Other cars...and people!

Peak 370

At the gym yesterday. About 50 car spaces free. One disabled space only. I park the wife's S3.

An almighty noise which can only be a low capacity 4-pot with an exhaust you could hide in arrives. (2004 Clio 1.2).

Yep, 2 lads about 18 park IN the final disabled space.

I try to be polite and point out their error...get a right mouthful

"One day, you'll take your 90 year old mum or dad to the supermarket, doctor or dentist and two numpties in a tatty heap of crap will have just taken the only disabled place. What will YOU say to them?"

Was my parting shot.

Horror of horrors when it turns out I'm training them in my class!

Edited by Peak 370
  • Like 2

The Tesco in my town must have around 30 disabled parking spaces and on a Saturday, they're usually ALL taken. yes, ALL. I keep on expecting to see 30 people wheeling around in wheel chairs or 30 people in crutches or with walking sticks reading packets of food in the aisles but i never spot this. Everyone looks very able to me! Whatever qualifies for disability these days can't be anything short of athletic.

Edited by Rock_Steady

I have a family member who looks normal however she is going blind (retinitis pigmentosa). I got abuse hurled at us one day when parking in a disabled spot by an old geriatric f*ck (who isn't in fact disabled but actually just getting normally old) as she looks very able. Never judge at first sight with these things as there may be something underlying which qualifies as being disabled.

Edited by Neilp
  • Like 1

I got a right mouthful of abuse once when I parked in a disabled space when I had the 350z.

The daft bat soon shut up when my then girlfriend got outta the car with the aid of 2 crutches (skiing accident meant she only had 10% movement in her right knee).

She wouldn't have been taking spinning classes that's for sure!

I have a family member who looks normal however she is going blind (retinitis pigmentosa). I got abuse hurled at us one day when parking in a disabled spot by an old geriatric f*ck (who isn't in fact disabled but actually just getting normally old) as she looks very able. Never judge at first site with these things as there may be something underlying which qualifies as being disabled.

fair point. I understand that, and i'm sure some of those people who parked @ Tesco are genuinely disabled in some way but 30 with no obvious physical disadvantage?!?! Seems a little coincidental. I only make my point as disabled parking should genuinely be for the disabled. I am agreeing with you, just seemed a little suspicious. :glare:
  • Like 1

I agree with NeilP about not necessarily judging - but if people qualify they will be displaying the proper blue badges with a photo card incorporated. I suspect our 1.2 Clio friends weren't displaying a badge :lol:

It is frustrating. My wife has a blue badge. At present she can only travel as a passenger for short distances. With her latest setback she has been largely housebound for the last 2 months. Yesterday she felt well enough for us to drive 10 minutes down the road to Starbucks, who have a car park (she has to have the passenger seat reclining at 45 degrees). All she wanted was to lie back in the car, have a coffee and a bun and to see the world outside for half an hour. As usual both disabled spaces at Starbucks car park were taken by cars not displaying a badge. As is happens, after a few minutes we were lucky and got a "normal" space (the car park was full otherwise).

• Like 1

Simple rule, no blue badge then no parking in a disabled bay. Let's not even go there with parent and baby spaces, ok let's, seems to me if you have a child that if you have a child of any age then your entitled to park in one of these spaces, to me if your child goes in a pram or stroller then you should park in one but if the child is walking then you shouldn't.

I actually have a child that walks Rafs he is two years old and needs a secure child seat in the back of the car, but the problem is getting them in and out of the rear child seat - you need to have the door fully open and standing outside whilst trying to wrestle with often ridiculously fiddly belt clips on child seats. I could park in a normal space and just crack my door against the side of the car parked less than 18 inches away but then I am sure everyone would complain - or you can park in the child parking spots which allow you to safely without danger to other vehicles get, more often than not wriggling and resisting like crazy, into the back of the car and secured properly and safely.

Edited by coldel