What a difference a snow foam gun can make.

GMballistic

I got it off eBay! Might flog it :lol:

Probably best, ;) ...although don't try to sell it on here and charge members more than you paid for it (not mentioning any names). :dry::lol:

I won't lol and who was that? Not me I hope?

Probably best, ;) ...although don't try to sell it on here and charge members more than you paid for it (not mentioning any names). :dry::lol:

God no not you. ;)

*cough, cough* Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/84184-zunsport-front-grill-with-picture-lol/ *cough, cough*

But you didn't hear that from me, ...although I can hardly deny putting up the link. :dry::lol:

God no not you. ;)

*cough, cough* Link: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/84184-zunsport-front-grill-with-picture-lol/ *cough, cough*

But you didn't hear that from me, ...although I can hardly deny putting up the link. :dry::lol:

Oh dear! Not good tbh!

I had a Nilfisk washer with the AutoBrite lance and magifoam delivered yesterday.

ill let you know how it performs tomorrow :)

The AutoBrite lance is basically identical to the one I've got so it should work fantastic. B)

To be honest mine is probably a cheaper copy of it. But still does the same job. ;):lol:

• Like 1

I've lost count of the number of times I've told people this :lol:

GM, for when your Demon foam runs out - Bilt Hamber AutoFoam and Auto Finesse Avalanche are the best cleaning foams I've used (and I've tried a lot!) although I've not tried Dodo's offering yet - I've just got 10litres of Car Chem foam on offer (which is being put through it's paces this weekend - initial results are positive though) so it might be a while before I need to buy more. :lol:

• Like 1

GM, for when your Demon foam runs out - Bilt Hamber AutoFoam and Auto Finesse Avalanche are the best cleaning foams I've used (and I've tried a lot!) although I've not tried Dodo's offering yet - I've just got 10litres of Car Chem foam on offer (which is being put through it's paces this weekend - initial results are positive though) so it might be a while before I need to buy more. :lol:

Thanks bud. :D So many good snow foam brands I want to try now.

Just looked at the two you mentioned and the Bilt Hamber is cheapest by the litre. The Auto finesse Avalanche seems to be about £15 for a litre whereas you can get 5 litres of the Bilt Hamber for around £20. Hhmmm, decisions. :glare::lol:

Just looked at the two you mentioned and the Bilt Hamber is cheapest by the litre. The Auto finesse Avalanche seems to be about £15 for a litre whereas you can get 5 litres of the Bilt Hamber for around £20. Hhmmm, decisions. :glare::lol:

Always happy to help other people spend money. :lol:

Yeah, AF are a "premium brand" which in the detailing world just means "expensive". ;) It's worth considering if you can find a good offer on, although for some reason I've not bought any Avalanche since using the BH foam... I can't imagine why. :lol:

Always happy to help other people spend money. :lol:

Yeah, AF are a "premium brand" which in the detailing world just means "expensive". ;) It's worth considering if you can find a good offer on, although for some reason I've not bought any Avalanche since using the BH foam... I can't imagine why. :lol:

Must be a decent lance to make the demon wash foam that nice and thick. I found it a lot runny with the half assed karcher foam gun, which lasted one wash.

I tried the avalanche snowfoam and found the snow a bit disappointing TBH but, as you say, the actual cleaning power to be good. I want my foam insanely thick, with 10 dwell time!!! Might try the BH next.

Does anyone else put some shampoo in as well as the inch or so of snowfoam?

Edit: nice job by the way Graham :thumbs:

Edited by SuperStu

What about the Valet Pro I posted up. Its brilliant stuff.. :thumbs:

Must be a decent lance to make the demon wash foam that nice and thick. I found it a lot runny with the half assed karcher foam gun, which lasted one wash.

I tried the avalanche snowfoam and found the snow a bit disappointing TBH but, as you say, the actual cleaning power to be good. I want my foam insanely thick, with 10 dwell time!!! Might try the BH next.

