Im Myles

Hello Everyone :)

getting posted to Germany soon and looking at getting myself a Nissan 350z

thought id join the forum premature, as I thought that maybe I could get some advice and discount on insurance etc as a member.

I understand 3.5 litres aint exactly fuel efficient but what are the cars like to live with? my hearts set on getting one , but I just want to make sure im jumping with a parachute before I do ;)

I will be driving it to and from Germany but not very Often so I dont see a problem there with fuel costs I dont think, does anyone have any experience with the distance driving of one of these great cars,

Im 26 with nearly 6 years no claims

thanks everybody!!

Welcome aboard Myles. :welcome:

Don't worry about the distance thing ~ Zeds love munching up the miles. Just put it in 6th gear set the cruise control and you should see good MPG too. ;)

My Zeds a daily driver and I absolutely love it. One of the best cars I've ever owned. It's not very fuel efficient on the short journeys I make back and forth to work but I can live with that.

Buyers guide here; http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/77426-buyers-guide/

Lot's more info in here; http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/18-350z-faq/

:thumbs:

• Like 1

28 MPG? thats not too bad, I thought to myself would a van be more practical for bringing stuff back or should I get a 350z and enjoy the drive rather than be sat in something id hate to sit in for 5 mins because lets be honest Driving to germany is a few hours drive and I want to make the most of the travelling..... and the Autobahn whilst its still there :)

i really would like to get one, people I know are always trying to talk me out of getting one , saying they cost too much to run, but Ive thought to myself you only have one life so may as well go for it , but I want to make sure its a thoughtful choice not a rushed silly one where im selling the car 2 months later cuse i didnt think it through haha.

thanks for the replies though!

look forward to keeping in touch with you all!

i don't suppose anybody knows where I could get hold of a Nissan 350z tax free by any chance? haha

Welcome aboard :)

as others have said these cars can happily just munch away miles. Full economy over a longer drive isn't that bad 28mpg like has been mentioned.

You certainly don't buy a 3.5 v6 for amazing fuel economy lol.

Good luck with the hunt and do as you said, take your time to find the right one.

Edited by wizurd
  • Like 1