14N

Engine Bay Colour Options  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What options would you go for?

• Gloss black plenum & gloss black battery/brake fluid covers
    • Gloss black plenum & carbon battery/brake fluid covers
    • Polished plenum & silver battery/brake fluid covers
    • Polished plenum & gloss black battery/brake fluid covers
    • Leave it alone now and stop messing. It looks fine as it is.

Hi All,

Been thinking about changing the bay a bit. I've a few options/ideas floating round my head (there's plenty of room), but can't make my mind up. So figured I try my first poll and see if you guys could help me make a decision. Here's my bay as it stands:

SAM_0150_zps70a10706.jpg

I do really like polished plenums, but do not really have anything else under the bonnet that's shiny (apart from the bonnet catch), so think this may look a little out of place.

Black and orange always works as a colour combo, so changing the colour from silver to gloss black on the plenum and covers is a definite possibility.

Carbon covers for the battery and brake fluid covers would sit nicely with the carbon engine cover, but I'm sat on the fence with these (and they're a bit pricey).

I do like it as it is though - and am I just looking to change it for the sake of it?

Your thoughts please :thumbs:

Edited by 14N
  • Like 1

Thanks all, your input and comments are very much appreciated.

I am inclined to leave it be. I just feel the need to do 'something'. Damn this Zeditis. Maybe I should take up knitting or something to keep my idle mind and hands busy. :lol:

Hmmm. Hand knitted plenum, battery and brake fluid covers. There's a thought.... :wacko:

Hi All,

Been thinking about changing the bay a bit. I've a few options/ideas floating round my head (there's plenty of room), but can't make my mind up. So figured I try my first poll and see if you guys could help me make a decision. Here's my bay as it stands:

SAM_0150_zps70a10706.jpg

I do really like polished plenums, but do not really have anything else under the bonnet that's shiny (apart from the bonnet catch), so think this may look a little out of place.

Black and orange always works as a colour combo, so changing the colour from silver to gloss black on the plenum and covers is a definite possibility.

Carbon covers for the battery and brake fluid covers would sit nicely with the carbon engine cover, but I'm sat on the fence with these (and they're a bit pricey).

I do like it as it is though - and am I just looking to change it for the sake of it?

Your thoughts please :thumbs:

Looks great Ian, one of the best around. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Thanks all :thumbs:

GXXERUK - regarding the silver covers looking 'a bit tacky', they were the first things I ever painted, so I can assure you the paint is very dry indeed :p

Thanks all, your input and comments are very much appreciated.

I am inclined to leave it be. I just feel the need to do 'something'. Damn this Zeditis. Maybe I should take up knitting or something to keep my idle mind and hands busy. :lol:

Hmmm. Hand knitted plenum, battery and brake fluid covers. There's a thought.... :wacko:

Come round my place and do mine :lol:

• Like 1

You could leave it as it currently looks sweet, although I think a polished plenum and carbon battery/fluid covers would enhance the aesthetics even further. The carbon would tie in with you engine cover and the polished plenum would predominantly reflect the colour scheme you have whilst providing added bling.... no brainer IMO. Polished tanks would continue the polished theme if you decide to roll with it...Weapon R dare I say it... B)

• 2 weeks later...

That Fanta sticker makes the engine bay! Genius! Looks really good as it is! Where did you get the carbon engine cover from (Sorry for the poor terminology)?

Thanks. I got the idea from my yoof, when I wrapped the remote shock absorber reservoir on my motorbikes in mini soft drinks cans

The carbon engine cover I got from a forum member, but they're quite easy to get hold of. Try Tarmac Sportz or Cougar Store (traders on here), or even eBay :thumbs:

That Fanta sticker makes the engine bay! Genius! Looks really good as it is! Where did you get the carbon engine cover from (Sorry for the poor terminology)?

Thanks. I got the idea from my yoof, when I wrapped the remote shock absorber reservoir on my motorbikes in mini soft drinks cans

The carbon engine cover I got from a forum member, but they're quite easy to get hold of. Try Tarmac Sportz or Cougar Store (traders on here), or even eBay :thumbs:

Haha ah that's so cool! I remember back in the day when we had our Monster cans on our downhill bike forks. Okay thank you! I will have a look around :) I have just bought my 350z so I am looking at little bits to brighten up my engine bay :p

• Like 1