What a difference a snow foam gun can make.

GMballistic

Good to hear other's opinions. :thumbs:

It did however seem to have more of a waxing effect on the paint work though than the Demon snow foam. It was more evident when I washed the foam off as I seemed to be getting more beading than normal. Whether this was just in my head or whether the Car Chem does have some sort of wax additive I don't know but still I'm pleased with the results.

There's no wax or gloss additives in it, it just cleans better which rejuvenates your LSP's water behaviour. ;)

I've found that the three best cleaning foams (Char Chem, AF Avalanche and BH Auto Foam) are all more runny in consistency - you can make them thicker by playing with the settings on the lance though and I've found with using the Car Chem foam that using it neat in the bottle and just one turn away from full + gives about the right thickness (for me), but it's never shaving foam type of thick - I'll try to remember to get some pics for you next time I use it (it could be a while, though I've got a couple of others to try/use and no time to use them :lol: ).

• Like 1

Good to hear other's opinions. :thumbs:

It did however seem to have more of a waxing effect on the paint work though than the Demon snow foam. It was more evident when I washed the foam off as I seemed to be getting more beading than normal. Whether this was just in my head or whether the Car Chem does have some sort of wax additive I don't know but still I'm pleased with the results.

There's no wax or gloss additives in it, it just cleans better which rejuvenates your LSP's water behaviour. ;)

I've found that the three best cleaning foams (Char Chem, AF Avalanche and BH Auto Foam) are all more runny in consistency - you can make them thicker by playing with the settings on the lance though and I've found with using the Car Chem foam that using it neat in the bottle and just one turn away from full + gives about the right thickness (for me), but it's never shaving foam type of thick - I'll try to remember to get some pics for you next time I use it (it could be a while, though I've got a couple of others to try/use and no time to use them :lol: ).

I didn't want to alter the guns settings as I wanted a direct comparison from the snow foam using the same settings but I imagine as you say I could have made the foam thicker with adjustments to the gun.

Would be very interested to see any pics of your snow foam tests if you can. :thumbs:

Would be very interested to see any pics of your snow foam tests if you can. :thumbs:

Seeing as you asked so nicely (and any excuse...). :lol:

I need to try out that 50Cal stuff from Waxybox too, so I'll try and get some comparison pictures with that too... like I said, any excuse. :D I actually have two lances, so if I can be a*sed, I could even do a side-by-side. :lol:

• Like 3

I need to try out that 50Cal stuff from Waxybox too, so I'll try and get some comparison pictures with that too... like I said, any excuse. :D I actually have two lances, so if I can be a*sed, I could even do a side-by-side. :lol:

I thought I was the only person on the planet with 2 lances :lol:

• Like 1

I use the eBay lance and Valet Pro PH Neutral Foam on a Nilfisk C110, goes on thick like shaving foam when made up to the dilution suggested on the bottle and I only use 1/3 of whats in the lance with each wash.

Edited by Jp606

I thought I was the only person on the planet with 2 lances :lol:

One can never have enough lances. :lol:

Tried mine today! (sorry no pics - my bad, but rest assured, it looked just like yours).

Big difference in how quick the big white bottle runs out vs the tiny grey bottle of the Karcher! I was expecting it to last ages, but it was gone in a flash. Precious got Bilt Hamber, approx 2-3 cm in white bottle, topped up with water.

Second thing, I intuitively expected the + to mean more foamy, except fully minus was best/thickest. I have a fairly low pressure / bad water feed - part of the reason for Karchering to make a decent flow. I liked the 'airport fire appliance style' foam spreading blades! Hilarious jets are possible if not spreading :lol:

Next the wife's civic got treated to the Demon wash/foam stuff. That went surprisingly well too. Much thicker than previously.

So, I fully agree, this is a worthy £27 spent! Excellent tip GMb :thumbs:

• Like 1

Excellent thread. I have the same setup as the OP and always thought the Karcher adaptor was a bit. Rubbish but didn't know any better. Have now ordered the same Lance in the first post. Thanks for the great write up and tips.

• Like 1

Tried mine today! (sorry no pics - my bad, but rest assured, it looked just like yours).

