DE versus HR, opinions please.

zeddy addict

I know there are many threads on here about the differences between the 2 engines and and I have read them all so am not being lazy here.

Just asking everyone's personal opinion between the two. Horses for courses and all that, personally I love my DE and find it very lively and great to drive. Love the interior and exterior upgrades too compared to my previous 05 zed.

For those who have experienced both which one would get your vote and why? Just thinking when I can eventually get back to having a zed is it worth holding out for an HR or just wait a bit longer and go for the 370 GT if prices ever drop enough.

Is the HR really that much different engine wise to the DE?

Well I have a DE and think it is fine but have never driven the HR. All im going to say is this guy who races time attack said get what you can afford for your budget if you are going to modify and tune it.

I am bias as I love his car :D

Realistically it depends on your driving and what you want from the car. Personally I prefer the DE Tax :lol:

The HR is better, no question, but the DE is a fine engine also.

I drive both on a regular basis, 3 or 4 times a week. HR is definitely better, it seems much smoother than the DE especially if you push it a bit. DE works fine for me though.

Pete

Hmmmmmm, intereresting, so if you could push the budget to an HR albeit high mileage and a bit battered would you go for that over a low mile DE that was absolutely mint?

Is there that much difference and has anyone driven all three from the early 350z to the last HR to compare all. My first one was a 2005 and 38k miles, after that I had a 2003 with 52k miles yet drove 100% nicer than the first. My current DE is very revvy but much smoother as are the gears and clutch.

Guess a lot of it is down to the individual car?

Just saw this thread lol I knew I'd be in it somewhere!! lol It was my first time! :dry: ...Kris shush about your tyres haha.. :lol:

HR my friend, it is the better way no matter how much people in sunset Zeds tell you ;):lol::p

• Like 2

You still get common faults with HR's.....just a bit less than the DE's...and a few more benefits over the DE...namely the engine. Re-styled front n light cluster touchups keep it lookin modern where as the older DE lights are showing there age. The HR has a jerky throttle at low speeds sometimes but I hear on here a good map sorts that

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

You still get common faults with HR's.....just a bit less than the DE's...and a few more benefits over the DE...namely the engine. Re-styled front n light cluster touchups keep it lookin modern where as the older DE lights are showing there age. The HR has a jerky throttle at low speeds sometimes but I hear on here a good map sorts that

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

I heard the convo from you to Mark @ Abbey.... Mark if I map my HR will I beat the DE up the 1/4 :lol:

• Like 2

You certainly did not...lol We are due a 2nd gear rolling 'go' to eliminate iffy starts lol. I'm letting the HR side down haha :lol: Kris wants to be an HR.... he even has the bonnet... :stir::p

The HR might be "better" but its not good enough to cover a rubbish driver :lol: thats aimed at another HR owner :lol:

• Like 1