Last night....

Rock_Steady

I was sound asleep, just about getting over a nasty migraine when I heard a lot of racket coming from outside. Then, the sound of a car horn that just wouldn't stop. A car crash, almost on my front lawn. I won't go into the ins and outs of it. The driver wasn't drunk but he clearly had never driven down this particular road before. I live in a fork junction and have witnessed numerous accidents metres from my house. Anyway, this guy didn't know about the 90 degree bend in front of my house and this is what happened.

PICT0831.jpg

he managed to fly over the ditch an plough through the trees at the end of my garden but not quite through the other side

PICT0833.jpg

a bit closer, you can just about see it

PICT0834.jpg

snap shot from the side

PICT0838.jpg

another

PICT0835.jpg

front OS elevated by the undergrowth beneath

PICT0836.jpg

bit closer, showing some more serious damage. Damaged, door, wing, bonnet, bumper, smashed windscreen + knackered NS pillar

PICT0837.jpg

PICT0839.jpg

the path it made from the other side

The driver was fine, although he survived the accident, he fell in the ditch and got soaked just to add to his woes. Flatbed arrived this morning but left soon after as it needs to be lifted out.

:oops:

Edited by Rock_Steady

Both air bags went off. This all happened at around 12.45 am. He was well disorientated hense falling in the ditch and in darkness. Made him a mug of sugary tea and offered him some dry trousers and socks. Needless to say, it's a write off.

Edited by Rock_Steady

Similar situation to where I live...a double 90 bend, catches people out, especially on dark winter nights.

As the farmer next door was stabbed assisting someone who had "broken down"

I now investigate any "offs" with either a large crowbar or an axe hanging off the back of my belt! :boxing::bangin:

what I don't get it is, if he was looking at his GPS, he should've known the 90 turner was coming. :dry:

GPS can be a bit hit or miss though. :D

Very much "hit" in this case though....

Sorry couldn't resist. Glad no one is hurt but pushing on on unfamiliar roads is just not on. Even if he wasn't technically speeding he was distracted

• Like 1