Zed's bose system has to be better than this!

jamess115

Say it isn't so, but my opinion is that the zed's standard bose audio system is rubbish. Anyone agree? I know there is a lot about this on here but can anyone recommend some - not good - but GREAT speakers for this car? I am interested in a couple of 6.5's two rear and a sub. ta

Speakers are fine, it's what powers them that lets them down. Upgrading the head unit makes a massive difference. Mine sounded very good with the imprint processor also but I wanted even better so replaced everything.

Try this:

1 Turn off stereo

2 Put windows down

3 Hit the gas

4 Listen to that sweet V6 soundtrack :teeth:

Can't get a better soundtrack than the car itself :D

Apart from when it's raining

True say - in this instance just have them open a fraction :lol:

Try this:

1 Turn off stereo

2 Put windows down

3 Hit the gas

4 Listen to that sweet V6 soundtrack :teeth:

Can't get a better soundtrack than the car itself :D

Apart from when it's raining

And only on days where the window goes down :lol:

You don't even need to replace the rear speakers, just the front components and the sub as far as the speakers go. The rear speakers should only be adding a tiny bit of rear fill anyway which even the standards can do.

A decent 4 channel amp, run from anew HU and bingo, excellent sound. Keep the soundstage up front.

You don't even need to replace the rear speakers, just the front components and the sub as far as the speakers go. The rear speakers should only be adding a tiny bit of rear fill anyway which even the standards can do.

A decent 4 channel amp, run from anew HU and bingo, excellent sound. Keep the soundstage up front.

+1 the rears aren't really necessary

Since you take the door cards off anyway, and in both cases you'd have to either butcher the old speakers to be used as speaker rings for the new ones or buy new speaker rings and have to feed the speaker wire into the door harness loom, it's only a difference of 5 mins to fit the tweeters of the components into the OEM location.

Comes down to personal preference.

I got comps up front and coaxials in the rear, bazooka tube in place of the OEM sub, all powered by an Alpine PDX-5 amp

This is what I did : http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/73153-mould-on-speakers/

Edited by BulletMagnet