Broke my iphone a little bit...

Grundy

Just to amuse you all a little really,

I have a 4s, been going strong for 4 years! No marks etc, perfect condition.

Anyway, out walking back from lunch, using headphones whilst on the phone to someone. - Battery dies.

Get back to work and charge it, turn it on, go to make another phone call, this time I can't hear them, thought, oh must be there issue.

Called someone else, same thing happened again. Okay good old IT trick, turn it off and on again. Still the same thing happened, I wasn't getting any sound out my speaker.

When I adjusted the volume, I noticed it was still in 'Headphone' Mode - So made another call, this time on loudspeaker, could hear them fine.

Plugged in headphones, could hear sound again etc. Took them out, still in stupid headphone mode.

I then went into sound options, when I select a ring tone, works fine :lol: but still in sodding headphone mode, and there is no option to turn it off and on.

So basically my phone is always thinking my headphones are plugged in.

Chances are my Jailbreak has bugged it, but I can't be bothered to restore!

Anyway, hopefully that will brighten up your wednesdays afternoon.

Get a pin and clean out the headphones socket, sometimes get fluff etc in there that makes it think the headphones are still plugged in.. Happened to me before :thumbs:

Oooo Clever Gixxer!!!

She lives! Kept plugging and unplugging the headphones :lol:

• Like 1

Get a pin and clean out the headphones socket, sometimes get fluff etc in there that makes it think the headphones are still plugged in.. Happened to me before :thumbs:

Oooo Clever Gixxer!!!

She lives! Kept plugging and unplugging the headphones :lol:

Apple recommend ' if in doubt, whack it in and out' :thumbs:

• Like 1

Threw my iphone5S in a swimming pool in Abu Dhabi after id had a few beers, badly twsted my ankle, and apparently I didnt want to have my phone in my hand when i went down, so i let go of it, in the direction of the pool. Lept in, and rescued it, still works fine, dried it out a couple of times, no issues. Apparently the funniest thing the guy i was with had ever seen

• Like 1

Threw my iphone5S in a swimming pool in Abu Dhabi after id had a few beers, badly twsted my ankle, and apparently I didnt want to have my phone in my hand when i went down, so i let go of it, in the direction of the pool. Lept in, and rescued it, still works fine, dried it out a couple of times, no issues. Apparently the funniest thing the guy i was with had ever seen

Haha :lol: i sorta stood in the pool for 20 mins with a beer, before taking off like iron man.....to late lol

I thought if you put your I-phone in a bag of rice, it would soak up the dampness from water damage and after 3 or 4 days, hey presto, a fully functioning I-phone once again.

If not, it attracts asians, and they'll fix it! :lol: (no, im not racist btw ;))

But thats just a myth, tried it and it didnt work.

I thought if you put your I-phone in a bag of rice, it would soak up the dampness from water damage and after 3 or 4 days, hey presto, a fully functioning I-phone once again.

provided the water hasn't shorted it - then yes - otherwise no amount of oriental falvours is gonna work