Thinking about it.....

Well, you guys won't believe this. I can't.

Arranged to view the car mentioned above at 11am this morning.

Pulled up at the address and got that wonderful feeling in my gut that I was looking at my next car. Seller opened the front door to tell me he sold it a minute earlier. Shrugged his shoulders.

Mightily pi**ed off as my Mini sold this morning also so I was in a position to buy.

:-(

:angry: it doesn't mean it was any good......... next !

• Like 1

Do you have a specific spec your after? Colour, year, interior? There is a really cheap HR In the for sale section that I'm amazed no one has snapped up yet.

No not really, Gun metal (think thats the colour) Grey is possibly favourite. I would want to avoid the higher tax so 2005 and below? I will look now as I have only just got in.

Im in no immediate rush, I can live without a car for a few weeks if I have to.

Thanks again for all the help and info, great forum.

There are some 2006 in the lower tax band. Would defiantly look at the difference between the 3 different engines. Personally I went with the hr because it was newer, had the revised engine which had a bit more power and the bonnet bulge lol. As difficult as it may be try not to let the tax out you off. All hr owners will tell you it's only 2 tanks of fuel extra. If your budget can stretch I would seriously consider.

• Like 1

Ok, I need to look into the variations with the engine. I knew they changed the engine with the facelift but I was unaware there is three variations.

In all honesty the local one I went to view today lured me in at £6k and thats my ideal budget. If I cant stretch to meet a decent car etc then I will hold back for now. Something will turn up Im sure.

First drive in a Z today.

I hoped for a bit more rawness if Im honest. It's by no means a criticism, I didn't expect it to be raw. Possibly a little more Air filter or Exhaust noise would be all I would want for. Again, not a criticism. Very fast, sounds great, feels great, build quality better than I expected and I didn't expect it to be bad at all so lots of positives.

The car was an '07 so a facelift. 85k, full history, Midnight Blue. I have never bought a car purely for its colour or turned down a good car because it wasn't the preferred colour of choice but I really personally think silver or GM suit the Z the most.

Body work had a couple of bad stone chips that should of been taken care of and very slight bubbling on the roof around the chips. Possible shadowing on the drivers door and five small dents on the passenger door. All could be taken care of cheaply so didn't put me off.

Test drive time and I made sure it was a good distance, handled well as to be expected but possibly 4th, definitely 5th and without a shadow of a doubt 6th gear synchros were shot. Bloody awful at the stick.

100 miles there, 100 miles back. :-(

The search continues.......

First 50 or so miles have gone well. Ive had about 20mins in the daylight to have a look around in my own time as it were. Headlights need a polish as a priority, I feel they stand out. Leather is in pretty good condition, I will clean it and treat it ASAP.

Stereo (standard) seemed to not want to tune earlier, I could only use the preset stations. No major concern as I want to replace it soon.

Tomorrow I will have it on some ramps on my drive to have a look underneath. Im sure there is a under tray rattling (sounds like a plastic rattle nothing serious and no one else can hear it other than me).

Very happy overall. Awesome car and road presence.

:)