Top 10 deadliest cars.......the 350Z at number 1 ! Dec 2013.

JEMAN

Hi all......just found this survey, interesting but I know how well planted the Z is so it must be down to heavy right foot syndrome ? Very strange goings on.......what do you guys think ?

It takes years for the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) to compile and organize the statistics for crash deaths and the vehicles in which drivers met their end. However, the latest report tracked model-year automobiles up to 2008, allowing the IIHS to deliver stats that included traffic accident data through 2009 .

The auto safety agency ran the numbers on all vehicles with 100,000 registrations or more between 2006 and 2009, counting only the deaths of the driver (not passengers) in their statistics. In the end, the IIHS calculated a ratio of “driver death per million registered vehicles.†Needless to say, drivers shopping for used vehicles more than four years old would be advised to check the list. Here are the 10 vehicles that involved the highest number of deaths per million registrations.

It takes years for the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) to compile and organize the statistics for crash deaths and the vehicles in which drivers met their end. However, the latest report tracked model-year automobiles up to 2008, allowing the IIHS to deliver stats that included traffic accident data through

1. Nissan 350Z 2-door

Topping the list of deadliest cars on the road is yet another Nissan: the two-door 350Z from model year 2005 to 2008. A shocking 143 deaths per million registrations were recorded for the Nissan 350Z drivers during the study period, with 90 deaths per million registrations occurring in single-vehicle crashes.

Its a US survey, 350Z drivers in the US have a really bad rep. The Us reports show the 350z has an especially high instance of single vehicle crashes (normally the result of reckless driving)

I reckon the UK won't be far behind. Just look at a the age of most of the new members on here. Its what comes whan a performance car drops in price and the car has an easy access modding scene.

I could be an idiot (at times) when I was young but I was behind the wheel of mini metro or a citron AX!

Not saying all our youngsters are irresponsible, but maturity does come with age.

Edited by Randy_Baton
  • Like 2

Mostly young, stupid and in experienced. S2000 got the nickname widow maker as its far more twitchy at the back than the zed ever was. Same with the mr2 tubby. Zed is fairly planted, you either have to be unlucky or really stupid to crash a zed. Its setup to be safe. Id even say the zed is a good beginners car for learning how to drive RWD.

• Like 2

Well said Randy_Baton & rtbiscuit The Z is so much more affordable to the young ! And like you say all the modding that can be done, and I'm sure the odd watch of certain car films can make someone think they can DO THAT ! Maybe. :)

This really is a supprise to me, the Z is the least leary RWD car I have owned,now a 370hp RWD saph Cossie, that was a handful!!! Even the 330ci BM I had was less planted than the Z.

Edited by Jonny Z
  • Like 1

Just look at a the age of most of the new members on here. Its what comes when a performance car drops in price and the car has an easy access modding scene.

I could be an idiot (at times) when I was young but I was behind the wheel of mini metro or a citron AX!

Not saying all our youngsters are irresponsible, but maturity does come with age.

Yep totally agree.

• Like 1

Lots of parents in the USA buy 350Z's for their kids when they start college and the kids are only used to driving FWD cars with about 125bhp, plus since '02 to '08 there were 161878 Zeds sold in the USA compared to 8250 in the UK over the same period so they're pretty cheap now. I've seen some hideous photo's of crashed Zeds in the USA, one where the car had broken in half.

• Like 2

Samsniss350Z.....Yep I'm sure the Z is cheap as chips, I mean fries over in the states lol......and that is a massive number of Zs out there in the states, so It does make sense now. World war Z........:)

Lots of parents in the USA buy 350Z's for their kids when they start college and the kids are only used to driving FWD cars with about 125bhp, plus since '02 to '08 there were 161878 Zeds sold in the USA compared to 8250 in the UK over the same period so they're pretty cheap now. I've seen some hideous photo's of crashed Zeds in the USA, one where the car had broken in half.

Yep, lots of irresponsible parents in The States who buy their testosterone fuelled kids high powered cars such as The Zed.

Pete

• Like 1

Yep, lots of irresponsible parents in The States who buy their testosterone fuelled kids high powered cars such as The Zed.

Pete

yep, and then they just don't understand the value of money. I had to buy my own first car. It was crap and quite rightly so (says shaking his fist). Your first car should be caca, so you can then appreciate what it feels like to buy and drive a much better car. Those spoilt brats!

my guess its that in the states the Z is alot cheaper and the "import" scene is taking place in the us. and off course the Z is the most wanted.

all europen cars are alot expensive in the us that why kid dont drive bmw Ms..

I wouldn't worry about it, statistics say whatever is profitable for them to say. From a country that makes the viper rt which wants to kill you for looking at it funny they cone up with that. A friend of mine crashed his 350 after hitting black ice at motorway speeds, rolled it a few times and got without a mark, car was a write off though obv.

Give those same owners a corsa and they would still kill themselves. Guns don't kill people, people do.

• Like 1

Its a US survey, 350Z drivers in the US have a really bad rep. The Us reports show the 350z has an especially high instance of single vehicle crashes (normally the result of reckless driving)

I reckon the UK won't be far behind. Just look at a the age of most of the new members on here. Its what comes whan a performance car drops in price and the car has an easy access modding scene.

There was a lot of young members on here before the price drop though. I think the zeds more appealing to the younger as the insurance is so cheap. I bought mine at 2.5yrs old when I was 21.

I do agree with the market dropping bringing in some interesting characters but there are fudds on here in every age group unfortunately.

• Like 2