What a difference a snow foam gun can make.

GMballistic

Well I tried my Nillfisk out today with the AD lance and magi foam.

As a complete first timer I wasn't sure what to expect but I really enjoyed it.

I do think I messed up a little as the first bottle I don't think I put enough foam liquid in as this is how it had almost all slid off the car within minutes.

So I then tried another bottle and used more fluid and it was better, I had the dial on top of the lance as far to the negative sign as it would go and after 10 minutes there was still quite a lot of foam on the car:

6esagupe.jpg

y9ysatuh.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Stu, try turning the concentration knob to the right (clockwise), on mine this increases the concentration.

May be the other way around for you though, just a thought.

:)

Well I tried my Nillfisk out today with the AD lance and magi foam.

As a complete first timer I wasn't sure what to expect but I really enjoyed it.

I do think I messed up a little as the first bottle I don't think I put enough foam liquid in as this is how it had almost all slid off the car within minutes.

So I then tried another bottle and used more fluid and it was better, I had the dial on top of the lance as far to the negative sign as it would go and after 10 minutes there was still quite a lot of foam on the car:

6esagupe.jpg

y9ysatuh.jpg

Stu, try turning the concentration knob to the right (clockwise), on mine this increases the concentration.

May be the other way around for you though, just a thought.

:)

Thanks for the input mate but I had it on full concentration.

I tried the dial in both directions to make sure :)

Question. I understand all the benefits of using a snow foam lance etc, however do forum members really use Karcher Power washers on their cars (aside from attaching and using the snow foam lance). Are they not harmful to the paintwork of the car ?. I have only ever used a normal hose and 2 bucket method etc.

I've read somewhere in a manual for a washer years ago to always pressure wash at an angle or dirt can be forced into the paint, but I've never known of it actually damaging paint work.

As for the foam lance, I got a karcher washer and lance over Christmas with karchers own brand foam solution, I tried that combo once!

Now using karcher washer, the famous 'eBay lance' and angel wax fastfoam (ATM)

FYI stay away from karchers own foam solution, it's very chalky and doesn't smell very pleasant.

Will, was around £25 I think, as posted in one of the eBay links :)

Yea, no matter if you using pressure washer on normal hose - always rinse at an angle as if using at 90 degree angle it will force dirt into paint! So as far as its done at an angle and not to close - you safe to use it :)

• Like 1

I'm gonna get one of these, nice find! Just need to check compatibility with my pressure washer :)

Have a look at the sellers other snow foam guns/lances. They seem to have ones to suit most pressure washers; http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=271418709605&_osacat=0&_ssn=pressurewasherpartsuk&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC2.A0.H0.Xsnow+foam+lance&_nkw=snow+foam+lance&_sacat=0&_from=R40

:thumbs:

@Vlad ~ Have you tried yours yet? Any pics? :D;)

• Like 1

I'm gonna get one of these, nice find! Just need to check compatibility with my pressure washer :)

Have a look at the sellers other snow foam guns/lances. They seem to have ones to suit most pressure washers; http://www.ebay.co.u...cat=0&_from=R40

Cheers mate, I'll have a look :D

I've just got 10litres of Car Chem foam on offer (which is being put through it's paces this weekend - initial results are positive though)

Thanks bud. :D So many good snow foam brands I want to try now.

I can now confirm that the Car Chem foam meets my very demanding standards. :D It cleans just as well as both Avalanche and Auto Foam.

It also foams more than Avalanche, if that's important to you, but nowhere near as much as Magifoam - but I'm a firm believer in the theory that a foam needs to be liquid enough to slowly run off the panel in order to pull the dirt off, and that shaving foam-like consistency that just clings to the panel is inefficient... as demonstrated nicely by Magifoam which looks all pretty and stuff but is flippin' useless in cleaning terms. Just my opinion, of course.

Doesn't smell as nice as Auto Foam though... what? That's important too! :lol:

I've just got 10litres of Car Chem foam on offer (which is being put through it's paces this weekend - initial results are positive though)

Thanks bud. :D So many good snow foam brands I want to try now.

I can now confirm that the Car Chem foam meets my very demanding standards. :D It cleans just as well as both Avalanche and Auto Foam.

It also foams more than Avalanche, if that's important to you, but nowhere near as much as Magifoam - but I'm a firm believer in the theory that a foam needs to be liquid enough to slowly run off the panel in order to pull the dirt off, and that shaving foam-like consistency that just clings to the panel is inefficient... as demonstrated nicely by Magifoam which looks all pretty and stuff but is flippin' useless in cleaning terms. Just my opinion, of course.

Doesn't smell as nice as Auto Foam though... what? That's important too! :lol:

Good to know ~ few more washes with my old stuff then I'll be looking to get some new snow foam to try. :);)

Sadly you've missed the Car chem group buy on the foam now. They are now running one on Revolt - their fallout remover - but I doubt that's any good for foaming... although...

:lol:

No worries still got enough Demon snow foam to last for awhile.

Will be looking at trying something new though, ..probably the cheapest as May is going to be an expensive month for me. :dry:

Will be looking at trying something new though, ..probably the cheapest as May is going to be an expensive month for me. :dry:

This might seem like a bit of a random question given the conversation, but bear with me briefly; how much (in ml) foam do you usually use in the bottle, roughly? I'm just trying to think something through here, which probably won't end well. :teeth::lol:

This might seem like a bit of a random question given the conversation, but bear with me briefly; how much (in ml) foam do you usually use in the bottle, roughly? I'm just trying to think something through here, which probably won't end well. :teeth::lol:

:dry: Less than a 100ml in my 1litre bottle. Maybe 50-75ml at a guess. :)

:dry: Less than a 100ml in my 1litre bottle. Maybe 50-75ml at a guess. :)

Excellent, that save me some thinking then. :teeth: PM me your address and I'll send you a Waxybox style 100ml sample of the Car Chem foam to try out. :thumbs:

Really?! ahh that's cool. :hug: Pm'd. :thumbs:

Have a look at the sellers other snow foam guns/lances. They seem to have ones to suit most pressure washers; http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&item=271418709605&_osacat=0&_ssn=pressurewasherpartsuk&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR5.TRC2.A0.H0.Xsnow+foam+lance&_nkw=snow+foam+lance&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Haven't tried yet as had day off yesterday and thing arrived today...typical! :lol:

Have a look at the sellers other snow foam guns/lances. They seem to have ones to suit most pressure washers; http://www.ebay.co.u...cat=0&_from=R40

Haven't tried yet as had day off yesterday and thing arrived today...typical! :lol:

Nearly the weekend though. :yahoo::D