Does anyone else put some shampoo in as well as the inch or so of snowfoam?

Edit: nice job by the way Graham :thumbs:

Thanks SuperStu I was very pleased with the way the snow foam gun performed.

Imo (& ilogikal1's ;) ) the gun is the problem so change to the one I have or similar and you should see much better results from any snow foam brand you choose to use.

Oh and I don't put shampoo in with the snow foam no as I always do a two bucket shampoo wash after using the snow foam. ;)

What about the Valet Pro I posted up. Its brilliant stuff.. :thumbs:

It's on my list. :lol: That one is around £10 a litre so not to dear but still a premium snow foam by the looks of it.

Really want to try them all now Will so I might have to put names into a hat to help me decide when the Demon snow foam runs out. :D

• Like 1

I find the Karcher plastic lance ok, it foams a bit, but nothing compared to a proper metal lance like this one. The Karcher is a decent way of only using one bucket rather than two, just using the bucket to rinse as the cleaning solution is on the hose.

I'll be buying a decent lance soon though because proper foaming just looks like so much fun :D

• Like 1

Well I tried my Nillfisk out today with the AD lance and magi foam.

As a complete first timer I wasn't sure what to expect but I really enjoyed it.

I do think I messed up a little as the first bottle I don't think I put enough foam liquid in as this is how it had almost all slid off the car within minutes.

So I then tried another bottle and used more fluid and it was better, I had the dial on top of the lance as far to the negative sign as it would go and after 10 minutes there was still quite a lot of foam on the car:

6esagupe.jpg

y9ysatuh.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Stu_2424
  • Like 1

^^ Not too shabby Stu_2424, B) ...although it does look like you've got more on the road/driveway than the car. :scare::lol:

I'm assuming that's after a few mins though and some of it has just run off. ;)

That's after about 2 minutes I think.

I was expecting it to be thicker so maybe I didn't use enough foam fluid and too much water.

I'll try more next time :)

Thanks anyway :)

^^ Not too shabby Stu_2424, B) ...although it does look like you've got more on the road/driveway than the car. :scare::lol:

I was expecting it to be thicker so maybe I didn't use enough foam fluid and too much water.

Just posted in your members build. :lol:

I'd say don't put too much water in the bottle with the snow foam. If your bottle holds say 600ml to the brim then use 100ml of snow foam, 400ml of warm water and leave a 100ml gap.

When I did mine the other day at one point I turned the concentration up using the dial and it was going on like shaving foam. :lol: Didn't want to use my razor on the Zed so weakened the mix ratio a bit using the dial. :D

Looks good... purchased :thumbs:

I use Bilt Hamber and have an emergency bottle of demon shine (usually used on the wife's Civic :lol: ). I had been using the Karcher grey squirter bottle that came with my kit. I didn't think it was too bad tbh - but after this thread I'm sold :)

• Like 1

Just posted in your members build. :lol:

I'd say don't put too much water in the bottle with the snow foam. If your bottle holds say 600ml to the brim then use 100ml of snow foam, 400ml of warm water and leave a 100ml gap.

When I did mine the other day at one point I turned the concentration up using the dial and it was going on like shaving foam. :lol: Didn't want to use my razor on the Zed so weakened the mix ratio a bit using the dial. :D

Cheers dud, it's a 1l bottle so I'll try 200ml next time

Should work great. :)

Mine is a 1litre bottle too and I used an inch of snow foam (maybe 5 cap fulls) in my bottle, then filled with warm water leaving a gap at the top of an inch or so.

I had more than enough to do the entire car and probably could have done at least half the car again with what was left in the bottle. ;)

If I have some over I do under the arch's to clean the liners :thumbs:

I don't use mine often, just not necessary imo

Should work great. :)

Mine is a 1litre bottle too and I used an inch of snow foam (maybe 5 cap fulls) in my bottle, then filled with warm water leaving a gap at the top of an inch or so.

I had more than enough to do the entire car and probably could have done at least half the car again with what was left in the bottle. ;)