Hello!

Hi, I'd just like to introduce myself as a new 370Z owner.... I'm originally from Leicester but now living in Leamington Spa.

I did have an Astra VXR for around 18 months which I had mapped to around 270bhp. I have enjoyed driving it, but fancied more of a "proper" sports car. Here's the VXR:

vxr1_zpscecf7c38.jpg

And old and new together:

vxr2_zpsc64e7210.jpg

Here's the Z with the roof down this morning:

4_zpsd169912a.jpg

I've only had the car for 3 weeks and I've been away for 10 days of that so this weekend is the first chance I've had to properly drive it, and I've got to say I'm loving it so far! RWD is so much better than having the fronts spinning up in most gears...

The good news is I got it for a very good price, but I do need some new rear tyres ASAP, and all four wheels need a refurb at some point. I've heard colour matching can be quite difficult with these wheels.... Also I'm getting a bit of a scraping noise coming from the RH front brakes when I first set off (similar to if a car hasn't been driven for a while and the discs have rusted). It goes away when I brake but then returns after a few hundred yards. It seems to disappear once they're warmed up. I'm guessing I need to check how the pads are doing, but I can't see how without taking the wheels off.

Once the boring stuff has been fixed and my bank balance recovers from the purchase, the first thing I'm looking at is an exhaust, as below 4-5k rpm the sound is a bit weak.. easily remedied though! Then the paintwork could do with some TLC. And then some spacers to fill the arches a little better. And then a remap?? Does the NA V6 benefit as much as my old turbo did?

Anyway, hello, and hopefully I'll see you at a meet sometime! Also thanks in advance for answering the questions I'll inevitably have...

Chalks

Thanks all for making me feel at home :)

Baidan,

What exhaust are you going for? I'm definitely going to get something, but tyres are No.1 priority right now...

Hi, going for a cobra full system, Mitz at the cougar store is sorting it all out!..

• Like 1