car before the engine went and you were living at home? or did you leave it at home and get the train or something? :shrug:

to be fair i understand your concerns with leaving it on the street i always tried to park mine with the least chance of something happening to it (end space, other end of car park etc.) but it didn't stop someone pulling out of a junction into the side of me while i was driving it :rant: you can only do so much to protect your pride and joy but you can't do anything about other peoples stupidity unfortunately :wacko:

if you can rent a space near your home then perfect, a garage would be ideal but i would want one where i could still keep a proper eye on it, failing that then leave it at your mums and do the commute the other way round if its just going to be a weekend toy :)

I have to park in the street. Using a car cover definitely reduces the chances of a noticeable car getting the wrong sort of attention but I only drive at the weekends so using a cover isn't much of a hassle. Probably wouldn't be practical if yours is a daily driver.

I have to park in the street. Using a car cover definitely reduces the chances of a noticeable car getting the wrong sort of attention but I only drive at the weekends so using a cover isn't much of a hassle. Probably wouldn't be practical if yours is a daily driver.

I think using a car cover can attract attention, people might think " oh yeah, don't want your precious car to get dirty eh? I wonder what he's got under there?"

I think using a car cover can attract attention, people might think " oh yeah, don't want your precious car to get dirty eh? I wonder what he's got under there?"

I had that debate with my other half before deciding to get the cover but she's had to admit that it really hasn't worked out that way. Of course it's a possibility, but all I can tell you is that with the cover off the car gets a LOT of attention (all positive so far thankfully). With it on nobody seems to give it a second look. It just blends in. We do live down a fairly quiet road though - might be different on a busy road.

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 1

Grund, if the landlord is money obsessed make her an offer she can't refuse. Find out how much she would rent the space for if she was going to "just for your personal interest" as to what's reasonable. Then offer her 50% more a few days later. You'll be paying less than a public car park and you'll have a safe gated space :)

^^ Cheers for the comments guys,

Just spoke to my company, who deal with social housing - We have some garages near me up for rent :woop woop:

They are just bog standard garages, which could possibly be 6/7ft - 8ft deep. Their going to give me the keys to take a look at some point, but it's a starting point, hopefully it's big enough :)

• Like 2