15 members have voted

1. 1. Proxies or 452's

• Toyo Proxie's T1-R's
    • Falken 452's

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's very close so far. But judging by the comments I think I'm more inclined to opt for the Toyo's now as they seem to have a better grip in the rain and i live in Scotland where as you know rain is more prevalent :D

However it seems the Falkens are harder wearing.

Hmmm I think I'll opt for the Toyo's seeing as I haven't seen much of that big yellow thing in the sky and it's September now.

• 3 months later...
It's very close so far. But judging by the comments I think I'm more inclined to opt for the Toyo's now as they seem to have a better grip in the rain and i live in Scotland where as you know rain is more prevalent :D

However it seems the Falkens are harder wearing.

Hmmm I think I'll opt for the Toyo's seeing as I haven't seen much of that big yellow thing in the sky and it's September now.

If it's wet grip you want, get some Michelin Pilot Sports. I would never scrimp and save when it comes to tyres. As tyres are the only part of the car in contact with the road, they are without doubt the most important part of any car!!! ;)

I'd say Toyos every time. Put them on my supra and it stuck to the road like glue even in the wet. The odd wiggle when I was pushing it through the windy tree lined roads to my house but superb handling.

Didn't have the car long, a few months, but the wear seemed good. A problem I found with other 'performance' tyres they get grip but with a soft compound meaning quick wear. The toyos seemed to get superb grip with excellent wearing too.

If it's wet grip you want, get some Michelin Pilot Sports. I would never scrimp and save when it comes to tyres. As tyres are the only part of the car in contact with the road, they are without doubt the most important part of any car!!! ;)

Agree whole heartedly. I've got MPS on mine and although not cheap, they are possibly about as good as you can get for everyday, all-weather use.

its funny, i posted this on the corsasport forum, and everyone says both these tyres are crap, when i know for myself the toyos are good :lol: and some of you are saying the falkens are good too.

http://corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=402545

i blamed it on the fact they were corsa's they were mounted to B)

Not sure a Corsa can generate enough power and grip to test them can it???

I've tried a few tyres, and I like the Toyos. At the end of the day, since Nissan sell the car with Bridgestone's on, and they are happy with all their millions to invest and research and the Toyo is still better, I don't see how anyone can say it is crap. Same goes for the Falken from what others have said on here. :)

I've no doubt that if the Nissan guys owned up they would say there are better tyres than the stones for ZED but as they probably cost Nissan about 50p a corner its stones we get from new (same applies to most other Jap cars - Bridgestone have corned that market :rant: ) . They then rely on the average punter (not people like us) to renew with the same tyres to boost their profits.

Having said that, Nissan arn't about to sell their cars with tyres not up job for the type motoring the various models are likely to be used for. I'm solely talking here about average road use here, not track, ice or similar extreme conditions. Reading this thread and numerous others before on which tyres are best and the helpful advice that someone who posted the attached site a while back:

www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

It seems a number of the familiar makes all have their good and not so good traits.

I am not sure how anybody can be sure they have chosen the best tyre for ZED without trying out each type on the same car in exactly the same conditions. For me, I am probably inclined towards the Toyos when I need to replace the stones. Why? because they don't get bad reports from you guys and are at a reasonable price with decent longevity and yes I amit to finding the tread pattern the coolest - daft reason I know but am I alone in that thinking - see pic below of the Toyos on PINGU2's car below and compare to the more boring tread pattern on the blue ZED (no offence Cavey ;) )?

P9090011.jpg

Lets face it we all like to see mods to the cars that really work well in the looks department - isn't that really why Toyos appeal to many, and not just ZED owners? OK so price also comes into it and there is cut-price rubbish out there, in the same way that the most expensive does not mean the best (unless you are Armani man and that's what matters :lol: )

Also, we all want to think that the replacement tyres we have chosen are better. But anything is likely to be better because its being compared to (usually) worn out tyres that are way past their best. I also wonder just how many want to believe the replacement tyres are better when in fact they might not be but having shelled out several hundred pounds its a brave owner who puts their hand up and says they are worse are at best no better than those before?

Apologies for the ramble :blush: but whilst it is interesting to see the various comparisons I can't help thinking we sometimes get carried away with what appeals (me included!), without really being sure we have opted for a tyre that has been scientifically proven to be the best tyre that suits the ZED for the average road conditions we have in the UK.