Hydro dipped interior parts ~ door pulls & grab handle

GMballistic

My interior has been let down by the common problem of scratched interior door pulls since I bought the Zed so I decided some time ago that I wanted them dipped. I was going to get Vlad to do them but unfortunately I missed my chance with him so instead used a local company called AquaGraphix. Link: http://www.aquagraphix.co.uk/

The cost to do my drivers side door pull, passenger side door pull and passenger grab handle was £70 all in which I think was a very fair price. The results are great imo and the pictures really don't do them justice.

The parts have been done with a black base coat, then hydro dipped in gold carbon fibre weave with a clear gloss lacquer. B)

Taking apart the old...

004_zps15f9c85c.jpg

And the new...

94_zps48db80df.jpg

97_zps75e624f7.jpg

For anyone wanting to do this I do have some of the interior parts for sale now which are my old un-dipped ones. Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/86047-350z-interior-door-pulls-and-passenger-grab-handle-for-sale/

That way you can send them off for dipping as I did and don't have to be with your car in pieces for weeks whilst you wait for the parts. Thanks for looking all. :thumbs:

• Like 6

I know. :D

Our parts where probably there at the same time too as I've had them a while and only just got around to fitting them. Sent the parts to them at the beginning of April.

Had a look at yours the other day ~ they've done a great job on both I think and I've already recommended them to a few people locally. B);)

Edited by GMballistic
  • Like 1

Nice work fella. I used the same company to put red carbon graphics on the dash on my VX220 - very good bunch, they even matched the red carbon shade to the red paintwork on my car!

Honestly it's pretty incredible what they do for the money ~ I mean it wasn't a simple job doing the switch holders as they had to get rid of all the nasty old touch soft paint, then prep, then spray the base coat, then prep again, then dip and finally lacquer & polish. £70 delivered to my door seems like a bargain if you ask me. :yahoo:

Hoping to get my B-pillar covers done the same in the future. B);)

I agree mate, sent my dash off to them from the VX and they had to scrape off all the adhesive, polish it back flat, prep it, put the colour down, lay the carbon over it and lacquer the whole thing. Very impressed and it looked a million dollars. So much better look than vinyl.

• Like 1

Very nice GM they look really nice quality :thumbs:

When I got them I took them down to my mate who owns an Impreza as he is going to get some of his interior parts dipped as well. The pictures really don't do them justice as in person you can really see how well done they are.

With the lacquer it's almost like you're looking at real carbon fibre underneath a thin film of glass if that makes sense. Definitely a worth while mod especially if your sick of the scratched interior door pulls. :thumbs:

• Like 1

This is the best photo I could muster of the button surround they did for part of my dash - has that glassy, polished look. I think it complemented the paint work quite nicely.

IMG_9505_Snapseed_zps6d13eacc.jpg

Oooo been thinking of doing my engine cover similar to this colour.... Very nice

• Like 1

Yeah, mine a bugging the bejesus out of me too. Can anyone recommend somewhere in the North East that can do this sort of thing?

Not sure of the ones in the North East but I'm sure a quick google search will turn up loads of Hydro Dippers/Water Transfer companies.

As you will need to send them the parts though you can use anywhere in the country really ~ definitely would recommend AquaGraphix (link in first post). :thumbs:

I wonder how a dipped engine cover would hold up?

Should do ok ~ doesn't get too hot and there are lot's of other bits in the engine bays painted in non VHT paints.

Ask wizurd in a few months as his engine cover is dipped, "sticker bomb" style. B)

Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/84682-wizurds-build-confirmed-zeditus/