Big difference in how quick the big white bottle runs out vs the tiny grey bottle of the Karcher! I was expecting it to last ages, but it was gone in a flash. Precious got Bilt Hamber, approx 2-3 cm in white bottle, topped up with water.

Second thing, I intuitively expected the + to mean more foamy, except fully minus was best/thickest. I have a fairly low pressure / bad water feed - part of the reason for Karchering to make a decent flow. I liked the 'airport fire appliance style' foam spreading blades! Hilarious jets are possible if not spreading :lol:

Next the wife's civic got treated to the Demon wash/foam stuff. That went surprisingly well too. Much thicker than previously.

So, I fully agree, this is a worthy £27 spent! Excellent tip GMb :thumbs:

No problem and glad you're pleased. :D;)

Excellent thread. I have the same setup as the OP and always thought the Karcher adaptor was a bit. Rubbish but didn't know any better. Have now ordered the same Lance in the first post. Thanks for the great write up and tips.

Not a problem Linus27 and thanks for the praise. :thumbs:

Really wishing I was the seller of these pressure jet snow foam guns though now as he must be making a killing. :lol:

I just ordered one of these and I can't wait to try it out, is that sad? haha :blush:

Nope. :D Sad would be if you weren't excited to try it out. ;)

Post some pictures if you can of how you get on. :thumbs:

Haha that's what I thought ;) Will do!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Tried mine on Friday and wow, she's a fighter. Pulled the trigger and it nearly ripped my arm off. Fiddled with the dial on top and the nozzle bit as being a man I decided to ignore any instructions and finally got a nice balanced spray. Does an amazing job and is night and day over the rubbish thing that came with the Karcher. Just need some decent snow foam now.

I can highly recommend this lance and thanks to the OP for the heads up.

^^ Great stuff pjf1985 and the Zed look's awesome btw. B) Definitely one of the best colours for any car. ;)

Thanks mate :)

I've been using Demon Shine Snow Foam and it seems pretty good (and I love the smell). But does anyone have any other recommendations? Also how much Snow Foam to use? I filled the bottle up to around the inch mark.

^^ Great stuff pjf1985 and the Zed look's awesome btw. B) Definitely one of the best colours for any car. ;)

I've been using Demon Shine Snow Foam and it seems pretty good (and I love the smell). But does anyone have any other recommendations? Also how much Snow Foam to use? I filled the bottle up to around the inch mark.

AutoDirect Magifoam is what I use, use up to 200ml depending on state of car.

Thats what iv got, in blue to match my Azure, because im sad like that

• Like 1

Oh that much? Probably didn't use enough then, was empty by the time I finished.

Thats what iv got, in blue to match my Azure, because im sad like that

Haha the smell is lovely, thats the biggest selling point for me :lol:

Glad to read everyone's getting on well with their snow foam guns. :yahoo:

Still love mine ~ regarding snow foam if you have a read through the pages there are some suggestions from people that you may want to try.

I was lucky enough to be given some Car Chem snow foam from ilogikal1 to try which was pretty good. Almost time for me to try some new stuff again as my Demon snow foam is almost gone.

Fyi I tend to only use around 100ml odd (2-3 capfulls) of snow foam but then I only ever fill the bottle roughly 3/4 with warm water. ;)

I have one of these (looks very similar to the OP's) but when I use it its always too watery to start with, and only does nice thick foam when theres less than 1/8th of the bottle left, and it sounds louder as well. Anybody know what could be wrong with it? Very frustrating as it starts off crap but is good for the final minute or so of using it!

I have one of these (looks very similar to the OP's) but when I use it its always too watery to start with, and only does nice thick foam when theres less than 1/8th of the bottle left, and it sounds louder as well. Anybody know what could be wrong with it? Very frustrating as it starts off crap but is good for the final minute or so of using it!

Sounds like it might not be mixing properly...

Do you use warm water? Maybe give it a mix/shake see if that helps

Sounds like it might not be mixing properly...

Do you use warm water? Maybe give it a mix/shake see if that helps

Or it only works properly when it's low because it gets air from the bottle, there is a filter in the lance that can become blocked