350z De vs Hr

Angrybiker

I knew nothing about the 350z's when i bought mine. All i knew was i liked the style and that they are quite rare to be seen. So when i spotted a black one for sale on the internet i knew i had to see it and ended up buying it. 8500 miles only , sat nav , and yes HR i didnt realise what it was at the time but with many thanks to this forum i have learnt a lot about them now

Both variants are, or getting on for, 10 years old, so it's pretty old tech. The Golf R Estate, Passat BiTDi and a bunch of other estates would embarrass the HR or DE variant nowadays.

If you want fast road, you don't really buy a Zed anymore, unless you have a stack of cash to modify it with.

Both variants are, or getting on for, 10 years old, so it's pretty old tech. The Golf R Estate, Passat BiTDi and a bunch of other estates would embarrass the HR or DE variant nowadays.

If you want fast road, you don't really buy a Zed anymore, unless you have a stack of cash to modify it with.

0-60 in 5 seconds, 600 litre boot and £30k new. Technology has come a long way.

I would still never own one but kudos where its due!

Edited by 370Ad

My mate have the golf R and I still love my 350 over it. The sound the looks and the drive I like shifting gears old skool style lol yeah his cars quick of the line it's gone (launch control) I think that's cheating 😂😂 but it looks like any normal golf to me anyway I have always loved the Z I always wanted to own one and now I do so you can keep the golf audi etc I love my car even if it's a DE 😂😂😂😂

• Like 1

My mate have the golf R and I still love my 350 over it. The sound the looks and the drive I like shifting gears old skool style lol yeah his cars quick of the line it's gone (launch control) I think that's cheating ������������ but it looks like any normal golf to me anyway I have always loved the Z I always wanted to own one and now I do so you can keep the golf audi etc I love my car even if it's a DE ������������������������

Curious, how many car lengths (or not) does the R beat the 350HR in a drag race? As I recall, not much if anything could beat my un-modded 350HR under £50k (unless it was modified :/)

Totally agreed on looks. The Z looks like a sports car, feels like one and sounds like one. The Golf R.. looks just like another golf really. That is all well and good if you don't want to look like you have a sports car, but is that logic not so dissimilar to those old folk that buy a 4ltr only to do 30 mph everywhere. If it is fast, it should look fast - and sexy - and masculine! You don't see many girls in 350z's (no offence), but I see plenty of sales reps and estate agents :excl: in Golfs. I'd say, if you have dogs and kids, such restrictions merit consideration of a golf R, it has boot space and rear seats. Its not all about speed, you can obliterate a golf R by spending a little more money on the 350HR engine, but certainly, no where near what a new R costs.

Edited by the businessman

The cut off was 31 March 2006. Yours could of been registered in those 3 months

Not quite, the cut off date was 23 March 2006 and 06 registrations didn't start until March 1st 2006. Plenty of pre facelifts were registered after the tax went up and although sales of the facelift didn't start until April 1st 2006 there are a very small number that were registered early and qualify for the lower tax rate. Probably around half a dozen, mainly cars for the press to test out. Someone on here once owned one of them. It's also interesting to note that a few facelifts that were imported from Japan are also in the lower tax band as sales started there in October or November 2005.

Pete

Ok question is I love the z mine is 04 silver 116000 on the clock but has small amount of rust coming though in few areas I feel that I want to mod my car but at same time do I want to put money into her.

Or do I part ex an get a hr in black as I do really like the black with less miles and the project begins.

Ok question is I love the z mine is 04 silver 116000 on the clock but has small amount of rust coming though in few areas I feel that I want to mod my car but at same time do I want to put money into her.

Or do I part ex an get a hr in black as I do really like the black with less miles and the project begins.

In my opinion (just opinion) I wouldn't put money into a car with that many miles.