New project..... Datsun 240z

grahamc

Pleeeeeease paint it dark gunmetal grey and SR20DET it.

:)

I do like the gunmetal grey, but I am also thinking its a little boring.... Nissan chicane yellow ;)

Not interested in high performance turbo engines for this car, it should be all about the looks and the noise.... So RB20/25 na or 350z with throttle bodies, still very undecided on the engine. Want to see how the standard one goes first.

I do like the gunmetal grey, but I am also thinking its a little boring.... Nissan chicane yellow ;)

Not interested in high performance turbo engines for this car, it should be all about the looks and the noise.... So RB20/25 na or 350z with throttle bodies, still very undecided on the engine. Want to see how the standard one goes first.

Noooooo go classy with the grey lol. Like Eleanor in gone in 60.

Throttled vq35de/hr would be awesome.

Looking good Graham! My vote goes to the original Silver!

Im just at the stage of starting to put mine back together so hopefully we can help each other out a little! I cant remember where anything goes so I bought a complete one which is a bit of a wreck to help so if you need any photos let me know!!

Noooooo go classy with the grey lol. Like Eleanor in gone in 60.

Throttled vq35de/hr would be awesome.

Yeah Eleanors colours look good on Eleanor ;)

We shall soon see

Looking good Graham! My vote goes to the original Silver!

Im just at the stage of starting to put mine back together so hopefully we can help each other out a little! I cant remember where anything goes so I bought a complete one which is a bit of a wreck to help so if you need any photos let me know!!

The car will be far from original, so colour may as well stand out a bit.

Good idea..... luckily Im not putting it back together :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking good, progress is progress even if it seems small. I found there were stages where even though I'd spent hours in the garage, nothing seemed to be getting done. All the offering up of parts and panels, adjusting and checking again all takes time but better to get it right at this stage. Post paint it's going to be very difficult if not impossible to change panel gaps etc.

Keep up with the pics!

• Like 1

Looking good, progress is progress even if it seems small. I found there were stages where even though I'd spent hours in the garage, nothing seemed to be getting done. All the offering up of parts and panels, adjusting and checking again all takes time but better to get it right at this stage. Post paint it's going to be very difficult if not impossible to change panel gaps etc.

Keep up with the pics!

Couldnt agree more!! I would rather wait another year and have it be right....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...