370z Nismo finance.

JoshC

Currently have a 10 year old 350z GT and tbh I've never once been tempted to change it as the next sensible step would be a 370 or similar and I've never really liked them, that was until I sae a White Nismo in the flesh this weekend and I've now fallen in love with this http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201410248473328/sort/pricedesc/radius/1501/latitude/51.45387966805501/longitude/-3.176984002178709/make/NISSAN/model/370Z/price-from/500/page/1/usedcars

Rang them up to speak to the dealer and they quoted me around £600 a month over 3 years with my contribution of £4k and a contribution of £1.5k from them on PCP.

Anyway, I don't fully understand car finance but a friend of mine recently bought a brand new £32k BMW 2 series and with his deposit of £1k his payments are £385 a month. Am I missing something here? Surely there's shouldn't be that big a difference? Is £600 a month what people usually pay for finance on new cars? It's almost as much as my mortgage 😢

You'll probably find that your mate is either paying over longer than 3 years, or at the end of a time period (3 or 4 years), there will still be a balloon payment to make. Until that payment is made, the car isn't his.

At the end of your 3 years, the cars yours.

• Like 1

what type of finance

Hire purchase i would imagine your quote was

i imagine your friend has PCP which will means untill he pays a large final sum after x amount of years on a £32k i would guess around 10-15k the car will never be his, and i bet when that time comes he will trade it in

I think he said around £15k? Said something like that would be the baloon payment/guaranteed valueat the end of the 3 years if that makes sense?

I think he said around £15k? Said something like that would be the baloon payment/guaranteed valueat the end of the 3 years if that makes sense?

yea thats right untill that payment is paid the car is never his

Yeah he is just going to hand his back at the end of the term for a new model I guess! That's what I'm sure the guy quoted me on the Nissan because he did mention a baloon payment of £15k to keep it.

Also, now you mention it my mates deal may be over 4 years, but still of its the same type of finance then still seems a strange difference in payments!

what type of finance

Hire purchase i would imagine your quote was

i imagine your friend has PCP which will means untill he pays a large final sum after x amount of years on a £32k i would guess around 10-15k the car will never be his, and i bet when that time comes he will trade it in

That's what I did in my younger days when I spent £36k on a brand new car. Traded it after 3 years for a smaller car, then traded that 3 years later. It took 2 further trades to eventually clear what I owed on my original purchase.

I was gonna ask this too! Apparently like 40% of all 370z bought in the UK are nismos! Go figure so what deals are people on since I also thought the nismo deals were a total rip off.

Where can you find the best nismo deals for All you nismo owners!

I was gonna ask this too! Apparently like 40% of all 370z bought in the UK are nismos! Go figure so what deals are people on since I also thought the nismo deals were a total rip off.

That's not true. There are only 400ish mk1s in the world. So unless there are only 1000 370z globally I think your numbers are wrong. I believe there are around 65 in the UK.

Also, if you're putting 2k down on a 38k car, maybe it's not the best thing ....

Edited by WINKJ
  • Like 1

That's not true. There are only 400ish mk1s in the world. So unless there are only 1000 370z globally I think your numbers are wrong. I believe there are around 65 in the UK.

Also, if you're putting 2k down on a 38k car, maybe it's not the best thing ....

Yeah I was gonna say those numbers seem way off? Would have thought the percentage of Nismo models was very low!

I'd be putting down at least 4k! He did say he'd email me the figures but not had them yet to have another look over!

how many left says there 38 nismo 370z taxed in the uk extra this year compared to last

and looks like there is an extra 80-90 total 370z taxed in the uk this year compared with last

so does sound right

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

Yeah exhaust would be the first thing! First years tax was a shock! As was the £485 for every year following 😳

Way too soon to be thinking about mods but I don't suppose my spacers and eibach springs would be transferable to the 370?

Yeah exhaust would be the first thing! First years tax was a shock! As was the £485 for every year following ������

Way too soon to be thinking about mods but I don't suppose my spacers and eibach springs would be transferable to the 370?

spacers will be springs nope

Yeah exhaust would be the first thing! First years tax was a shock! As was the £485 for every year following ������

spacers will be springs nope

Guessed that would be the case! Cheers!

Nothing on earth would make me buy a new car, certainly not within the first 3 years, the depreciation is so vast you either have to be willing to burn cash for no reason or have someone else paying for it! There are so many minty mint 370s about it makes little sense?

As nice as the 370 Nismo is... £38K... I know the running costs are vastly different, but that's 2nd hand GTR money. It's your cash, but IMHO there are so many better cars for circa £40K... including the 2015 370 Nismo.

If you have your heart set on the old model, at least wait until the new one has been released as you'll surely save a few 1000's as dealers try to shift old stock.

Might be worth shopping around too...

http://www.newcar4me.com/SearchResults-Manufacturer_6425-Range_1008-Model_47162-Body_Any-Transmission_Any-Fuel_Any-EmissionRating_Any.html

OTR for less than £32K... but no PCP quote without calling them.

Edit: Or maybe just ignore me completely as the one in your link is the 2015 model... :lol:

Edited by Paddy78
  • Like 1

As nice as the 370 Nismo is... £38K... I know the running costs are vastly different, but that's 2nd hand GTR money. It's your cash, but IMHO there are so many better cars for circa £40K... including the 2015 370 Nismo.

If you have your heart set on the old model, at least wait until the new one has been released as you'll surely save a few 1000's as dealers try to shift old stock.

iMO The old second hand GTR argument doesn't stack up if you look at the prices on Autotrader - you're looking at closer to £50k for a decent one. You could get one for £40k but it'll be getting on a bit and probably need a fair amount spending on it.

While I (obviously) wouldn't agree that the new Nismo is 'better' (except for the seats), I think that's what he's looking at anyway. The link he posted was to the new one. The best deals on Mk1s are probably the low mile ex demonstrators which can be had for low £30k now.

Edit - our posts crossed :)

Edited by sipar69

You're right about the GTR, it was a bit of an extreme example. You know what I was getting at though. I'd love a 370 Nismo, but if I had £38K burning a hole in my pocket, there are a lot of other seriously impressive cars for that kind of money.

I'm sure you had similar thoughts before you bought yours, but obviously the appeal of the 370N won. ;)

• Like 1

Trust me, I have definitely thought that there are a few cars I would prefer for the same money or less. I've looked at the GTR's under 40K and I love them, I've even looked at far less sensible options such as Noble's :blush: Problem is though, I don't have £40k burning a hole in my pocket. Having just bought my first house the only way I could afford a 40K car would be on finance and you won't find many deals to finance a 5/6 year old GTR etc...

Plus, depreciation isn't really an issue as at the end of the term you just hand the car back for the guaranteed value and get a new one :)

Having said all that, I'm not looking to change anytime soon, especially if the monthly paymets are more than my mortgage, as i've been quoted already :rant:. Just looking to suss it out and possibly change sometime next year.

Fair point. :) It's the head turn / rarity factor that swung it for me.

Tbf, I've always loved GTR's, not really been great lookers but I've always thought I wouldn't care about that and the performance would make up for it. While that is still true, recently I think they've started to look very dated and quite boring. Compared to the spanking new Nismo 370 I saw the other day in white, an 09 GTR looks plain dull!