Keyser Gets Radical!! - Video P7

Keyser

Sorry for the delay - had to eat Nom Nom - anyway on with the show :)

Some of you (like Trig who I know can weld better than me) may have noticed the bird crap welding in some of the pics - This was down to my little 135Amp Mig just not having enough power to really get good penetration on such heavy metal - But my neighbour came round to see what I was up to and said "You wanna borrow my welder" he has a lovely new SuperMig 185 - "O yes" Says I :)

Then I neatened up my welds and things were a lot easier

S1050763_zpsxg6yi9oe.jpg

Stripped out and back in the Zed Shed

S1050766_zps78e6jccg.jpg

Strung up for a spot of paint :)

S1050767_zpst4oqbszh.jpg

Then out in the sun to dry

S1050768_zpsnbr5jlog.jpg

The legs got a coat of yellow so they stand out as they will now remain in the trailer

S1050770_zpspgeovify.jpg

All back in and looking good :thumbs:

S1050782_zpslit0f8mu.jpg

Starting to load her up - The tyre rack takes all 6 spares that's a full set of slicks plus 2 spare rear wets

S1050783_zps5nbjahdm.jpg

Takes 2 of us about 10 mins to remove or install the 5 parts - 5 parts to make them an easy 2 man lift.

Wiring Next :)

• Like 1

I carry this to track

S1050773_zps2xwaiuww.jpg

A 12v jump pack with Anderson connector which is great as it powers the winch and acts as slave battery for the Radical,

The problem is the cable is about 2 foot long and I have to climb over the bonnet of the car to plug it in or out so I made an extension so I can just grab it and plug it in without climbing over the car on-board.

S1050772_zpsggjivzyr.jpg

The other advantage is I have a set of jump leads with crocodile clips on one end and an Anderson plug on the other so I can connect any battery or even jump it from the truck if the battery goes flat when I'm out and about.

Last but not least, The remote for the winch is 3.5m long - the trailer is 4.2m long so it is very hard to steer a car from the road onto the trailer on your own, So of course I extended the remote by 5m this was aided by a little present I got in the post on Saturday -

S1050775_zpsexel6dth.jpg

Can you guess who sent it??? :lol:

Anyway rude not to use it, so I did for the extension joints

S1050776_zpsrnw6u3h2.jpg

Of course he only sent small gauge heat shrink so to finish it off I had the perfect thing ;)

S1050779_zpsg37pll8e.jpg

Keyser and The Zed Shed Crew

• Like 3

Thanks for the comments guys :thumbs:

@ Wasso - I can't say that the inspiration for the design was completely from my own concept :blush:

RadicalPresale005_zps52op9vdp.jpg

I just made a variant on a theme so to speak :innocent:

OK OK I blatantly ripped of this design and replaced the front shelf with a tyre rack :lol:

• Like 2

I carry this to track

S1050773_zps2xwaiuww.jpg

A 12v jump pack with Anderson connector which is great as it powers the winch and acts as slave battery for the Radical,

The problem is the cable is about 2 foot long and I have to climb over the bonnet of the car to plug it in or out so I made an extension so I can just grab it and plug it in without climbing over the car on-board.

S1050772_zpsggjivzyr.jpg

The other advantage is I have a set of jump leads with crocodile clips on one end and an Anderson plug on the other so I can connect any battery or even jump it from the truck if the battery goes flat when I'm out and about.

Last but not least, The remote for the winch is 3.5m long - the trailer is 4.2m long so it is very hard to steer a car from the road onto the trailer on your own, So of course I extended the remote by 5m this was aided by a little present I got in the post on Saturday -

S1050775_zpsexel6dth.jpg

Can you guess who sent it??? :lol:

Anyway rude not to use it, so I did for the extension joints

S1050776_zpsrnw6u3h2.jpg

Of course he only sent small gauge heat shrink so to finish it off I had the perfect thing ;)

S1050779_zpsg37pll8e.jpg

Keyser and The Zed Shed Crew

My work here is complete. :D
  • Like 1

Great job. Unfortunately if you race a Radical you can only use Radical parts at

their astronomical cost, otherwise it will not pass scrutineer.. Talk about a monopoly..!! :scare:

Track days no problem.. :thumbs:

Tell me about it!

Lucky for me I have a contact that races a Radical and I get his part worn bits at a fraction of the cost - they fit new tyres every race as well as brake shoes so they have plenty of consumables at bargain prices.

My Radical is out to pasture now, she was owned by a professional race team in the past so has been well maintained from what we can tell. Now she is my biggest toy and has the relatively easy job of making me crap my pants and giggle like a little school girl a few days a year at track days :thumbs:

Weather looks ok on the forecast i saw buddy. Sadly wont be able to come for a viewing, enjoy :)

Cheers mate - I need to use your site for the forecast BBC still says rain :(

Maybe catch you at the next outing mate :thumbs:

Weather looks ok on the forecast i saw buddy. Sadly wont be able to come for a viewing, enjoy :)

Always view Metcheck, according to them your ok up till 12, then the odd light shower :)

Looking good Chris. Are you planning any trips to tracks north of Milton Keynes this year?

Bedford - that should be close enough? I like Bedford an would love to do the GT circuit in the Radical :thumbs:

Always view Metcheck, according to them your ok up till 12, then the odd light shower :)

Cheers mate will have a look ;thumbs:

BBC was close to that last I looked - fingers crossed though.

Ever thought about competing in Hillclimbs and Sprints with it?

There are plenty of PR6 and SR3 Radicals competing so would be good competition!

I was supposed to start this year Andy James who already does it in his SC 350z is helping me sort my race license etc but we had a busy year last year so I didn't get everything sorted in time - maybe next season :thumbs:

Edited by Keyser

Ever thought about competing in Hillclimbs and Sprints with it?

There are plenty of PR6 and SR3 Radicals competing so would be good competition!

I was supposed to start this year Andy James who already does it in his SC 350z is helping me sort my race license etc but we had a busy year last year so I didn't get everything sorted in time - maybe next season :thumbs:

Good stuff! Hopefully will see you at an event then somewhere.

Was he at Rockingham yesterday? I did see a 350z in the paddock but never got chance to go and investigate ha