Shocked at peoples reactions

Dean_1983

Ladies do seem to like it.

I recently got chatting to a lady who tried to talk her Mr out of his stunning Caymen and into my 350. I was half tempted to suggest a swap, but she was too tall...

;)

Haha. ;)

People's reactions are funny, it does give you a good feeling though knowing you are driving something that turns heads the way it does. Always getting comments at petrol stations, car parks and thumbs up when driving etc, I guess it's a mixture of rarity/looks/noise :)

Edited by Jp606

The guy I bought my zed from said to me you won't believe how many people stare at the car..... I didn't believe him at the time but Christ he was right..... Even the wife said that she drove i she couldn't believe how many people take notice of it.

The first day I bought mine it was parked outside my brothers and a little boy of about 8 walked passed and said to his dad"wow dad look at that Ferrari"

Now I'm quite aware that it's not a Ferrari and I'll probably never own a Ferrari ..... But hearing that really made me smile.

Ladies do seem to like it.

I recently got chatting to a lady who tried to talk her Mr out of his stunning Caymen and into my 350. I was half tempted to suggest a swap, but she was too tall...

;)

A lot of the girls at work seem to like the Z also. Must be the sexy sleek curves that do it :teeth:

• Like 1

Recently had a bunch of kids on mopeds go past as I sat at a junction, beeping, thumbs up and swerving all over the place as they went by, thought they were going to crash looking back over their shoulders. :scare:

Always teenagers and middle aged guys (says i :lol: )

Pulled up at some lights yesterday and got a "cool car mate" from the guy in the next lane. But yes you do also get the twonks who simply have to overtake, no matter what crappy car they're in. I just leave em to it.

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 2

I was also shocked by this, people just start talking to you because of it and everyone at work absolute loves it. A couple of the girls always ask for lifts in it haha, I've never had a car of this calibre before so it's all new to me!

Lucky b@stard!

• Like 1

You're all so lucky, I usually get the opposite! There are a lot of older people dotted round my area, who will happily watch people Mr Businessman in his 5 series sail past at 45 in a 30 zone, but scowl at me when I'm driving like an angel!

I always put it down to stereotyping; they see (and probably hear first) a young person in a sports car and instantly assume I must be speeding. Used to bother me, now I just give them a smile and a wave :)

Thankfully a few people have restored my faith in humanity, I heard one guy walking down the road with his girlfriend say my car was 'gorgeous' :D

• Like 1

You're all so lucky, I usually get the opposite! There are a lot of older people dotted round my area, who will happily watch people Mr Businessman in his 5 series sail past at 45 in a 30 zone, but scowl at me when I'm driving like an angel!

I always put it down to stereotyping; they see (and probably hear first) a young person in a sports car and instantly assume I must be speeding. Used to bother me, now I just give them a smile and a wave :)

Thankfully a few people have restored my faith in humanity, I heard one guy walking down the road with his girlfriend say my car was 'gorgeous' :D

Those are my favourite people! They hear a noise above a whisper, so you MUST be doing 70 in a 20, outside a blind school.

I particularly relish encountering them "rambling" in the valleys and fells of the Lake District, looking down their noses as you rumble through, entirely obedient of the law. I find a liberal application of high revs fills said valley with a great, thunderous, echoing, V6 roar - which pleases everyone! You get to enjoy your Zed and the middle class mafia have something to tut about amongst themselves when they sit down for a cream tea and anti-depressants. When they get home they can then compose a letter to the National Trust complaining, taking their pleasure and sense of entitlement to a whole new level! If they had nothing to whine about, they'd be bored to death. It's practically a public service!

- Concerned, of *****-on-the-Hill

• Like 5

Those are my favourite people! They hear a noise above a whisper, so you MUST be doing 70 in a 20, outside a blind school.

I particularly relish encountering them "rambling" in the valleys and fells of the Lake District, looking down their noses as you rumble through, entirely obedient of the law. I find a liberal application of high revs fills said valley with a great, thunderous, echoing, V6 roar - which pleases everyone! You get to enjoy your Zed and the middle class mafia have something to tut about amongst themselves when they sit down for a cream tea and anti-depressants. When they get home they can then compose a letter to the National Trust complaining, taking their pleasure and sense of entitlement to a whole new level! If they had nothing to whine about, they'd be bored to death. It's practically a public service!

- Concerned, of *****-on-the-Hill

Hahaha brilliant!

Me and the other half quite often go to National Trust places in the Z, can't say I've had any negative reactions though. We actually went to Chartwell House today and people were staring as I scraped over every single speed bump :(

I've never had that many reactions. seen the odd jaw drop which was promptly closed by a wife/girlfriend. I once drove mine to work on a sunny Friday for the first time to which my CEO said "how the hell can you afford that?" he doesn't know much about cars.

Yes - I have had a few fairly positive comments over the last 3 years or so. We will see when it comes to the XK8?

You will get plenty of old chaps raising their caps and pipes to you Neil don't worry ;)

Or just get yourself a Skyline and have every knob head in a Fiesta ST want to race you!

Filling up at Tescos last week had a more mature lady (BMW) getting very excited at my Zed with particular comments on the Blox gear knob! She even asked if she could sit in it as I filled up. Thats a first.

WTF is this, I don't think I ever get comments. Potentially because I look like a smug arrogant pr!ck already :lol:

However, my other half drives the car and the world and his wife want to acknowledge her existence.

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 1

I've never had that many reactions. seen the odd jaw drop which was promptly closed by a wife/girlfriend. I once drove mine to work on a sunny Friday for the first time to which my CEO said "how the hell can you afford that?" he doesn't know much about cars.

I had a similar thing happen to me, when I first bought the car and drove it to work my manager greeted me with "nice car, we are clearly paying you too much" he hasn't got a clue lol.

• Like 1

I had a fair few comments on the Zed, people in petrol stations commenting nicely and the like.

The VX220 got no comments when out and about bizarrely, despite clearly being a rarer and more sporty looking car.

The Skyline gets more attention than both of the above, I have had people asking for photos, caught people taking selfies with it outside my house and the like. It seems to evoke the 'sports car' in people, a rough looking chap who turned up to fix a door on a house opposite came over to talk to me about the Skyline, started asking about BHP and the like and I thought 'yeah whatever' then he started talking about intricate details of all types of GT-Rs, really surprised me!

WTF is this, I don't think I ever get comments. Potentially because I look like a smug arrogant pr!ck already :lol:

However, my other half drives the car and the world and his wife want to acknowledge her existence.

Poor Mouthwash :( I'd gladly stick my finger up in your direction when I see you ;):cloud9: