370z Nismo finance.

JoshC

As nice as the 370 Nismo is... £38K... I know the running costs are vastly different, but that's 2nd hand GTR money. It's your cash, but IMHO there are so many better cars for circa £40K... including the 2015 370 Nismo.

If you have your heart set on the old model, at least wait until the new one has been released as you'll surely save a few 1000's as dealers try to shift old stock.

.....that's second hand 4.2 V8 R8 money as well.......

Right, I finally had the email with the quote from the Nissan dealer (Desira in Norwich) and somewhere along the lines there was a miscommunication. When I spoke to him over the phone he said it was a PCP quote but looking at the pdf he sent me it's actually a hire purchase quote with a final payment for £15k. Now obviously I don't want that. I'm going to go into my local Nissan (Wessex in Cardiff) later to have a chat in person and get a proper quote.

I think the reason there is such a difference between your quote and that which your mate got in BMW is the interest. That dealer is charging around 12% APR which is ridiculous when there are 0% deals available.

When I last looked at getting a Nismo I was quoted £370 per month, 0% APR with a £7k deposit and £15k GFV.

Although you've put down more deposit than I would that's far more like the sort of deal I was hoping for. Can I ask what dealer that quote was from and when?

The interest on the hire purchase quote was 4.89% btw!

That is a PCP quote.

The £15k final payment will be your guaranteed value at the end of your agreed period.

Then you either hand back the car, or pay £15k, or use any difference above its GFV and it's actual value as a deposit on your next pcp.

As nice as the 370 Nismo is... £38K... I know the running costs are vastly different, but that's 2nd hand GTR money. It's your cash, but IMHO there are so many better cars for circa £40K... including the 2015 370 Nismo.

If you have your heart set on the old model, at least wait until the new one has been released as you'll surely save a few 1000's as dealers try to shift old stock.

Second hand XKR 5l V8 money :cloud9:

Or a house, in a no go area of a run down town with a crack den next door! ;)

Right, I finally had the email with the quote from the Nissan dealer (Desira in Norwich) and somewhere along the lines there was a miscommunication. When I spoke to him over the phone he said it was a PCP quote but looking at the pdf he sent me it's actually a hire purchase quote with a final payment for £15k. Now obviously I don't want that. I'm going to go into my local Nissan (Wessex in Cardiff) later to have a chat in person and get a proper quote.

I think the reason there is such a difference between your quote and that which your mate got in BMW is the interest. That dealer is charging around 12% APR which is ridiculous when there are 0% deals available.

When I last looked at getting a Nismo I was quoted £370 per month, 0% APR with a £7k deposit and £15k GFV.

Although you've put down more deposit than I would that's far more like the sort of deal I was hoping for. Can I ask what dealer that quote was from and when?

The interest on the hire purchase quote was 4.89% btw!

I've just checked the 2 dealers websites and the deal is no longer there, so probably not relevant to your dealer. It was Shelbourne Motors and Charles Hurst, though.

Out of interest - If you have a car on PCP and you come to the £15k balloon payment - can you sell the car as-is on autotrader and pay the outstanding finance off when it's sold, or do you need to pay off the £15k yourself before you can put it up for sale?

Ekona i guess you had to do one of these 2 options when you sold the 911...?

Out of interest - If you have a car on PCP and you come to the £15k balloon payment - can you sell the car as-is on autotrader and pay the outstanding finance off when it's sold, or do you need to pay off the £15k yourself before you can put it up for sale?

The finance will flag on HPI check.

You can sell privately thoug . But the buyer needs to pay directly to the finance company.

The finance will flag on HPI check.

You can sell privately thoug . But the buyer needs to pay directly to the finance company.

So you advertise the car as having outstanding finance and that a balance must be paid to the finance company.... and if there's some equity left then they pay this to you? Man that's a bit transparent, it's like buying a car and being able to see the dealers margins, you'll get beat up on that difference i bet!

Yup, exactly how I did it. No issues at all, my buyer knew the situation and knew I'd already priced the car competitively, so really he couldn't haggle me on that at all. I was knocked down by less than 0.5%, which I was happy enough with.

We walked into HSBC in the morning, he paid the finance company by CHAPS, then we went back to mine where he logged onto his interweb banking and transferred across the balance. Nice and simple, although CHAPS is same-day rather than instant, which meant he had a nervous 6 hours waiting for the finance company to confirm the payment else I wasn't letting him drive home in the car! :lol:

In theory the buyer could just pay you all the money and then you settle with the finance company, but you'd have to be stupid to do that as you have no proof the seller will then pay the finance company. That said, that's how my mate Mark did it when he bought the VXR off me, but that was a little different.

Yup, exactly how I did it. No issues at all, my buyer knew the situation and knew I'd already priced the car competitively, so really he couldn't haggle me on that at all. I was knocked down by less than 0.5%, which I was happy enough with.

We walked into HSBC in the morning, he paid the finance company by CHAPS, then we went back to mine where he logged onto his interweb banking and transferred across the balance. Nice and simple, although CHAPS is same-day rather than instant, which meant he had a nervous 6 hours waiting for the finance company to confirm the payment else I wasn't letting him drive home in the car! :lol:

In theory the buyer could just pay you all the money and then you settle with the finance company, but you'd have to be stupid to do that as you have no proof the seller will then pay the finance company. That said, that's how my mate Mark did it when he bought the VXR off me, but that was a little different.

Thanks mate. Always wondered.

I have always taken a small loan out when buying a car, even when I have had the cash to buy it, as I don't have a mortgage it helps the credit rating :)

My favourite wind up with the Jag guys is when they do mods to their PCP cars, I ask them if they checked it was ok with their insurance AND the owner :lol:

Ha! :lol: that's fantastic :lol:

I bet they love that :)

Or a house, in a no go area of a run down town with a crack den next door! ;)

Or a 5 bedroom house in Scotland :lol:

• Like 1