350Z Roadster S/C Build

Mike_89

I will be purchasing this from the states as I don't need all the parts that are supplied with tuner kit. So I can purchase the individual kits within the tuner kit. Otherwise I agree that this is a good deal.

I have received the first item of many to come today. I thought I would share the opportunity to grab a bargain, as I thought it wasn't going to be the right kit for the price. I was clearly wrong

20140602_1956351.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FREE-SHIPPING-Mishimoto-Nissan-350Z-135-83-/151298717805?_trksid=p2047675.l4066

If anybody is interested in purchasing the above kit. The item was ordered Friday 30-May-14 and received this morning 02-Jun-14. It is well worth the price IMO.

Edited by Mike_89
  • Like 1

Stop copying me!. :angry::lol:

Bought the Mishimoto oil cooler a few weeks ago ~ same one and came direct from Mishimoto UK. :yahoo:

Haha. Seems like a good quality kit, and that's just the bracket.

:teeth:

Does seem great ~ definitely good quality and worth every penny. :thumbs:

I still don't get how this eBay racket works - mishi oil cooler at a crazy 1/3 the price? How? Whats the catch? Is there a catch? I am looking for a thermostatic and it's usually ~£400 from many sources :bang:

I still don't get how this eBay racket works - mishi oil cooler at a crazy 1/3 the price? How? Whats the catch? Is there a catch? I am looking for a thermostatic and it's usually ~£400 from many sources :bang:

No idea how they do it. :dry:

Pretty sure you just need the above oil cooler kit though plus the thermostatic sandwich plate which can be bought from Mishimoto UK for around £100. ;)

Here's one on eBay for less than £100 though; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mishimoto-oil-cooler-thermostat-sandwich-plate-1-2bsp-/221447274928?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item338f4941b0

Or Mishimoto UK; http://www.mishimoto.co.uk/rear-mount-thermostatic-sandwich-plate.html

No idea how they do it. :dry:

Pretty sure you just need the above oil cooler kit though plus the thermostatic sandwich plate which can be bought from Mishimoto UK for around £100. ;)

Here's one on eBay for less than £100 though; http://www.ebay.co.u...=item338f4941b0

Or Mishimoto UK; http://www.mishimoto...wich-plate.html

Both kits are the same apart from the thermostatic sandwich plate.

This still works out cheaper than purchasing the cooler kit at £400.00 :):thumbs:. Its amazing, I think eBay is great.

Its just keeping your eyes peeled and look for bargains really. If your unsure send a message to the seller to double check the item is legit and this way you have a little bit of back up if it goes wrong.

Edited by Mike_89

This still works out cheaper than purchasing the cooler kit at £400.00 :):thumbs:. Its amazing, I think eBay is great.

Its just keeping your eyes peeled and look for bargains really. If your unsure send a message to the seller to double check the item is legit and this way you have a little bit of back up if it goes wrong.

Oh definitely. I asked the seller various questions before I bought one including, "is this a genuine Mishimoto product?".

Got all the answers I wanted and when I checked where the item had came from it stated Mishimoto UK, Kidderminster. :yahoo: Result. :thumbs:

Well I know and I agree totally - I'm just not used to things being (not) too good to be true (we are all wary of unbranded eBay copies - compression arms etc). Amazeballs if branded and not second quality (ie factory outlet). Bargain :thumbs: Where can I get an FRS for a tenner :)

Well I know and I agree totally - I'm just not used to things being (not) too good to be true (we are all wary of unbranded eBay copies - compression arms etc). Amazeballs if branded and not second quality (ie factory outlet). Bargain :thumbs: Where can I get an FRS for a tenner :)

I agree with the this can't be genuine, but its always worth an ask about it, plus this with a positive feedback rating.

I would say that you will struggle to get a FRS for a tenner haha. I've just put a deposit down for the stage 1 cjm kit, will get that next month along with a few other items.

I will keep my eye out for a kit, you looking at a stage 0 or 1?

Edited by Mike_89

Still pondering mine - slightly put off by the £13 grand price estimate with supporting mods that my spreadsheet is telling me :lol:

Good luck :thumbs:

Well I see that you've finally decided what your doing, look forward to seeing your incarnation.

Still pondering mine - slightly put off by the £13 grand price estimate with supporting mods that my spreadsheet is telling me :lol:

Good luck :thumbs:

Well I see that you've finally decided what your doing, look forward to seeing your incarnation.

Yep. In the purchasing phase for a set of mechanical wonders at the moment. Going AAM basic on the FRS. Through the marvel of Tarmacsportz, quite a bit of cost is being controlled in my upgrade package. Spreadsheet has shrunk nicely.

Just keep it up. I had my original costing pretty high, but made this smaller by breaking it into mini projects. I am currently in phase 1 which ensures that I can run 400 rwhp safely.

Edited by Mike_89

Either of you purchased an oil catch can/tank yet?? :dry:

Been looking all over the place to find a reasonable size one for the Zed. Not much room in the engine bay and add a few more bits like pressure regulators etc and there is next to no spare room.

So far I have come up with the Rutland mini OCC; http://oilcatchtank.com/

This is what a few supercharged Zeds have on here but I have heard the bottom seal (where you drain the oil out) has leaked for a few possibly because of boost pressure.

The other option I have found is this; http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/uk/mini-oil-catch-tank

Little bit more expensive & bigger but should still fit where I planned near the power steering fluid bottle.

What are your thoughts? :thumbs:

ive been looking into the same thing , they have to be baffled so got to make sure its got baffling in it somehow...clarke motorsport have a D1 spec im going to ask if thats got baffling in it

Just messaged "Car Builder Solutions" to see if that OCC is baffled.

Why does it need to be baffled in your opinion jumping350? Not being funny, ...just trying to learn. :thumbs:

well according to much research and theoretical calculations.......... zmanalex told me :lol: I have no idea why it does need baffling was going to google that tonight

From what I can gather reading the Vortech reliability thread ( http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/82588-vortech-supecharging-technical-and-reliability-thread/ ) GT4 Zed and Sam Mcgoo are both using the Rutland oil catch can/tanks.

From what I can tell it isn't baffled at all and the only problem mentioned is that GT4 Zed has had a slight leak on the bottom of his from where you drain the oil. :dry:

I thought I'd try a rather pretty but expensive one - mishimoto's new baffled. Is space really *that* tight? It's a breather so long hoses could route to the front I was thinking. Insert an additional in line non-return valve too.

http://www.mishimoto...-catch-can.html

Red flavour :teeth:

Oooh expensive. B):lol: Too much for me on my budget I'm afraid. :byebye:

Maybe just found the answer though to why some people go for a baffled one;

An internal baffle keeps the collected oil from splashing around under race conditions.

The thing with the size for me is that I'm trying to leave room for a fuel pressure regulator & any piping so was trying to limit the size of the OCC especially as I've seen images of the cans collecting only a few hundred mls after hundreds & thousands of miles. Doubtful tbh that I'll need a 1litre can.