Apologies for an Off Topic Spot - Jaguar XJ220 - Warrington

Ridz

Apologies for a non 350/370Z spot!

However, I hope this will be acceptable to all of us true car enthusiasts.

Just dropped my 350Zed in for a P3 service at TDI North in Warrington, and in the industrial unit opposite, I noticed the rear of a very low vehicle with it's engine running andwith a Vee sound growl!

Walked over and had a chat with the guys in the car upholsterers whose unit it was..

It was a silver Jaguar XJ 220 in for some minor refurbishment work.

Great looking supercar! Sorry wasn't able to take any pics.

Apparently it has a 3.5 litre V6 like our Zeds, but a bit more tweaked!!!

Previous owner is alleged to be a Mr Rod Stewart.

• Like 3

Seems legit

From Pistonheads -

Roman Moroni Saturday 8th February

In the mid 90's me and the girl I was seeing decided to go for a drink one Summers night. As we pulled into the pub car park there was a Silver 220 already parked up. We mused who could afford such a splendid car. On entering the pub, stood at the bar was Rod Stewart and (a very pregnant) Rachel Hunter. Clearly this immediately answered our question.

I gave him a friendly nod and he replied in kind. The g/f and I then went and sat in the pub garden. He left a while later, he showed his chivalrous nature by opening the passenger door and helping RH get in. He then got in, started the car up, selected reverse and promptly stalled it! He restarted it, and this time managed to move it without incident and drove off.

First and last time I've seen a 220 on the road

Saw one at the London Motor Museum when we went earlier this year, it was in a state though. It actually made me a bit sad :(

Did we?

Satin blue, fake carbon scoops on it all over the place, fake carbon bgw, cheap alloys and really dusty.

Saw one at the London Motor Museum when we went earlier this year, it was in a state though. It actually made me a bit sad :(

Did we?

Satin blue, fake carbon scoops on it all over the place, fake carbon bgw, cheap alloys and really dusty.

Rings a bell, that @*!# heap in the second building we went in? Spray booth area.

Did we?

Rings a bell, that @*!# heap in the second building we went in? Spray booth area.

Yeah was in one of the booths, it did look in a sorry state but still an awesome machine :cloud9: