Cyclists - Traffic Lights

ioneabee

Bit of inconvenience for one weekend hardly seems a huge issue. Get the tube, make alternative plans etc. Hell, you could even join them and enjoy the exercise.

I don't get the hostility, I really don't. If it was a spur of the moment thing then yeah, but it's properly organised with loads of notice.

And you don't live or work in the area....

• Like 1

Bit of inconvenience for one weekend hardly seems a huge issue. Get the tube, make alternative plans etc. Hell, you could even join them and enjoy the exercise.

I don't get the hostility, I really don't. If it was a spur of the moment thing then yeah, but it's properly organised with loads of notice.

Mate of mine had business in Brighton, took him 5 HOURS yesterday just to get there... :surrender:

Mate of mine had business in Brighton, took him 5 HOURS yesterday just to get there... :surrender:

Yeah pi$$es me off, anyone who lives round there or uses the roads regularly knows how bad it is if there are just some road works let alone road closures....

• Like 2

I live near all this cycling chaos and to be honest it is a right pain , ive got to go out soon and cant for the life of me figure out how im going to get to my destination as all the major roads leading to it are closed, plus this isnt the first time in recent weeks for the cycling. I work for British Athletics and when we do this for running events we have a rolling road closure, as soon as the back marker is clear the road gets reopened ...cyclists move faster than runners , so why cant the same be adopted????

Edited by jumping350
  • Like 1

Richmond is a car park now, they shut off the road right up the roundabout joining up with Kew - thing is there has been no notice to anyone who hasn't looked for it online, no signs up in advance, nothing. Cars are only finding the closed road when they arrive at the cones and two blokes shaking their heads and pointing back the way they came - it really is quite possibly the worst idea and worst organisation I have seen in some time - I think local business can completely write off any chance of making some money this weekend!

• Like 1

they all started at different times...douchebags!! that's why they shut it all day! send them all off at the same time let the pro's battle it out with aunty mable :lol:

Just been watching it on Eurosport..where are the crowds...obviously couldn't get there due

to the road closures..!!! :scare: :scare: :lol:

Just a little comment from a mate about an hour ago as a lot of roads still closed..!!! :surrender:

Roads were blocked with no diversion signs! Even now with absolutely no one on the course for miles cars were not allowed to cross.

Typical stupidity. How much road tax do the bikes pay?

At least have some traffic management and not shut roads that cannot be bypassed!

:scare:

Just a little comment from a mate about an hour ago as a lot of roads still closed..!!! :surrender:

Roads were blocked with no diversion signs! Even now with absolutely no one on the course for miles cars were not allowed to cross.

At least have some traffic management and not shut roads that cannot be bypassed!

I hear your frustration but you don't pay road tax, neither do I or any other road user.

Cyclists are most likely also motorists and for all you know pay as much if not more VED than you.

Keeping roads closed after all the participants are through is stupid I agree but how do you think Olympian cyclist athletes get their experience? Lots of the participants of this event are slightly more experienced than the middle aged Lycra fetish you make them out to be.

I'm sure you cheered on Victoria Pendleton ;)

• Like 1

I hear your frustration but you don't pay road tax, neither do I or any other road user.

Cyclists are most likely also motorists and for all you know pay as much if not more VED than you.

Keeping roads closed after all the participants are through is stupid I agree but how do you think Olympian cyclist athletes get their experience? Lots of the participants of this event are slightly more experienced than the middle aged Lycra fetish you make them out to be.

I'm sure you cheered on Victoria Pendleton ;)

Dont let the facts spoil a good story ;)

• Like 1