Trip to Scotland to carry out Uprev tuning

Mark@Abbey m/s

Hi,

I am looking to hire a dyno for a couple of days to allow me to travel to Scotland (Glasgow/Edinburgh) to carry out Uprev N/A tuning.

I am working out costs as these will be added to the UPREV costs.

I am thinking it will cost around approx £550-00 inc vat for a N/A would this be a reasonable cost to you guys up North? with regards extra costs to travel south to either TDi or Abbey.

let me know your thoughts please.

thanks

• Like 1

A few Scots were up for this 5-6 months ago (myself included) but I'm selling up shortly so 550 is too much for me.

I thought revup was around the 375 mark, which obviously you make a profit on. A hike of 175 per car for coming north (in addition to profit already built in) might seem a bit much for us (tight) Scots - but suppose saves on wear n tear plus petrol. And I only have a rough idea on what a rolling road costs to hire per day, so no idea on your outlay.

I'm sure others will be along soon to comment further.

A few Scots were up for this 5-6 months ago (myself included) but I'm selling up shortly so 550 is too much for me.

I thought revup was around the 375 mark, which obviously you make a profit on. A hike of 175 per car for coming north (in addition to profit already built in) might seem a bit much for us (tight) Scots - but suppose saves on wear n tear plus petrol. And I only have a rough idea on what a rolling road costs to hire per day, so no idea on your outlay.

I'm sure others will be along soon to comment further.

it very reasonable when you think of it if its £375 for the license

then

dyno rental

Marks labour

marks travel and accommodation costs

Uprev normally is £402-00 inc vat tuned on my dyno.

I have to factor in my flights and Hotel costs and dyno hire; So around £550-00 inc vat is a reasonable cost I feel. Dyno aren't cheap to hire currently I am looking at £675-00 inc vat per day,

I am still looking for a cheaper dyno cost.

please let me know if your interested in this deal please so I can work out costs.

I have to factor in my flights and Hotel costs and dyno hire; So around £550-00 inc vat is a reasonable cost I feel. Dyno aren't cheap to hire currently I am looking at £675-00 inc vat per day,

please let me know if your interested in this deal please so I can work out costs.

Just checked - petrol down and back to TDI would be well over a 100 quid from where I am (central Scotland)....so 550 to get it done up North is not too far off the ball Mark.

Now, just have to resist......I said I'd spend no more BUT......

How many cars do you need to make it feesible? Also I take it the more cars done will reflect in costing?

Just back from TDI North after traveling down there last night, overnights stay, dyno' today and then returned to Glasgow!

The whole trip, including hotel, UPREV map, fuel and food has cost me well in excess of £600

The offer is pretty good if you ask me!

Wish I'd known about this earlier as I hate driving long distance!

Wish this happened last year as it would of saved me one he'll of a trip to abbey from central scotland. What sort of price would you do to check my map for me and maybe tweek it a little? Just I fixed a boost leak but im not sure if it was there before the mapping

I think this trip will just be NA tuning as starting to tune/tweak FI you can work a price out as we may need to do other work with issues;

I could stay for another day and then charge my time and the dyno time out per hour but I cant give a def quote I am afraid for FI tuning;

Can you do some tuning on the haltech ecu?

Yes I can tweak the Haltech bot that will need to be done on another day with the FI cars at an hourly cost ( with my time factored into the hourly cost)

Just checked - petrol down and back to TDI would be well over a 100 quid from where I am (central Scotland)....so 550 to get it done up North is not too far off the ball Mark.

Now, just have to resist......I said I'd spend no more BUT......

How many cars do you need to make it feesible? Also I take it the more cars done will reflect in costing?

I am think 2 or 3 days max , still working on dyno prices so I cant give numbers yet.

but I am am thinking 3 to 4 cars a day.

Been crunching some figures , If I can get 8 people all N/A I can do the UPREV remap for £502-00 inc vat. (ONLY NA cars)

So only any extra £100-00 over the normal costs of the Uprev that is tuned @ Abbey or TDI North.

I will need 8 deposits before I book the dyno and my flights. 4 cars a day.

I can tune other cars on a 3rd day but the costs will be per hour. £100-00 inc vat including dyno time.

Edited by Mark@Abbey m/s

It has been many years since i have been down to Bonnybridge.....they tuned two of my Scobbies many many moons ago.

Still under same ownership - guy called Duncan I think??

Edited by aidan

It has been many years since i have been down to Bonnybridge.....they tuned two of my Scobbies many many moons ago.

Still under same ownership - guy called Duncan I think??

+1, Duncan supercharged my Civic type r EP3 many years ago, great guy