350Z Roadster S/C Build

Mike_89

Well I have decided that it is officially time to update my build thread. I have spent a little over a year in assessing and purchasing components to put into the long list of parts which are required to allow the 350Z to go FI.

When I joined this forum over 2 years ago, I didn't have the intention to modify the zed, however after a number of months trolling around the forum I started to catch 'Zeditus'. I started working through different ways I would want to modify the zed "do I want a show car" or "do I want outright perfomance". Finally after reading some other build threads I came to the decision I wanted to go FI. I began looking into both TT and SC setups and made the decision to go down the SC route.

I then posted on the forum to get some advice on going FI, which I can only say I received some sound advice from some of the forums FI gurus.

From this point on I will try to keep the build thread as clear and informative as possible, not to add any confusion to what is going on.

SUPERCHARGER

1. Vortech V2 Si-Trim Straight Discharge CCW, Satin - 2E129-040
  2. Vortech 28-Tooth SC Pulley - 4GR033-028
  3. Vortech 3.12" Pulley
  4. Vortech 350Z DE Non-RevUp Mounting Assembly - 4NZ110-033
  5. Vortech 350Z DE Non-RevUp Discharge Assembly - 4NZ112-010
  6. Vortech Race Bypass Filter - 8H040-175
  7. Vortech Oil Feed Assembly - 4NZ130-026
  8. Vortech Oil Drain Assembly - 4NZ130-036
  9. Threadstone Large Inter-cooler

INTAKE SYSTEM

1. Blox Racing 1/2" Plenum Spacer
  2. UpRev GT MAF Sensor
  3. Kinetix Velocity Intake

OIL SYSTEM

1. AAM Oil Pan Spacer
  2. HKS Oil Filter
  3. Mishimoto 19R Oil Cooler c/w Thermostatic Sandwich Plate

FUEL SYSTEM

1. CJ Motorsport Stage 2 Fuel Return System
  2. Injector Dynamics 725cc Injectors
  3. Aeromotive 340LPH Fuel Pump

IGNITION SYSTEM

1. NGK 4469 350Z Iridium Spark Plugs - #5 LFR5AIX-11

INTERIOR

1. Half and Half OEM Retrimmed steering wheel perforated leather c/w alcantara with orange band
  2. Alcantara Gear Gaiter with orange stitching
  3. GlowShift Oil Temperature Gauge
  4. GlowShift Boost Gauge
  5. Gloss Black Interior Trim
  6. Custom Blue LEDs clusters and switches

EXTERIOR

1. Stubby Aerial

946943_10151675193979575_99726971_n.jpg

190bb245-78db-4253-8355-e94b1e3f9b24.jpg

THANK YOU

1. My partner for putting up with me
  2. Friends and Family
  3. Forums FI Gurus
  4. Bennett: GT4_Zed
  5. Jumping350Z
  6. Coz @ ConceptZPerformance
  7. Jez and Craig @ Horsham Developments
  8. Jack @ Royal Steering Wheels
  9. Eve @ Aquagraphix

I will aim to get some more photos shortly!!!!

Edited by Mike_89

Good luck with your build! Where about are you based?

Oh, and I still have a brand new Vortech 1 piece intake pipe, rare as hen teeth :D

Suspension wise, forget about Whiteline, go SPL, you'll never regret it! Just keep hunting on My350z forum in US, plenty of deals there.

A good old long list I hope your pockets are deep but it will all be worth it. What about brakes, with all that power standards may not be up for the job.

I have the Brembo Setup. So these should be capable, for now.

Looking forward to watching this progress. I've always fancied doing this but haven't got the first clue where to start, every time I try to read up on it I get a headache ! :lol:

• Like 1

I have taken some sound advice from various people to help me along, so hopefully if I end up on the beaten track they will put me straight. :headhurt:

This forum is full of forced induction wizards who have done this to their zeds and I am pretty sure that they would assist a fellow zed owner, for a fee of some beer tokens and a pizza :)

Edited by Mike_89
  • Like 1

Still pondering mine - slightly put off by the £13 grand price estimate with supporting mods that my spreadsheet is telling me :lol:

Good luck :thumbs:

How much?! What's on that list? :)

Nothing too special - I like the sound of 400 BHP - just including some already bought and paid for upgraded parts on the list in my figure - brakes, suspension which come first in the sequence, then clutch and exhaust fettling on top of the actual install so, yeah £13k is not just for an SC but my big picture estimate. I prefer to scare myself as to the actual cost :lol: I based it in UK sourced parts too. I agree an sc install will be less than £13 grand :blush::lol: - sorry for bombing on your thread Mike :)

Haha no worries, no harm done. It doesn't scare me really. I love the car so money is no object really. You can't take it with you and you only live once, so you might as well enjoy it while you can.

• Like 2