Identify my exhaust?! Finally got some decent pictures.

MCook

For those who do not know, I bought the car with this exhaust fitted, the dealer advertised it as being a Nismo system, its pretty obvious that it is not as the back box is far to small.

Before anyone says it is a Cobra system, I know it is identical in appearance and the way it is fitted but it has absolutely ZERO branding/engraving and is far to loud to be a Cobra system...

If it is a custom jobby, I just really want to know why it is so much louder than any other system I have heard, Im not complaining that it is too loud (Not loud enough really :teeth: ) I just want to be 'educated'. Say someone asked what the system is... I wont look like an idiot when I have no idea.. (for example is it decatted or non resonated and if so what does that exactly mean..)

35ja3ad.jpg

fd4imv.jpg

2exneyr.jpg

xf0lkw.jpg

And a video...

Video does not do it justice.. it sounds amazing in person. :teeth: :teeth: :teeth:

Looks like a Cobra to me, and the extra noise is probably from the CAT's you have fitted . . they don't look OEM.

What about the lack of branding? The Cobra system has logos on the exhaust tips and on the back box, mine has neither.. Thanks for the fast reply :thumbs:

yeah the look like decats to me, which explains the noise... could it be because the cobra system you have is quite old, which is why it doesn't have markings? or possibly the tips were replaced at some point which might be why they have no markings?

didn't early cobras have a problem with the clamps not being very good, and a few owners lost a tip? just saying cos the clamps don't look standard cobra either.

I would have to agree with everyone else looks like a cobra resonated system ( I have the same on my zed) and looks like its on decats. As brillomaster said it could be an early cobra system and that's why there are no markings on the back box. your tips may have been changed or over the years metal polish have removed the logo.

On the fifth photo of your last set on the far side of the exhaust you can see something plugged into the exhaust, just take a few photo's closer to the engine but including the pipe with the plug as this is the decat. There is one on each side of the exhaust..

Ah ok, will get some more shots tomorrow!

I like your "w brace" where did you pick that up?

I know MCook's answered but in case you're really interested you can get the same brace for £129. B)

Link: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ULTRA-RACING-4-Point-Rear-Lower-Bar-Brace-Nissan-FAIRLADY-Z33-350z-RL4-1259-/271410271144?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f315013a8

Not sure on the system myself MCook but looks definitely like De-CAT's to me. Nice. :D;)

• Like 1

full cobra resonated exhaust including the y pipe, if you bought the car from a garage it might be worth asking them for a new set of cats as decats won't pass an mot on emissions so will cause probs later on. As you can see in the link the cats look quite a bit different to the decats you currently have. they can be a pain to change aswell.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-GT-UK-Exhaust-CATALYTIC-CONVERTER-Green-Lambda-sensor-Cat-/331270651826?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d2144ffb2

full cobra resonated exhaust including the y pipe, if you bought the car from a garage it might be worth asking them for a new set of cats as decats won't pass an mot on emissions so will cause probs later on. As you can see in the link the cats look quite a bit different to the decats you currently have. they can be a pain to change aswell.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350Z-GT-UK-Exhaust-CATALYTIC-CONVERTER-Green-Lambda-sensor-Cat-/331270651826?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4d2144ffb2

Wasn't that someones car from on here? I recognise the damage, his lady was driving and a van done a u-turn without warning or something.