350z vs audi tt rs

SJ350z

a TT rs would annihilate a 350z around track or along a drag strip.

My cayman s ate several 350zs, and I got eaten by a ttrs in my cayman s... and going from a cayman S to a 350z then back to a cayman S I 100% noticed the difference.

(well ex-cayman s, as I've sold it literally 2 hours ago)

So to sum it up. yes TTrs is faster and better in every way.

Point to point, probably significiantly quicker, more so in inclement conditions..

Its the torque and ability to deploy it that makes it a very quick real world car..

Better? Define better.. Supposedly not the most involving thing to drive, but I wouldn't try racing one if you're concerned about "winning"..

Edited by Rosssco
  • Like 2

TTRS is 4.1 to 60. 350Z is 5.9.

Facts speak for themselves.

agree that its faster, but it doesn't make it a 'better' car. if people want speed they could go and buy a nova - or something similar, drop 15k on mods and it and it would probably be quicker than a TTRS, but in my opinion by no stretch is it a better car!

I know how the 350z used to make me feel when I drove it, it isn't the fastest, most expensive car on the road, but it did make me :teeth: t! and the same now with my Nismo, I test drove a brand new cayman and it didn't come close in terms of the 'feeling' I get when I drive the z B):blush:.

When I am in the Porsche Box S (new shape) I know for a fact it doesn't get as much interest nor does it have that 'drivers' feel and excitement that I get in the Z.

I am not saying the Z is the best car on the road because it isn't... but I do believe it has a bit of 'special' feeling that you can't easily replicate.

• Like 1

I actually did come across an Audi TTRS a few years ago when I was driving my zed. Id never really heard of the TTRS. We came off a roundabout on a dual carriageway, I was in 2nd gear and we were both flooring it from about 25mph up to a "reasonable" speed when we both backed off. From where I was sitting, it was neck and neck. He was definitely booting it, not just out for a gentle drive. We did the same thing off the next roundabout to make sure it wasnt just a one off with me getting the drop on him or anything.

It wasnt until I got home that I googled the TTRS and found out more about them. Im sure on a 1/4 mile or from a standing start he would have killed me, but on that day, on that occasion, in that situation, he didnt. They are mental cars and have huge tuning potential.

My zed was an HR, so had 309bhp.

I actually remember posting on here at the time and got slated as people said the TTRS would have destroyed me or the guy wasnt trying or I was imagining things etc etc.

As a comparison, I did come up against an C63 AMG a few weeks later and my god, he totally blew me off the road as if Id put the car in reverse gear. Unbelievably quick acceleration from what I thought was a boring looking Merc family car in my rear view mirror.

Not to mention that Corsa VXR..... :lol:

• Like 1

From Evo website:-

Audi- £43k , four-wheel drive, 335bhp, 332lb ft, 235bhp/ton.

I had the same with a C63 AMG.....I genuinely looked down to check my revs as I thought my car stalled or lost all power or something. C63= Beast.

• Like 1

agree that its faster, but it doesn't make it a 'better' car. if people want speed they could go and buy a nova - or something similar, drop 15k on mods and it and it would probably be quicker than a TTRS, but in my opinion by no stretch is it a better car!

I know how the 350z used to make me feel when I drove it, it isn't the fastest, most expensive car on the road, but it did make me :teeth: t! and the same now with my Nismo, I test drove a brand new cayman and it didn't come close in terms of the 'feeling' I get when I drive the z B):blush:.

When I am in the Porsche Box S (new shape) I know for a fact it doesn't get as much interest nor does it have that 'drivers' feel and excitement that I get in the Z.

I am not saying the Z is the best car on the road because it isn't... but I do believe it has a bit of 'special' feeling that you can't easily replicate.

I agree, was only commenting on the speed aspect.

They are 4WD so I wouldn't personally enjoy it on the B roads as much as a Z.

• Like 1

I agree, was only commenting on the speed aspect.

They are 4WD so I wouldn't personally enjoy it on the B roads as much as a Z.

I know, I didn't mean to respond to you with that haha. was meant to be to CMR1991 :lol:

Almost laughed at the title when I saw it :lol: Had a 'go' with a white one going to work, it won't disappear but if it plants it, they'll be off. Prob disappear on a track though. Looks good but still like every other TT (and a lot of diesel TT's are running about with RS bits and bobs, which kinda dilutes the RS name I think). Zed def looks a bit more...different.

Edited by AMT

The comments about it being a "womans" car or a "hair dressers" car came from Clarkson............and I couldn't disagree more.

I had the derv version and that was quick - not like the zed, but I imagine the TTRS is something again - I do agree with the comments though about head turning - the zed gets far more looks and "feels" that much more special

The comments about it being a "womans" car or a "hair dressers" car came from Clarkson............and I couldn't disagree more.

I had the derv version and that was quick - not like the zed, but I imagine the TTRS is something again - I do agree with the comments though about head turning - the zed gets far more looks and "feels" that much more special

the reason I said that is because I think they look more like a beetle in terms of soft, curvy etc rather than aggressive like a ... well an aggressive car haha.

I had a Derv TT for a month whilst my car was in the garage. Really, really nice car and I'd imagine the RS is savagely quick. I actually quite like the look of them too and really thought I wanted one whilst I had the hire car...

About 1 min after getting my Zed back I've not given it a thought since.