New Japan Racing JR10 wheels.. courtesy of Tarmac Sportz

Justthejedi

They look great, nice choice. I can't get to grips with wheel sizes on account of being a bit dense, what dimensions are these and are there spacers too?

They are 18" with no spacers (yet)....8.5 rim on the front,9.5 on the rears. Cheers.

Here's a question guys......if the rear tyres are stretched to the max and I had an inner tube put in one to get to inflate, could this cause the wheels to vibrate? The rears are 9.5 and tyre size is standard 245 45 18. I'm thinking the tyres are distorting at speed??

Thanks for any advice/opinions?

Here's a question guys......if the rear tyres are stretched to the max and I had an inner tube put in one to get to inflate, could this cause the wheels to vibrate? The rears are 9.5 and tyre size is standard 245 45 18. I'm thinking the tyres are distorting at speed??

You shouldn't notice anything with regards of the tyre fella, it's not much of a stretch (If any) I have 245/45/18 on my front's which are 9.5J

IMG_2289_zpsd9b7d103.jpg

My rears on the other hand are stretched :lol:

Don't have a close up to show you the stretch

You shouldn't notice anything with regards of the tyre fella, it's not much of a stretch (If any) I have 245/45/18 on my front's which are 9.5J

IMG_2289_zpsd9b7d103.jpgHave you had any problems with wheel vibration at 70-80mph+? What size spigot rings did you fit?

My rears on the other hand are stretched :lol:

Don't have a close up to show you the stretch

Here's a question guys......if the rear tyres are stretched to the max and I had an inner tube put in one to get to inflate, could this cause the wheels to vibrate? The rears are 9.5 and tyre size is standard 245 45 18. I'm thinking the tyres are distorting at speed??Thanks for any advice/opinions?
I have the same tyres on 10.5J rears and my fronts are 9.5J with 225/45 tyres and I have no vibration at all so I doubt it would be that. Have you got spigot rings fitted as GARGOYLE said? Edited by pjf1985

Did you fit spigot rings? I had to put them on my jr3's I got from Tarmac.

Here's a question guys......if the rear tyres are stretched to the max and I had an inner tube put in one to get to inflate, could this cause the wheels to vibrate? The rears are 9.5 and tyre size is standard 245 45 18. I'm thinking the tyres are distorting at speed??Thanks for any advice/opinions?
I have the same tyres on 10.5J rears and my fronts are 9.5J with 225/45 tyres and I have no vibration at all so I doubt it would be that. Have you got spigot rings fitted as GARGOYLE said?

I had spigott rings made (74.1-66.1) which is the size I was told fit the 350z hub, they fit nice and tight, I just can't understand why I have a vibration, wheels aren't buckled, balance are all correct etc. :shrug:

Needs some spacers. 25mm rear, 20mm front and lowering on some Tein Springs. Then it will look bang on. Looks good so far though so well done on completing stage 1 of 3 !!!!

Needs some spacers. 25mm rear, 20mm front and lowering on some Tein Springs. Then it will look bang on. Looks good so far though so well done on completing stage 1 of 3 !!!!

Thanks bud, I need to cure my wheel vibration first.

• 1 month later...

I forgot to tell you all that my wheel vibration is cured.......turns out that Formula one autocentre's balancing machine was out of calibration!.....took the car to another tyre dealer, fronts were out by 25g, rears out by 55g!!!

Well that's good news. ;) Now you can really enjoy them. B)

• Like 2