BMW M6 *First and last mod complete*

KyleR

Love the HUD, not loving so much the old CCC sat Nav.....you know you can 'upgrade' to the newer CIC sat Nav for £500-600. But ofcourse that pretty much destroys any BMW warranty (BMW main dealer computers will throw up errors when connected to the car).....Mod or not, never a easy question ;)

Love the HUD, not loving so much the old CCC sat Nav.....you know you can 'upgrade' to the newer CIC sat Nav for £500-600. But ofcourse that pretty much destroys any BMW warranty (BMW main dealer computers will throw up errors when connected to the car).....Mod or not, never a easy question ;)

I've read that the CiC iDrive is better, but I've never used it and therefore don't know what I'm missing. Plus coming from a Zed, this is amazing :lol:

Wow, I had a look at the 6 serise before the 350z and after. Just think they're really good looking cars, that is an absolute weapon. Hope you enjoy it mate :thumbs:

Can imagine when you drove away and stamped on the loud pedal the big grin would have been hard to contain :teeth:

Edited by hensh65

So I took the car for a bit of a blast around the Mournes today, about 100 miles all in and an average mpg of 23 which I think is pretty good. :) just a few things to report back...

1) I'm getting more ahd more used to telling the car when to shift up with my foot. A subtle lift and the car jumps a gear, but I haven't learnt how to tell it to drop a gear yet short of planting my foot. Of course the SMG knows what it's doing, but sometimes I feel its in a gear too high and I'm sure eventually I'll develop the muscle memory to tell the car to drop a gear too.

2) the Rev match is ****ing awesome :lol: simply driving through a town full of speed bumps and each time I slow for one it blips the throttle and drops to 2nd, huge grin factor :teeth:

3) it's a bloody beast!! I was stuck behind some old biddy in a Hyundai doing 35-40 on a nice bendy B road. The car when cruising even that slow sits in 7th and as I wasn't thrashing the car today I had the drivelogic set to 1 of 6 which is the lowest throttle response and slowest gear changes.

When I bit of a straight appeared I pulled out and floored it, expecting it to drop a gear or 2 and then accelerate safely past the old dear. However, what happened was slightly different. As I floored it I felt the clutch disengage and the car took a huge breath and what felt like a deep gulp as it changed into 3rd and propel me past Miss Daisy before I could blink with a noise I will never get tired of.

What a machine :D

2D9E604A-E534-402D-968F-6BC64CDBE7C6.jpg

Edited by KyleR

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one Kyle. We need to hook up and swap cars for a bit. Got the M3 V8 yesterday and very happy with it! I hope I don't regret to getting the M6😊

I'd love a go in the e92. Be good to compare the 2 beasts and see if the HP difference is noticeable or not and if the chassis differences and lighter weight of the M3 changes things up much.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Think about £18k would do it...

problem is, as much as i'd love a M6, the running costs put me off somewhat... for example, front brake disc on a 650i is ~£60. front brake disc on an M6, ~£240, or 4 times the price... shudder to think how much items normally considered expensive are!

I think if I were to get a 6-series, it would be a 650i first to see how I get on, can be had for half the price of an M6 and still has a fairly hefty 360bhp to push it around.

Think about £18k would do it...

problem is, as much as i'd love a M6, the running costs put me off somewhat... for example, front brake disc on a 650i is ~£60. front brake disc on an M6, ~£240, or 4 times the price... shudder to think how much items normally considered expensive are!

I think if I were to get a 6-series, it would be a 650i first to see how I get on, can be had for half the price of an M6 and still has a fairly hefty 360bhp to push it around.

£18 would get an average one, this ones a cracker :D

About brakes, you're talking about £500 for a pair including pads and the sensors, all genuine BMW M parts which isn't that far off what you pay for good branded Zed parts.

It's the 10l of oil and 10 spark plugs that are the killer lol

• 3 months later...