VULCAN - RED ARROWS

ATTAK Z

My Uncle used to fly these :) . I remember the residents near to Bruntingthorpe Proving ground started complaining about the noise from the cars using the runway, a couple of 'maintenance' runs of the Vulcan engines weekly soon stopped the complaints :lol:

Great cold war bomber but piston engined WW2 planes more my cup of tea.

Would love to see a Mosquito flying again. I hear the memorial flight may be getting one :thumbs:

Edited by choptop

Great that this is flying but I wish the same could be said for the Victor. An equally important and beautiful plane in its own right.

And The Valiant too, over 100 built but I think there's only one complete non flying one left.

Pete

• Like 1

There's a Victor at Elvington ... I think it taxis now and again

Yep I think they do taxi runs but no flying sadly. My dad flew in them in the 70s out of RAF Marham in Norfolk.

My grandad got a medal for working on these at RAF Marham in the 50's. Lovely machines

It's starting to sound like.......

My best mates aunties husbands mum got to screw the last wheel nut in on the 44th one to be built. :D

All interesting facts though, that generations before us got to work on such lovely aircraft.

It's starting to sound like.......

My best mates aunties husbands mum got to screw the last wheel nut in on the 44th one to be built. :D

All interesting facts though, that generations before us got to work on such lovely aircraft.

Funny you should say that, I have a freind whose mothers ................

Edited by ATTAK Z
  • Like 1