350z Hankook Replica

Pritchard

I saw an awesome car in one of the historical Wales meets. I tried to trace the owner, i think it may ave been NelP? Its a silver Z, with a 'Nismo Motul' decal.

cant tell if its a wrap, decals, or spray.

all the same, looks awesome!!

anyway. gave me an idea and hunting around because the last thing i would want to do is copy another members theme.

so has anyone got anything similar to the Hankook drift car? because i am in love with this ....

motormavens-mobil1-desktop-robbie-nishida-hankook-350z-formula-drift-atlanta-950x600.jpg

Have asked RT-Performance for a quote (incl the bodykit) to get this wrapped.

Anyone else know of any cool designs? The Helix one also looks good.

5531022888_159de7440b_z.jpg

To be clear, no i am not a professional drifter. nor am i even a ''just for a laugh'' drifter. i just like the idea of a car looking like this being on my drive. :)

Pritchard

Yep NeilP has the motul livery on his zed

Personally I think that look only suits track/drift cars. Neil uses his on track regularly. Similarly there are some drifters on here who have livery including a pro drifter (bizz)

If you are gonna do it it will look naff on a standard car. Needs to be heavily modified to pull it off

I quite like the black/orange colour scheme. Have a look here for ideas

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77580-design-bizzs-drift-car/

Cheers LRF4N,

there are some awesome designs in there!

as for the modifying - there won't be bucket seats, roll cages or wild-angled cambers to follow. at least, its not planned.

purely looking at bodykit, then wrap.

i think i agree that if i turned up to a track in it, with my comfy leather seats and aircon i would look a bit out of place. but as a semi-show car... cant be that bad? this is of course is designed to be looked at from afar.

One of SteveOs final designs was also a gem. (cant work out how to upload it?)

GetPhoto3.jpg

Yea, I cant help but stare at the design every day.

Have spoke to RT-P for a quote for the bodykit and wrap.

:D

Obviously the final sponsors will probably be thinned out a little to make it a little more 'clean'.

God I hope the missus approves. Otherwise i'll be sleeping in it.

hankook-350z.jpg

• Like 1

AliveBoy,

as said in opening post i am not a pro driver at all. any sponsors that i add to the car is for 'decoration' only.

if there is any sort of copyright issue or something that you are about to laugh at me about, then please be kind about it. this isnt something ive done before.

Not that I'm aware of for non competition cars.

My rule is, don't stick any thing on the car that you don't have - I.e. don't put a big NOS sticker on your car if you don't have NOS.

I got a few negative comments about mine, but Chris at Tarmac has helped me out loads, and my car is pretty much built by all the parts he supplies, so happy to help him out with advertisement on my car. Which got a hell of a lot of attention after it blew up at Silverstone :lol:

Your car your choice :) Just bare in mind that the cars you've posted have had THOUSANDS spent on them to justify and pull off that design - All genuine parts, no replicas.

Not that I'm aware of for non competition cars.

My rule is, don't stick any thing on the car that you don't have - I.e. don't put a big NOS sticker on your car if you don't have NOS.

I got a few negative comments about mine, but Chris at Tarmac has helped me out loads, and my car is pretty much built by all the parts he supplies, so happy to help him out with advertisement on my car. Which got a hell of a lot of attention after it blew up at Silverstone :lol:

Your car your choice :) Just bare in mind that the cars you've posted have had THOUSANDS spent on them to justify and pull off that design - All genuine parts, no replicas.

Ah yes i got you with the NOS example. i agree with that.

:)

its ok, it wasnt going to be plastered with stickers everywhere. i wanted it cleaner, like NeilP's 'Motul' kind of a thing.

that being said, i am sure i can buy a set of Hankooks :)

AliveBoy,

as said in opening post i am not a pro driver at all. any sponsors that i add to the car is for 'decoration' only.

if there is any sort of copyright issue or something that you are about to laugh at me about, then please be kind about it. this isnt something ive done before.

What the guys are saying is that, yes you can put stickers on your car, but technically they won't be sponsors. You'll just be giving them free advertising space.

Sponsors pay towards your running costs in return for advertising their companies on your car in front of crowds of people at racetracks etc.

AliveBoy,

AliveBoy,

What the guys are saying is that, yes you can put stickers on your car, but technically they won't be sponsors. You'll just be giving them free advertising space.

Sponsors pay towards your running costs in return for advertising their companies on your car in front of crowds of people at racetracks etc.

I was just clarifying the use of the word sponsor, nothing else :)

If you'd managed to secure hankook sponsorship I'd have been massively jealous :lol:

AliveBoy,

AliveBoy,

I was just clarifying the use of the word sponsor, nothing else :)

If you'd managed to secure hankook sponsorship I'd have been massively jealous :lol:

*No offence to Tarmac* :lol:
  • Like 2

There's at least one fully rally decaled up classic scooby round my way. I'm always disappointed when I look inside and it's all OEM, resplendent with back seats, no roll cage and regular seat belts. I say do it, but go balls deep FTW!

Edited by SuperStu
  • Like 1

I think it would look a bit plain without any of the sponsors on it, but I'd probably say go with sponsors that you have parts of on your car? So for example, Brembo, Cobra, Nismo, etc. Could still stick with the large Hankook logos since its meant to be a replica of the Hankook Zed.

well im glad i've not been completely ridiculed for the idea :)

I also have a Subaru rally replica nr me. actually used to work with the guy so saw it alot, hence why in my head this sounds like a great idea.

I do agree with the above, the sponsers would be swapped around, i.e nismo, bremo, pioneer, for example. things that are actually fitted.

Bodykit first though! cant do this with its OEM attire.

Pritchard

I say its your car, do what you want despite what others think. Why be the same as the others. At least then when you turn up for meets, youll not see another one like yours, like most of the members on here with the exact same cars appart from maybe a wheel change (to look at, at least). You will need a big kit, and 19"'s to pull it off me think. oh and not forgetting that BGW. :teeth:

Just a thought, but before you spend thousands on bodykits and paint and stickers etc, you could spend that much on making the car or yourself go faster.

Each to their own, though. I quite like the look of the proposed design. :)

My last 3 tuning projects have had the engines out with cam, headwork etc done to them. spent too much really, and then the mechanical and reliablilty issues begin...

my excuse to the missus for buying the Z was that it is already fast. (so, my trip to Abbey next week is purely for, erm, a service... ahem )

This Z 'project' is going to be more cosmetic for me.

Agreed with the 'same looking' Z's. dont get me wrong i love what pretty much everyone has done, but in the Wales meet for example, the biggest difference between most of them is the colour.

and no, no BGW on mine. i was going to be sensible with a Nismo or similar. not a giant universal one that is used in the picture.

:)