Forum display and use issues (IE related)?

14N

Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with the forum?

I'm using IE9 at home and IE11 at work and I have to change the document mode to an IE8 emulator to get the forum to work at it's best. The display at home is very wrong indeed with the headings (Home, Forum, Calendar etc) not appearing where they should and using IE11 I'm unable to paste into a thread or quote anyone's posts in response to a post.

The 'View New Content' function only seems to display a few posts, rather than a lot like it used to. (I know there are settings for the display of new content (since last visit, last 24 hours, last week etc), but I haven't changed any of these.

The forum seems to be acting weird. Anyone else noticed anything?

Unfortunately IE does create issues with the forum.

Admin work hard to keep on top of it, but IE is fundamentally rubbish and difficult for the forum software developers to make work.

We do recommend Firefox or Chrome for using the forum. Purely because they are more stable.

• Like 2

I've mentioned this a couple of times in the last three months (check forum help). It seems that IE doesn't seem to pick up what you're typing and misses letters so you're constantly going back to include the letters missed. Also when you try to post a message nothing happens. I know when its going to happen when the cursor starts to flicker. Its a pain In the ass. This is the only site I have a problem with!!! :rant:

Edited by samsniss350z

I've mentioned this a couple of times in the last three months (check forum help). It seems that IE doesn't seem to pick up what you're typing and misses letters so you're constantly going back to include the letters missed. Also when you try to post a message nothing happens. I know when its going to happen when the cursor starts to flicker. Its a pain In the ass. This is the only site I have a problem with!!! :rant:

I've found this too. If writing a post of any considerable length, I'll write it in another program first them paste it over (after I've changed the browser compatibility ti IE8 first) :lol:

I've found this too. If writing a post of any considerable length, I'll write it in another program first them paste it over (after I've changed the browser compatibility ti IE8 first) :lol:

Not Just an IE Issue :ninja:

I thought the entire purpose of IE was to download another browser?! I never knew it had any other functionality? :lol:

1. Boot up new windows machine
  2. Open IE
  3. IE pesters you with set up questions
  4. Ignore IE and skip setup
  5. Download Chrome
  6. Years later something automatically starts IE
  7. Like an alzheimer's patient, IE continues a conversation you had with it two years ago
  8. Hammer exit button so hard you break your mouse

I thought the entire purpose of IE was to download another browser?! I never knew it had any other functionality? :lol:

1. Boot up new windows machine

2. Open IE

3. IE pesters you with set up questions

4. Ignore IE and skip setup

5. Download Chrome

6. Years later something automatically starts IE

7. Like an alzheimer's patient, IE continues a conversation you had with it two years ago

8. Hammer exit button so hard you break your mouse

IE must be related to that blasted paperclip! Thank god someone topped him a few years back!

Edited by AliveBoy