Darren-B's 1971 240z Project Pumpkin Major UPDATE P48

Darren-B

Well what an awesome car the 240z is :teeth: :teeth: such a great joy to drive.

2014-08-15_23-34-27.jpeg

2014-08-15_23-49-01.jpeg

I'm glad I got the car on the road prior to tearing it apart as it's given me a chance to get to know the car a little. It drives exceptionally well for a 43yr old, other than the front shocks being a little tired & the wheel alignment not being perfect after changing the steering gators theres only a few little bits that need to be addressed:

-The boot hatch is moving around in it's guides making an annoying squeaking sound

-The heater is blowing out lots of dust, leaves & other crap, it's also hot all the time.

Other than that all is good, the engine is sweet, loads of torque, the clutch was still slipping in 5th at first but after a while it seems to have stopped. Another thing I noticed is that women love it :D

#Adrian, I'll see you in the morning,

• Like 3

Well I have now covered just over 200miles in the old girl, I can see this strip down & rebuild being delayed somewhat. The car is an absolute joy to drive, took a little drive out to RT Performance yesterday to help out SOB (Octet) with his TT 370 build. Really can't fault the car, both motorway & city driving, it's spot on. Although I did find out that one of the fuel tank breather pipes is a little perished as I had a little leak when I brimmed the tank. Thankfully Octet was on hand with his hose to syphon out the excess fuel

• Like 2

Yeah Yeah Yeah keep going, just watch out as you might wake up one morning to find your zed completely stock :lol:

Well this evening I decided to pop out to the garage & remove a few bits from the car in anticipation of a small delivery tomorrow

2014-08-18_22-31-38.jpeg

2014-08-18_22-36-31.jpeg

So front wheels removed, brake callipers removed, suspension strut, hub removed then the springs compressed & removed, finally the shocks pulled out of the casings. Left hand side literally fell straight out but the right was a bit tough. Had to replace the spring with a scaffold tube them bolt it down onto the strut in order to pull the shock out, bit of a pain but has saved me some time for when the goodies arrive :)

Well when I finished work this evening I went to visit Santa, he gave me whiskey & Rum, I can't remember the rest :blush:

Next thing I knew I was back home with lots of presents :)

2014-08-19_22-42-45.jpeg

So I got unwraping

2014-08-19_22-44-04.jpeg

2014-08-19_22-44-59.jpeg

I've obviously been a very good boy this year, thank you Santa Octet :santa::hug:

• Like 6

Darren, you need to get serious about Granny's hip replacement :lol:

http://www.zccjdm.co...ODY_KIT_#IMAGES

http://www.showcars-...s.com/240z.html

Have you been sucking your titanium exhaust again :wacko:

I might fit the euro/jdm front air valance & rear boot lip, but that is as far as it's going

I say wide arches would look the business. No more than that though.

240Z.jpg

man i´m soooooo jealus.... :wacko:

i´m looking for a 240 all the time and didnt find any with a honest price

All i need is a complete car with the lowest price, all the rust and all i will take care of it.

and must be LEFT HD

CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME pointer here??? PLEASE :blush:

Subscrived your tread