BBC LIFE STORY

ZEUS

Does anyone like me think that the bbc do wildlife documentaries like no other channel?

I've followed sir David Attenborough (he's a bit of a hero of mine) since I was a small child on these programmes and they always amaze me with the quality. I admit that most of the time I prefer animals to people and moan about the TV licence all the time but to me the wildlife documentaries are more than worth it ! :)

• Like 2

BBC are the best in Wildlife program's , I love Attenborough, but lets not forget that the BBC

use our money to fund programme's so not much cost restraints there .

Commercial TV make programme's based on the cost of the returned revenue in advertising.

I would agree that the BBC seem to have an extraordinary ability to get really talented producers / directors but more importantly camera and sound folks ( along with all the other guys and gals back scene) to film some fantastic natural history tv.

But it's not only wildlife, BBC documentaries whether to do with the natural world, architecture, history, science etc seem to on the whole be a shining beacon for the organisation.

I put that down to teams of very talented people in the background who've been filming, researching, studying, recording, documenting, cataloguing for years and years with a wealth of experience. People who have also been willing and keen to share their skill, experience and talent with new blood coming in to the organisation

• Like 3

Does anyone like me think that the bbc do wildlife documentaries like no other channel?

I've followed sir David Attenborough (he's a bit of a hero of mine) since I was a small child on these programmes and they always amaze me with the quality. I admit that most of the time I prefer animals to people

Same here, the mans a ledgend! Watched his documentarys through childhood and as an adult!

• 3 weeks later...

I would agree that the BBC seem to have an extraordinary ability to get really talented producers / directors but more importantly camera and sound folks ( along with all the other guys and gals back scene) to film some fantastic natural history tv.

But it's not only wildlife, BBC documentaries whether to do with the natural world, architecture, history, science etc seem to on the whole be a shining beacon for the organisation.

I put that down to teams of very talented people in the background who've been filming, researching, studying, recording, documenting, cataloguing for years and years with a wealth of experience. People who have also been willing and keen to share their skill, experience and talent with new blood coming in to the organisation

+1. :)