Springs

Alan C

When I got my z he had been lowered, so much that u can't go over speed humps & even scraped on ramps in car park's. I would like to know if anyone could recommend any springs and shocks or would it be better to put in the original set up

coilovers and then choose you're own ride height or go with tein springs which lower 14/17mm - much less of a drop :thumbs:

depends on budget and use really

^^This...

Have you checked to see if you have adjustable setup, IE coil overs.

...and that, ^^

:welcome:

^^ Oh and this. :D:wave:

I have check & just springs not adjustable ones. They have been put on with the original shocks. Thanks for the feedback gents. how much would a set off coil over cost I expect we are talking about £1000

I run Tein S Springs as do many others. Drops the car sufficiently without you having to worry about speed bumps etc. The traders on the forum will stock them and they are only between £150-£200. No brainer in my book.

hard to imagine lowering springs that would drop your car so low it scrapes, im like 40-50mm lower and have that issue

Indeed, something aint right there - I estimate Im about 50mm down and I can still drive about ........... and Im pretty sure no-one does -50mm springs ..........

523475_3336290497208_342586283_n.jpg

I'm getting eibach lowering springs on tomorrow and wheel spacers, il send ya pics and let ya know what the drive is like if that helps....

Post a thread if you can with pics of the drop as I'm sure others would be interested to see what the drop look's like with those & how it rides afterwards.

From what I've read it should be around 25mm all round with the Eibach springs which is a good compromise between the Teins 14/17mm drop (not low enough for some) and other make's with a 30/+mm drop (which is too much for others). :thumbs:

Edit: Oh and just noticed it's your Birthday today so Happy Birthday. :lol::D

Edited by GMballistic

Cheers GMBALLASTIC, got it finished yesterday at demon tweeks, they done an awesome job, the car looks great and feels great, il post pics when I get the car washed.... Went over speed bumps yesterday with no problems.... Alls good....

• Like 1

Cheers GMBALLASTIC, got it finished yesterday at demon tweeks, they done an awesome job, the car looks great and feels great, il post pics when I get the car washed.... Went over speed bumps yesterday with no problems.... Alls good....

That's good news.

Can't stand bl**dy speed bumps even in my non-lowered Zed so it's always nice when they don't cause issues after lowering. B)

Look forward to some pictures when you can. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Tweeks do a good job but can be pricey, I always phone for a price and will usually negotiate.. Even on tyres

• Like 1

When I got my z he had been lowered, so much that u can't go over speed humps & even scraped on ramps in car park's. I would like to know if anyone could recommend any springs and shocks or would it be better to put in the original set up

I got set on OEM spring if you need it.

I am not far from Croydon